It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Bold Move, RNC Replaces Steele with Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

conservativehq.com

Written by CHQ Staff on April 01, 2009, 05:13 PM
In a bold move to regain confidence among their conservative base, the Republican National Committee has replaced Chairman Michael Steele with GOP Congressman Ron Paul.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well, It certainly would be interesting, if that happened. When I first saw this article, I was taken aback. Then I realized that
today is April 1st. However, it might be interesting to read the rest of the article anyway. Do you think Ron Paul would be the person who could bring the Republican Party back to its real roots? Personally, I believe that the way people react to this article without giving it a second thought, is very telling. For instance, how do you think a Dick Cheney or George Bush would react to such an article if it were not April 1st? Would they be shocked, and why? How would a die-hard Obama supporter react to such an article? Would they be incredulous, or be very concerned about 2012? I think the answers might be very revealing.

conservativehq.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the only one who can save the Republican Party.

The rest of them are the same BS we've had the last 8 years...well most of them.

And quite frankly I don't know why they won't do it....oh wait...I forgot..Ron Paul isn't bought and actually wants to DECREASE government.

Silly me!

Thanks for the post.

I wish it was real.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Another thing is that Ron Paul would wow people with his knowledge of monetary policy...Hannity and O'Reilly would be forced to give him airtime.

And we all know how they feel about RP.

Oh and check this out if you haven't yet...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-4-2009 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Good Evening David. Thanks for the posts. I have to admit, when I first saw this, I thought-wow, maybe they came to their senses. Then I saw the second paragraph, and realized that it was too good to be true. Imagine if it were true- we might actually have a President that we could trust in 2012. Oh well, I guess we can dream.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
God, IF ONLY. I would have to start going back to church if this were true. I said it during the elections and it still stands, giving Ron Paul the mic would turn the democrats into stammering fools tripping over their words in rebuttal.

Of course, he would do the same thing to the Republicans lol

*sigh* At least it was real for about 30 seconds, I almost woke everyone up to tell them

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Imagine if it were true- we might actually have a President that we could trust in 2012.

It would be crazy right?

Having a President trying to keep our freedoms and Constitutional rights. A President who wants to end the thievery of the Federal Reserve. A president who wants to drastically diminish the power of the federal government and give the states their rights as given to them under the Constitution.

The sad thing is...what is this country going to look like then? I can only imagine.

As soon as we are under control of international law....the Constitution will be gone.

The sovereignty of our country is at risk.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Isn't it amazing that he could be the answer to our problems? Sometimes, the solution is sitting right in front of us, but the MSM refuses to see it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I personally believe BOTH political parties are beyond hope when the leading members of each continue to propose and back legislation that is unconstitutional at best, treasonous at worse; I mean give me a break, THE PATRIOT ACT! The oxymoronic stupidity of the title given this piece of legislation, along with NAFTA and other such exemplary examples of the trashing of the Constitution, are proof of the duplicity of the Republican Party in the rush towards global fascism.

Unfortunately, for the United States, strict constitutionalists like Ron Paul will not be allowed to achieve nationally powerful office. That is until we have the Second American Revolution. Not that I am overly pessimistic as a strict constitutionalist myself, it is just that I can read the proverbial handwriting on the wall. These United States are in for the refiner’s fire.

Long live this Republic.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Love RP

But this is an act of dying pachyderm - the ultimate lipstick on a pig maneuver...

GOOD LUCK - they party shills might have to neuter RP when his agenda strays which would prove DISASTROUS to the GOP.

Imagine having to cut RP...

BOLD MOVES - smarter then Goddess Sarah, yet very bold.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If only this were true, then I'd once again have confidence in our governmental future. Hopefully Rand Paul catches fire in his political career, Ron Paul is one of the few non-hypocritical members of Congress.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
If only this were true, then I'd once again have confidence in our governmental future. Hopefully Rand Paul catches fire in his political career, Ron Paul is one of the few non-hypocritical members of Congress.

Hanging around some of them GOPERS and RP might get fire... somewhere.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This is what's sad.

One politician out there that I can support..

ONE.

That's the problem.

We can't trust anyone.

They all flip flop..they all lie...none of them follow the rules of the very piece of paper they are supposed to protect.

He is the only one with an actual idea of getting us out of this mess. No one else has a clue.

Republicans came out with a new budget...yeah..there were tax cuts in it and less of a Deficit....but the fact is there was STILL A DEFICIT. There plan was "trillions" less.

Is taht how it is now? We just talk in trillions? They throw the word "trillion" around now like it's nothing.

We are screwed for as long as we are at war....and we aren't leaving Iraq or Afghanistan tomorrow. Hell we are now looking at Pakistan!

How in the world are supposed to pay for all of this? We can't. It's not possible.

If we would just go back to how things were meant to be...states could ratify their own social programs...their own tax policies...people WOULD HAVE CHOICES....and the federal government would be the one to punish and actually JAIL those who took advantage of the system or had grown corrupt.

The federal governments power to start and fund war would be dramatically lessened.

It's such a mess.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well, the Tree of Liberty must need some 'water', its been too long apparently.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Honestly, with all this talk of revolution going around and absolutely no talk of what to do after said revolution Ron Paul could be our Thomas Jefferson.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Amen. What to do afterwards is a total return to the Constitution and The Bill of Rights - MINUS any freedom abridging amendments; i.e. if what your doing does not adversely effect me or mine, its none of my business. No one should be able to legislate away the rights of those he intellectually disagrees with just because they are a part of the ‘minority’, period.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
No one should be able to legislate away the rights of those he intellectually disagrees with just because they are a part of the ‘minority’, period.

And there in lies our problem, our nation was founded as a Republic, a country ruled by law, a country in which everyone, rich and poor, powerful and voiceless, all MUST obey the law. Even legislation must obey the law and the constitution is the supreme law restricting the power of the government.

They've convinced us that we live in a Democracy, which is rule by majority, a completely different type of nation and political theory. People have been convinced that as long as most people want something then it's somehow legal. This is not America.

Ron Paul knows this.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Do not be so pessimistic Patriot (I know it is hard, as I have fought it also), we will restore this Republic because of men like Ron Paul and numerous other ‘Paul Reveres’ screaming at every opportunity of this evil fascist power grab. The American people are awaking.

[edit on 4/1/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Amen. What to do afterwards is a total return to the Constitution and The Bill of Rights - MINUS any freedom abridging amendments;

You've hit the nail on the head. That is what this country was founded upon, it was good enough for our Founding Fathers, and no nation has ever improved upon that. Now, however, it is being destroyed by self-serving interests, and crooks gone wild with power. It is time for a RESET all right- reset to the origins of this country's roots. It's time to throw the bums out of power.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by SGTChas

Amen. What to do afterwards is a total return to the Constitution and The Bill of Rights - MINUS any freedom abridging amendments;

You've hit the nail on the head. That is what this country was founded upon, it was good enough for our Founding Fathers, and no nation has ever improved upon that. Now, however, it is being destroyed by self-serving interests, and crooks gone wild with power. It is time for a RESET all right- reset to the origins of this country's roots. It's time to throw the bums out of power.

Would your NEW AMERICA address the incomparable influence executed by corporate influences?

Would the new freedom allow for the same abuses? How would it prevent that?

You see I fear this revolution would allow for a tyranny you can't vote out...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join