It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MRI's -- a few questions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
With having MS, I get mri's on an annual basis. So far, Ive had 9 in my life. I am extremely sensitive to going in the tube as far as anxiety is concerned. I dont have claustrophobia either. I always get panick attacks midway and feel like im going to freak out. It is really hard to stay still for 45 minutes... I hate MRI's

Ah yes, always good to take a good dose of valium before getting in one, or I can not do it at all!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I have had many and always feel heat when they do it. Very uncomfortable.

Maybe I am just strange. When ever I have a cat scan of the head, when it goes over my eyes, I see purple rings, bright flash, and get strange smell.
Every single time. Only explanation I have been given is that it dilates the optic nerve in some people. No idea, but I hate em!

Could you explain the ring(s) and flash? I would appreciate this, thanks.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
What I found funniest of all was being given a set of headphones to listen to a choice of music - how anyone could hear anything beyond the ridiculously loud Thump Thump Thump of the MRI machine was beyond me.
Found the whole thing quite uncomfortable but no long term effects from it...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I have had several MRI's and Catscans so the docters could check the progress of my neck fusion..

While I can say that it is a rather eerie feeling to be in that tube for the first time, you tend to get over it after a few years of imaging.. I am at the point now where i can put the earplugs in and nod out for the series...

Now that being said, I have had a completely differant experience when they used "contrast" .
Contrast is a "dye" they inject into your bloodstream to help the imaging process become more clear helping the lab techs read it. Every single time I have had the "dye" I have experienced head aches and with out a better way to explain it simply felt ODD .

I would recommend talking to your physician about this Dye before allowing anyone to inject you with it. And that means when he first tells you hes ordering it YOU BRING IT UP, he wont be at the imaging center to discuss it with when you are having your series done..I now refuse it. You will not know they are planning on doing it to you (unless you ask your docter about it beforehand) until they try to make you sign the RELEASE FORM.

~meathead

edit on 13-9-2010 by Mike Stivic because: switched process to progress

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I have to have an MRI scan in a couple of weeks because I suffer from "mini strokes" and I'm pooping my panties.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Fuggle

I have a rather long history of back problems, beginning with Pars Defect, which I was born with. My back was broken for the first time when I was but 15, so I have a long period of X-Rays and MRIs. They do make you feel different. One time, I had a full body MRI that lasted for 45 minutes, back and forth in the machine. When I got out of that thing, I was actually slipping into several different dimensions, and was walking on air. I could see a lot of things and beings that most never can see, no matter how much they believe in, or try to see through ritual. There is something distinctly alien about the MRI process, and I think the original technology may have come from an ET source. In any case, it was quite an experience, to be certain. Alas, I now have 3 1/2 ounces of metal in my back now, so another MRI is out of the question for me. Sure would love that experience again though!

... i have to go for an MRI for my back in a few months... i knew it wasnt fun, but now im really not looking forward to it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join