It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook And Co 'Face Big Brother Monitoring'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Facebook And Co 'Face Big Brother Monitoring'

uk.news.yahoo.com

Millions of Britons who use social networking websites such as Facebook could have details of everyone they correspond with monitored by the Government. Skip related content
Under the proposals, the Home Office is considering making the sites keep data about their users' movements.

These details may then be saved on a "Big Brother" database.

The Home Office said the idea was to tackle criminals and terrorists who might use the websites to communicate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is a disturbing trend, and while I understand the rationale they are using to implement these types of laws and regulations, it doesn't make it any the less creepy that even in the online world of Facebook, which is primarily for the exchange of stupid pleasantries (I Myself don't use it but that's a personal choice) is going to be monitored and every move you make stred so that some group of people can decide weither or not your discussion of tea at noon actually means attack the bank....

Bad trends are happening..

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
And it's for just these reason's I do not have a facebook acount or any other 'similar' social networking sites.
TPTB tell the sheeple these sites are great to talk to your friends and the sheeple just lap it up, all is costs is your liberties and your personal information and details, the sheeple gladly give it all up to 'fit in'.
The sheeple bleat on ( as sheeple do) about too much nformation being retained by the Government but still rush forward to get a new avatar on a new social website, BAA BAA.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Twitter is a great example of this. Who really benefits from knowing what everybody is up to 24/7?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
And it's for just these reason's I do not have a facebook acount or any other 'similar' social networking sites.
TPTB tell the sheeple these sites are great to talk to your friends and the sheeple just lap it up, all is costs is your liberties and your personal information and details, the sheeple gladly give it all up to 'fit in'.
The sheeple bleat on ( as sheeple do) about too much nformation being retained by the Government but still rush forward to get a new avatar on a new social website, BAA BAA.

That is the biggest load of nonsence i have read in a long time.

The only info they have on me is my email addresse and my name.
If the government want to see me talking to friends from long ago they are welcome. It does not effect my liberties at all and i do not use facebook just to "fit in" I am 57 yrs old for Gods sake,
I stopped trying to "fit in" many years ago.

Oh, and who has an avatar? I don't...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by jon1]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I utilize face book only, I got rid of 'myspace' because of the stupidity that was assosiated with it. I use face book in order to keep tabs on my family... or in other words it is a great excuse not to write. (note to self: write more emails to family members.)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
HMM, Sorry but I stand by my post earlier , especially right now as I have JUST received an email sent by TWITTER from my local MP for Sutton saying join us , because someone invited you ( i.e my MP).

email as follows:

twitter.com...

Thanks,
-The Twitter Team

About Twitter

Twitter is a unique approach to communication and networking based on the simple concept of status. What are you doing? What are your friends doing—right now? With Twitter, you may answer this question over SMS or the Web and the responses are shared between contacts.

This message was sent by a Twitter user who entered your email address. If you'd prefer not to receive emails when other people invite you to Twitter, click here: twitter.com...

Sorry but I WILL NEVER join any kind of social network ( apart from a forum) where you can post 'what your doing right now' seeing as I can tell people what my friends are doing 'right now' for fun(* sounds like an excuse to inform on them).

I don't care what anyone says , those are my opinions and whether or not you think I'm wrong , you can keep YOUR opinions to yourself.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith

See, this is where my opinion differs. I already know that all these sites are monitored by these gangstabankstas, so my choice of having an account is so I can be a decent memeber of this humanity and try and shake-wake others up that are still in daydream/sleep mode. I mean when you see a profile like that of Jacque Fresco and then age 92 on is myspace account it makes you realise hope is sitll there.

Also those that are aware of the bigger picture and confront the truth by actively discussing it with current 'batteris', know that there is nothing you can put on those sites hat the governments and ptb don't already know about you, or couldn't find out about you in two minutes. For example I bet you're using windows or a mac with generic software on it. Therefore anything on your computer is up for grabs, whether you know about it or not. It's like the ardwired keyloggers that are attached to the ethernet cable of all new laptops should ring alarm bells, yet people don't know about it and those that do already know how to remove it or know that the government could have everything that wanted to know about you in an instant.

Therefore give fear away and try and wake others up into activelt thinking about the good, like the venus project and a world of equals without borders or boundaries, it can be achieved and NOW is the time.

But again you're entitled to have your opinions and even if I disagree with them, that is my opinon and I will still respect your opinion none the less. I just enjoy tyring to provoke thought in people and approaching things frmo an angle they may not have thought about.

[edit on 3/4/2009 by kingdogol]

new topics

top topics

join