It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nations will fail, UN chief warns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Nations will fail, UN chief warns

www.news.com.au

UN chief Ban Ki-moon has warned that failing to act to halt the global economic crisis could lead to widespread social unrest and failed states, ahead of the G20 crisis summit in London.
"What began as a financial crisis has become a global economic crisis,'' the UN secretary general wrote in an article in today's Guardian newspaper in Britain.

"I fear worse to come -- a full-blown political crisis defined by growing social unrest, weakened governments and angry publics who have lost all faith in their leaders and their own future.''

He said the global economic downturn affected the poorest countries the most, and noted that in these countries "things fall apart alarmingly fast''.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
First we have the Greek riots but they died down. But now we are about to witness what could potentially be a very tumultous mass demonstrations with the G20 summits. Could it be that Ban Ki-Moon has some truth to his words and we are at the dawn of wider protests and greater social unrest?

I have a funny feeling that it will get worse. Just yesterday they were saying that over the next two years, 1 in 10 Australian will lose their job - and that's in an economy which has fared better than most so far. Hate to see what's on the horizon.

I hope that here on ATS we will start reporting on social unrest and demonstrations which the media will invariably refuse to cover.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have felt it, we all sense it. Why do you think some people are constantly engaging in panic-sex? The end in nigh.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 04326

What could "potentially" be mass tumultuous events at the G20 summit.

Good stuff with the OP, but afraid to tell you, STUFF has hit the fan in London.

Officially.

And it is only going to get worse. Tomorrow will be a day to watch carefully.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 04326

"I fear worse to come -- a full-blown political crisis defined by growing social unrest, weakened governments and angry publics who have lost all faith in their leaders and their own future.''

A bit late there buddy. The public is gradually losing all faith to leaders and things will not look all peachy for a looooong time.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

the stuff may have hit the fan in london but with economies going down in eastern europe - things may be a bit more sensitive during unrest.

I wonder if this economic crises in a platform to set up a new world order - the same nwo that they have been harping on about in the papers over the last six months. before it was all hidden but i have heard the words nwo and 'shadow banking system' being used so frequently in the msm of all places lately that its not even funny.

although one can only speculate about how bad things will get - i just hope i don't get to find out first hand anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
They'll never win.

Won't happen. One reason, and this is their biggest shortcoming... They never figured out just how they would close the deal.

I mean, you can't get people so pissed off that they accept global domination.

The only way to get it to work is to make the people feel hopeless. I think they have vastly underestimated the average person.

They simply don't know with their harvard educations. They have led a life of priveledge. They don't truly KNOW how hearty and adaptive people can be. Nobody will EVER bend to their will of a world government. Won't happen...

The only way they could make it work is by simply bombing, bombing, false flag, false flag, bioterrrorism, bioterrorism, etc, etc...
They can't do that though. Why? Becuase then people would ask them why they aren't stopping it and overthrow them!

Won't work. Dead in the water.

They know it and they are AFRAID!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Revolution is a good thing time to time. It lets the people get rid of the trash politicians that are ruining their lives and their country. As here in America, we are built upon revolution and over throwing oppressive governments. Who ever thought that our government would be one over the government oppressing people economically and politically.

[edit on 4/1/2009 by bigvig316]

new topics

top topics

join