It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Bold Move, RNC Replaces Steele with Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
One of my favorite quotes is from Ben Franklin when asked after the constitutional convention what type of government was set up he responded:

"A Republic....if you can keep it"

If we can keep it!

He meant that it was up to us, the people, to make sure that the government obeyed the law and that law is the Constitution!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the power retention apparatus of both political parties is not only targeted to reward those that tow the party line, but to corrupt in coming freshmen. (Remember the ‘Contract with America Republican freshmen?) So deep are the roots of corrupting influence, so well thought out the tentacles of those that fund the corruption, this appears to no longer be addressable by the ballot box. However, the Tea Party movement will point to the conclusion of this matter. Let us pray.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
Unfortunately, the power retention apparatus of both political parties is not only targeted to reward those that tow the party line, but to corrupt in coming freshmen. (Remember the ‘Contract with America Republican freshmen?) So deep are the roots of corrupting influence, so well thought out the tentacles of those that fund the corruption, this appears to no longer be addressable by the ballot box. However, the Tea Party movement will point to the conclusion of this matter. Let us pray.

I appreciate you and the mode your in...

However HOW on Earth does America address the tentacles that are of the private sector?

There is no correlation between the freedom you are referring 2 and the will of a board made up of 3 iranians/1 french/ 2 mexicans and a hand full of yanks. Industry has been advocating their own prosperity which does not INCLUDE the United States of America-

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Would your NEW AMERICA address the incomparable influence executed by corporate influences? Would the new freedom allow for the same abuses? How would it prevent that? You see I fear this revolution would allow for a tyranny you can't vote out...

Well, those are fair questions, to be sure. First of all, Ron Paul would eliminate the Federal Reserve. He would also eliminate fiat currency, and replace it with a commodity standard, either gold, or a combination of precious elements. That would eliminate much of the fraud with the monetary system. As for the abuses, what system would prevent them- short of eliminating all forms of commerce? You last line, however, I do not understand. I don't see how returning to the original Constitution and Bill of Rights would "allow for a tyranny that you can't vote out".

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Most assuredly not; the only reason we have the problems we do today with their corrupting influence is that the ‘stone wall’ of the separation of powers safeguard was dismantled due to the precedents set by Roosevelt and others; this allowed the travesty of constitutional governance we are afflicted with today. In the name of ‘good intentions’ we have arrived at this crucial point; returning to strict constitutionalism will save us from this good intentioned hell.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Would your NEW AMERICA address the incomparable influence executed by corporate influences? Would the new freedom allow for the same abuses? How would it prevent that? You see I fear this revolution would allow for a tyranny you can't vote out...

Well, those are fair questions, to be sure. First of all, Ron Paul would eliminate the Federal Reserve. He would also eliminate fiat currency, and replace it with a commodity standard, either gold, or a combination of precious elements. That would eliminate much of the fraud with the monetary system. As for the abuses, what system would prevent them- short of eliminating all forms of commerce? You last line, however, I do not understand. I don't see how returning to the original Constitution and Bill of Rights would "allow for a tyranny that you can't vote out".

I could go for the elimination of the FED - not a peep out of me on the.

However during the time of the constitutions genesis there were not American entities that were worth the entire GDP of nations, entities that crossed tens of boarders comprised of Multi nationals etc... FOR example AIG insures trillions of $$$$'s in assets
and is thusly entangled in the affairs and well being of half of the Earths sovereignty, I mean do you see the problem in that?

Then couple that with the Modern standard operating procedure of the markets - hell the modern American art of money making...

I mean does the constitution in plain view dis engage the level of power that these entities - ELITES wield? Because if not it will be business as usual, the current bias and abuse of the system was planned, executed and did ARISE from a CONSTITUTIONAL AMERICA- at some point in time...

What would make this go different? There is a popular shift to CONSTITUTIONAL concepts but I see little to address other key consideration, which could better ensure a
level of success and lasting transformation.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas

Most assuredly not; the only reason we have the problems we do today with their corrupting influence is that the ‘stone wall’ of the separation of powers safeguard was dismantled due to the precedents set by Roosevelt and others; this allowed the travesty of constitutional governance we are afflicted with today. In the name of ‘good intentions’ we have arrived at this crucial point; returning to strict constitutionalism will save us from this good intentioned hell.

Give me examples of this dismantling of powers and boarders in government?
DO you mean social services, SSI and the like???
Please elaborate

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is a sick April Fools joke man just plain sick..... With that being said someone on the first pages mentioned Hannity and Oreilly and I just have to say guy your out of your mind. Hannity & Oreilly have a Neo Con mindset they are not Republicans which is why they dont give RP the time of day and probably never will even if we were to get him nominated in 2012. I think Ron Paul has woken up as many neo cons as he can. I think he needs to focus on the Democrats now who still think the Democrats stand for civil liberties, bring the troops home, etc etc. Some people are just hard core Liberal or Neo Con and you just wont wake them up. They have some warped view on the world and thats just how it is. They are free to feel that way.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Please forgive my taking so long to respond to your questions, but to do them justice required time I did not have last night. Further, I was starting to fall asleep at the switch, as it were. I also wished to allow adequate time for the Professor to respond if he so desired, as I do not want to appear as if attempting to hijack his thread. Be that as it may, by his leave I will attempt to answer your erudite and thoughtful questions.

First fellow Patriot let me point out that I do not see any peaceful resolution at this juncture in our national destiny. I am of the opinion through years of personal experience and observation that the only NATURAL answer to our collective problem is the third box in American politics. The powers that be have called good evil and evil good; having thus rewritten the terms of political debate so effectively that frustration of the less well informed will have no other outlet BUT violence, when they awake to find the truth of the reality they will soon be confronted with.

These are the vast quiet majority of the working people of America, that may have caught some of the politically staged events, and on the basis of the ‘feel good’ reporting of most of the press voted for a man they were led to believed was a moderate who would change the atmosphere in Washington; bringing ‘transparent’ and accountable government. Betrayal is a bitter pill that Americans historically do not sit still for.

WHEN they awake to find that their electric, gas, heating oil and everything else has substantially increased in price due to the ‘cap and trade' carbon tax, when they are faced with a ‘semi-auto’ weapon ban and confiscation; when they find that the Federal Government is taking over private businesses; when they understand that our Federal Reserve and economic system is being run by the United Nation’s IMF and when they realize that the whole infrastructure of the United States has been socialized, their wrath will be terrible. That day is coming soon.

Once the Second American Revolution has taken place, we will have no choice but to return to the agrarian based economic structure of the pre-1930 American economy, due to the disruption and destruction caused by revolution. This in itself will go along way to insuring that the corrupting influences of multinational corporations are broken. Our return to a gold based constitutional currency standard after the Fed is burned to the ground, will be the final roadblock to the manipulation of our economic system.

The restoration of constitutional checks and balances will end the ‘mob rule’ tyranny of the majority and their manipulation to enforce whatever political correct crusade the powers that be currently suggest in their attempts to divide and conquer. Trials of the treasonous public officials that brought us to this point will serve to be instructional for other would be despots.

The key being that we will return to the Republic that we were given; the beauty and divinely guided genius of our Constitution’s framers is its’ built in ‘self-righting’ mechanisms that we see beginning even now with the national ‘Tea Party’ fervor. The road will be tough, but this Union shall stand. LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

You @*!#@#*#@!! I thought this was serious. You know, April Fools should be outlawed. Seriously. Right now I don't think it is damn funny the situation we are in. Then again, what this world needs right now is a damn good laugh. Maybe I can laugh at this after I let the anger cool off a bit. Damn it.

Yes, it may have made a difference only in that his words would be heard by the masses instead of by those that simply look for it like us. That would be the biggest thing to come of this.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

With that being said someone on the first pages mentioned Hannity and Oreilly and I just have to say guy your out of your mind. Hannity & Oreilly have a Neo Con mindset they are not Republicans which is why they dont give RP the time of day and probably never will even if we were to get him nominated in 2012.

I'm the one who mentioned them...and I agree completely with you. They both ridiculed Ron Paul during the primaries because of what he was saying about the Iraq war and US foreign policy.

Paul was the only Rep candidate that was against the war.

That just eats up hannity...imo opinion he's far worse than o'reilly.

Hannity is a disgrace of a human being.

If anyone on Fox news had thrown some support behind Ron Paul things may have been different right now.

Instead everything is in total chaos.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by mybigunit

With that being said someone on the first pages mentioned Hannity and Oreilly and I just have to say guy your out of your mind. Hannity & Oreilly have a Neo Con mindset they are not Republicans which is why they dont give RP the time of day and probably never will even if we were to get him nominated in 2012.

I'm the one who mentioned them...and I agree completely with you. They both ridiculed Ron Paul during the primaries because of what he was saying about the Iraq war and US foreign policy.

Paul was the only Rep candidate that was against the war.

That just eats up hannity...imo opinion he's far worse than o'reilly.

Hannity is a disgrace of a human being.

If anyone on Fox news had thrown some support behind Ron Paul things may have been different right now.

Instead everything is in total chaos.

I think the thing that frustrates me with you D - is the fact that you want the truth,however it appears that you obtain all your information from one source that has a particular agenda.
NPR
BBC
Cspan
and PBS stations are real news outlets

I suspect you enjoy the angry rally...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

NPR BBC Cspan and PBS stations are real news outlets

Come on now, MM, you don't think that they are any less biased than Fox or MSNBC, do you? They ALL have an agenda. There is no such thing as an unbiased media. They all report that which favors them, and ignore the facts that fly in the face of what they believe.
In fact, NPR admits it is liberally biased:
findarticles.com...

NPR admits a liberal bias

Taxpayers Subsidize Public Broadcasting's Biased News Coverage

National Public Radio is properly understood, even by the media, as radio by and for liberals, not the general public. As Washington Post media reporter Howard Kurtz puts it, the media landscape stretches "from those who cheer Fox to those who swear by NPR."

The only ones who seem not to know that the left has a massive, taxpayer-funded radio network of 700 affiliates are the liberals trying to sell investors on their own private-sector talk-radio network.

Last week, NPR's own official ombudsman, Jeffrey Dvorkin, admitted a liberal bias in NPR's talk programming. The daily program "Fresh Air with Terry Gross"-a 60-minute talk show about the arts, literature and also politics-airs on 378 public-radio stations across the fruited plain.
Gross recently became a hot topic on journalism Web sites for first having a friendly, giggly interview with "satirist" Al Franken, promoting his obnoxious screed against conservatives on September 3, and then on October 8, unloading an accusatory, hostile interview on Bill O'Reilly's show. She pressed the Fox host to respond to the obnoxious attacks of Franken and other critics.The news reports on NPR should be cause for greater public concern. ..Under the guise of "objective news" reporting, the left is actively advancing its political agenda.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

However during the time of the constitutions genesis there were not American entities that were worth the entire GDP of nations, entities that crossed tens of boarders comprised of Multi nationals etc...

FOR example AIG insures trillions of $$$$'s in assets and is thusly entangled in the affairs and well being of half of the Earths sovereignty, I mean do you see the problem in that?

In fact, I see the problem quite clearly. AIG and others have insured trillions in fiat-dictated "wealth". This "wealth" is nothing more than worthless paper,with nothing backing it up. It is the equivalent of monopoly money. You start running low on money in monopoly, so you just pull out your handy-dandy portable printing press and print up a few thousand, or million or trillion. In reality, it means nothing. Other than those that have lost their houses(and for the most part, those were people that gambled on an ever-increasing home value and income), what most people lost was on paper. You can't turn that paper in for gold, or any true backed commodity.

If there had been no fed, and no ability to increase debt with the vote of a few crooks in Congress, and TWO complicit, incompetent, and crooked Presidents, you wouldn't have the problem we have now.

The fiat system must end, the independent federal reserve must be abolished, and a commodity backed monetary system must be instituted. If not, you can roll out the pictures of Germans in the 1930's with their wheel barrels full of marks buying a loaf of bread, and re-caption them to 2009 America. Those pictures will do.
Any REAL economist worth their salt will tell you that. The impostors posing as economists in the Administration of Bush AND Obama are not economists. They are just corporate CROOKS in economists' clothing.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
As great as that'd be, i really do love Ron Paul,

The RNC would not do this because it'd open them up to racist accusations.

The RNC has lost their intelligence for a long time, but they aren't that dumb quite yet.

Ron Paul could bring it back, but compared to modern RNC ideology, Ron Paul is more libertarian or green party.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Seriously?

Republicans aren't already called racists?

Why would this change it?

I've heard this before...why do people think he is racist?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Ron Paul was against 'racial' quotas and affirmative action on a Constitutional basis. While he was right that these policies were unconstitutional, the politically correct never like being confused with the facts. Once again, a prime example of the tyranny of the majority over the minority with ‘feel good’ policies that set the precedent for the continuing abridgement of the Constitution

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Fremd

Seriously?

Republicans aren't already called racists?

Why would this change it?

I've heard this before...why do people think he is racist?

No, my point was replacing a black man with a white man.

And yes, Republicans are already called racists, however, replacing a black man with a white man would certainly do more harm than good in defeating that notion, dont you think?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ron Paul would be great, although I have recently come to believe that he is so honest it is just too much for most people to handle. They are used to the lies...

Ron Paul in Congress on 04-01-2009,

"And let me just close by saying the greatest danger I see right now is the placing of the blame for the crisis that we're in is that we had too much freedom, too much capitalism, not enough regulation. And they did this in the 1930s. They are doing it even more now.

"Instead of saying that we overspent, overtaxed, overregulated, we have lost our confidence. And if we don't change that attitude and if we accept this notion, accept international regulation, believe me, we're in big trouble. We will lose our freedom, and we will lose our sovereignty as well."
--Ron Paul

Great Post, wish it was true!

[edit on 3-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks for posting Ron Paul's remarks from 4/1/2009. He truly is a modern day great American hero.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join