It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love You!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Love -the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.

While there are almost 20 definitions of the word I find this one to be the closest. What I do believe it should say is

Love - the benevolent affection of a creature for his fellow creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to oneself.

A recent atheist, after 46yrs of following the Catholic faith, I believe I have really found love.

What is love? Love is the ability to show your appreciation for your fellow creatures. Some dictionaries use the term 'creature' vice 'man' and that leads me to believe that we should also love all animals as well. They live within this world for the same purpose, whatever you may believe that may be. Love is benevolent, and therefore is given in an altruistic way where one does not expect anything in return. Love makes you feel good when you express it and feels good to have it expressed back. I know as well as all that are reading this to be true, check your internal feelings when someone makes this claim to you. It's a great feeling.

I've had some people tell me in another thread that they don't love me because they don't know me. Do you have to know someone to love them? Is it not possible to love someone without knowing them?

If your a Christian do you love God? Have you met him, or any of the many other people that represent Christianity? Same for Muslims who love Allah, they love their leader as much as the Christians do.

Then we have people all over the world telling President Obama that they love him before he became president. Why? Is he worthy of everyone's love like our Gods seem to be, or does it depend on your stature within a community that decides whether the general public can love someone?

Is there a conspiracy against LOVE? In a way, yes there is. Most religions preach love to all, human and creature alike, but seldom do I see any reflection of this. Somewhere within the folds of religion we have groups that make it so Christian can not love the Muslim, or the Jewish cannot love the Christian. Yet they preach love every day within their walls of spirituality.

Those that say this is wrong must watch the news and see that most wars are between religious factions. A faction is a group of cohesive members that form a minority within a large organization. These factions exert pressure on the majority of the religious groups to believe that another group is preventing their beliefs from being practiced, thereby stifling their rights to freedom of choice. The fact is that no religion is being attacked by any other religion but by these factions that are acting on behalf of a silent group representing a religion or hierarchical group in society.

The whole purpose is for them to divide the masses so that conquering is easier and it is done by the people themselves believing it for their God's sake. This is where we as humans fail to see the logic.

Would a real God ask for someone to kill another when he tells you that life is sacred? Would a real God have you believe that a soldier is alright shooting and killing anyone just because they are on the other side? Would a real God pat you on the back and give you a medal to let others know that you were awesome because you killed the most people when compared to your comrades? I for one don't think any being that would be called God would want any of these questions answered yes.

I've been told that some of my comments were construed as hatred towards certain groups. I hold little respect for those that can so easily kill in the name of a God or a leader. I for one believe that murder is no way to get anything done. The killing of innocents to forward an agenda is done daily within the world and its increasing each day. I do not hate anyone. What I do hate though is the actions of some, be it law enforcement or religious person, that use religion or law to justify their actions against another creature.

I watch in horror as protesters for peace at the G20 summit get led into an attack by provocateurs against the police. All the while the police believe they are fighting for their lives, probably because they are told that these protesters will attempt to do damage to them. This is quite evident in the news where they use the terms 'Anarchist' and 'Revolutionary' and other terms that are negative. The same for the police's side, we are told they will use certain avenues to subdue the protesters, thereby having the protesters ready for anything coming their way before hand.

I made a post in another thread about the G20 protests here that I thought made much sense. I just don't see these protests as being seen as non-violent. This mostly due to the medias coverage and their exacerbating the issue.

My idea of a peaceful protest would be to have thousands of people showing up with loved ones, children and babies. They sit and make their comments, all the while obeying the laws of their country. Maybe somehow letting the police know through speeches etc that they are only there because it is their right to free speech and that they are also speaking on the polices behalf. Letting the police know that it is love of fellow man and country that has led them to do this. In this way I think if you have a police officer that is then told to charge the protesters, doubting that this is in need and that it would be clearly against the law of the land as well as any Gods law. I realize this can't happen in our societies because of the provocateurs we have within our own governments and law enforcement. But that does not stop me from dreaming.

Although most of these protesters are there for the right cause, we have groups that are with them that's main purpose is to instill fear and violence. This is counter productive to the cause of peace and should be obvious. Unfortunately, we the people don't have the choice whether these provocateurs show up or not. Therefore I believe most peaceful rallies and protests are lost before they are started. The other side, the PTB are really in control of these protests from inside without anyone really knowing.

If a group were to get together and have nothing else planned but to sit on the steps of Parliament or wherever and then sing songs of love and caring about one another, and did nothing in the way of violence, I don't think too many law enforcement officials would follow the orders of 'beat them with batons' or 'spray them with CS gas'. Just my feeling that what media we do have that is true to their trade would make them look savage assaulting peaceful protesters. Even that word protester is in a way derogatory. These people are asking for rights that have been taken away illegally by their governments and it is their right to voice their opinions. It would be fine if our politicians would listen to their constituents but they really never have in my opinion.

We have leaders talk of their love for their fellow man and their rights to this and that and yet you have some that are threatening countries with nuclear strikes against millions of innocent people. Is this in the name of love for their fellow country men? I for one don't want the responsibility of thousands of lives on my head because my country decides to attack another because of their beliefs. Defense is one thing but to attack with no provocation is clearly not human in my sight. Even defense must be used with a limit...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Just like the law enforcement rules of yesteryear... There was a time when a LE officer was only to use enough force as is necessary to stop the person suspected of committing the crime. That has changed drastically recently with anyone being 'suspected' of committing a crime being a prime target for a tasering or a beating by LE. Even the MSM paints people as criminals before being tried by a judge. The police seem to have the power now to say that anyone they deal with is a criminal and then society then classes them as criminals without going through our court systems. This is a travesty to our society. This is quite evident within threads on ATS alone where people will defend a LEO for using a taser on a teen 19 times; the teens only criminal act was falling from an overpass and not being coherent enough and in such pain that he could not follow the LEOs commands to sit down. i can only see that there were other ways this LEO could have handled this so the safety of the teen was not in jeopardy as well as the LEO. Instead of stopping traffic he tased this person 19 times. There are other examples but I don't want to get into them specifically because it really doesn't matter to this subject.

With a little bit of love and understanding on any of the LEOs part, any tasing could have been prevented, leading to a lot of people not affected permanently or dead.

I think back to when I was in the military on the defense force that was to be called out in case of a prison escape, we were within the city and the military had an agreement to assist. Even then we were told of the rules of engagement and that excessive force would be dealt with by any person breaking it. This was against prisoners who were obviously convicted, yet we now find it alright in society to taser and beat people in the street merely for questioning the law.

In no way am I saying that we should go walk in crowds and shout I love you and then have the cops beat our heads in and we accept that. There is a time for fighting back and it would appear that this time has come or is in the very near future. I just hope that each person on each side realizes that they are fighting for the same thing. That police officer on the other side is fighting for his family and his rights, he only believes that the protester is against this by doing this outside of the law. This is untrue yet they believe it because they are told by their leaders this is the case. Much the same as the self proclaimed 'Anarchist' that attempt to lead the peaceful protesters. These 'Anarchists' are there to give rise to violence in the name of their cause, which is against the peaceful demonstrators cause, yet they fight together and therefore are treated as one by the police who believe they are protecting the law.

Peace and Love can not be brought about by fighting. Never has and never will. All the wars that have been fought have lost millions of lives in the name of religion and politics. Yet these two factions within our society have used the term "Love" to justify their brutal murders of innocents throughout the ages.

Within the threads of ATS I've noted all kinds of people who have noted their disagreement with my opinions. One shouldn't expect that their opinion is accepted by anyone. But lately I've found that some opinions have led members to use names that display a hatred towards the person. I'm not talking 'disinfo' or the like, I'm talking about some racist slants etc. And this is all due to someone putting their opinion on an ATS thread. I can still dislike a persons opinion but I still have a love for the person as a creature of this world we live in. Who am I to judge another by his actions within a thread and see them as someone undue the love that is supposed to be given all who live on this planet.

I've had numerous heated discussions on threads that I've decided to leave and take a break from because of the way I saw it flowing. I would generally sign off "Peace and Love to All", and leave it. I do believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion and my posting is my way of making this real. I may not open many eyes but if only one person sees my point then I've done my part, as I'm sure others may feel the same.

I don't hate these people that have different opinions than I. I don't hate the people that I believe are only here to keep the truth from peoples knowledge. I love them. My opinion is just that, an opinion based on what I've been told are facts.

As to those in power, they are human and they are worthy of being loved. One act of anything that may seem to be against society or whatever does not make it alright to not love a person in my eyes. Even the most evil of people throughout history have had some sort of love show within their lives. I think that we as humans would not have put them on these pedestals before the great fall if they hadn't shown some love to their society. I believe that most people that have gotten to any real stature have shown some love to the masses that has warranted this level of leadership. Unfortunately there are those that have risen under false pretenses or have fallen from 'grace' do to this abundance of power. That does not lessen the fact that they are human and deserve the love of another.

Absolute power corrupts... absolutely... no doubt.

My feelings are that all that is going on in the world is because of our hate towards one another and that if we want to really stop all the bad in the world we have to learn to love again. Love really does make the world go around. It will keep going around as long as we have it. If it stops it will be due to us destroying it with whatever type of destructive device we have in the name of love.

This is the type of love I'm not familiar with and I really don't want anyone I know to profess to me. I profess that I love you all and that I wouldn't do anything to you because of anything you or anyone might say. This to me is the true love.

I wish you all the best in the coming years everyone and send my love to all of you... even the ones who don't want to take it because they'd feel funny about accepting love from a total stranger.

I LOVE YOU!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Wo ai ni men!

Ai shi yi qie!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Star for you! Awesome literature. Kinda touching that there are some "normal" people in the world. I completely agree. It's very unfortunate that anytime you say "I love you", your either labeled as a homo (if said to another man) or are just labeled as weird. It took awhile, but I finally have my brother accepting the fact that I do love him, and that's how I will end every conversation with him (which is the way it should be imo). But, try saying that to anyone that you don't know, and you get strange looks. We are all human, so why not have love towards your bretheren. We are a beautiful species, along with alot more that have graced our wonderful planet, so I say, continue the love.

Love you too!

Peace!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

Hey, I love you too, man

You are not gonna get my Bud Light though

Atheist, you say ?

New born I see...

Welcome to the club. I been one all my life.

John Lennon said it and it's worth repeating:

LOVE is ALL you need

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Love is not an absolute. There is no one singular definition. It is many different things to many different people. It is the ultimate emotion, for it is the only one that encompasses all other emotions. Love is good, bad and a little bit of both. Love is joy and love is anger. Love is admiration and jealousy. Love is hate.

Because love is all these things, it can never be measured accurately or analyzed subjectively.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

I see love as being shown to be measured daily by our actions towards others... Treating others with the same respect as you would have them do to you is the ultimate way to say I love you to another human being.... It doesn't have to be mooshy and all lovey-dovey to be love, just simple respect..

Rgds

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thank you for your replies...

I only want people to think of the others that share the earth with them. You must think of them as separate and not as a group representing any religion or political side. Thinking of them as individuals will lead you to understand that this is an person with a family much like your own. A mother, father, brother, sister, wife, children, friends etc... This individual now has many that love them and any action against this person will result in you affecting these loved ones as well.

When the tragedy of 9/11 occurred, the world lost over 3000 people. This not only affected those that lost their lives, it affected families and friends also, as well as those that assisted with the recovery and clean up of this act. Most importantly, it affected millions of people around the world that mourned for those that perished in this selfish act of hate. The world came together for a moment and cried and shed many tears of love for many fallen people that had never been known to them..... This is love.

If your looking for peace, make sure you show some love to let them know its not war you want.

Peace and Love to All

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

i love you too

wZn

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5
Star I completely agree. It's very unfortunate that anytime you say "I love you", your either labeled as a homo (if said to another man) or are just labeled as weird.

Peace!

I think this barrier has been broken down quite a bit. There are bad things in society today, but we have also made a lot of progress in acceptance.

I think the days of stoic non emotional men are gonna quickly be behind us. Now we have "metorsexuals" who are allowed to admire clothes, cry in public, and tell another male that they care about them without feeling insecurity or being belittled. And still can be considered straight. They are now allowed to be nurturing involved fathers. I consider it progress in men's rights. And I think it is the most wonderful thing ever.
Being allowed to express yourself is freedom at its best.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Love can be generated by freaks using mind control, so what is real love. Doubt anyone in the futre will ever experience it.

Ignorance helps these people so much, does it not.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

There are more nefarious uses of mind control than this, and I do believe that your reference would lead me to believe that a mind controller would be using this for sexual love, which really isn't love at all. Coupled with love, sex is wonderful when with the right person.

We live and learn... sometimes it takes up to 46yrs to actually find the truth when its staring us right in the face.

Rgds

[edit on 2-4-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Te amo

Ti amo

Je t'aime

Kocham cie

Ich liebe Dich

Kimi o ai shteru

Ani ohev at

Wo ie ni

Ana Behibek

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Love can be generated by freaks using mind control, so what is real love. Doubt anyone in the futre will ever experience it.

Ignorance helps these people so much, does it not.

I think the OP described it very well.

As far as people in the future, we can't say, but in the now it is available it is viable and it is real.

Embrace it!

Love your fellow man, Love he/she who reaches out and acknowledges you as a human being worthy of love just because of the inherent value of being a living breathing life form.

Don't miss the beauty of today by worrying about tomorrow!

Alltied...............An awesome message, for those who have ears to hear........

Edit to add:

I love you too!

My love for you is not contained by preconceived entrapments either. I am free to love and for that I am grateful. Separates the beings and their abilities, if you can love and feel love of others it is a wonderful thing, it makes the heart warm, the endorphins flow and the vibratory level rises!

[edit on 2-4-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know that in so many languages.

Love to You also...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I love you too my friend. Life is too short to go around feeling anything less.

Love and light,

wupy

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thank you. I love you too.

I am a Christan and it is my belief that we should love all people no matter what their faith is and no matter how heinous their sin may be.

You've heard it I'm sure....Love the sinner hate the sin.

Much love and light to you.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Thank You so much InterestedAlways... You are so very kind... I think those that hear it may be scared to respond and actually say the words. I think it is difficult for some to illicit such a response to someone unless they know them. Part of our social conditioning I guess. I just hope that some are seeing the message at least.

As I told you earlier, I had my heart warmed very recently and I'd like to thank you for your inspiration.

Love to You IA
ATT

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thank you Nixie for your reply..

I hope that it is not OK to say I love you to the same sex only because of men's rights, and our ability to think that men can say this to another. I hope its because we really know we are all created equal, born from a mother that aids us in the beginning of this life. If lucky enough, to have that mother nurture you and bring you up into a smart thinking rational human being, knowing that it was perfectly OK to tell another creature of your world that you love them and not be placed into a stereotypical chasm that never ends.

Our freedoms of expression are dwindling fast. Its now forbidden for teachers to accept hugs from students... This is shameful...

Peace and Love to You
Rgds

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Just want people to see the message... One of the more positive messages on the board right now... Most seem to be extremely negative and thought some nice words may bring the soul a glow. Unable to see how many views this has been getting.

Hopefully though the words may not inspire a response, the words may resonate with your senses and you may feel a little of what I'm talking about...

Peace and Love to You all
ATT

top topics

<<   2 >>

join