It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Give Queen a IPOD

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think if I was going to buy anything for the Queen...the last thing on my list would be an Ipod. I cant imagine the conversation in Buck Palace tonight.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

exactly and seeing as this guy said he respected the queen and admired her as a figure of justice, giving her a ipod is disgusting.. i do think a signed photo of him and his wife in a nice silver frame would of been better i am quite disguted at this..

seeing as the bloody line of queens and kings of England created a vast empire which benefited the world especially the United States he could show a lot more class and respect.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sorryif someone commented like this previously. But, what? No DVD's?

I have no idea what the POTUS should give to a queen, but this IPOD just seems like a worthless trinket to me for a wealthy queen. As for its content, heck, he could have emailed that to her using usendit.com.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

I can probably Princes Charles,Harry and William laughing

then Duke of Edinburgh will fart,laugh and say "Those bloody yanks!"

then the Queen will wrinkle her nose and say "One is not amused"

[edit on 14/01/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I really thought he would have learned his lesson last time with Brown, and given the Queen 4 chrome 24 inch rims for her Q-ride. Much better deal IMO than an Ipod.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Terces Pot Evoba

lol the constitution perhaps?

but seriously perhaps an original emblem of the old British Empire's colonies which has been restored to former gold glory that would be thoughtful to give a piece of history back to us.

or...

A sword of honour with the queens name engraved on it with the British Crown emblem as the hilt of the blade?

things like that are respectful

not a bloody ipod..

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hmmmm, so then if he has this anger at England for past slavery issues, I guess that explaines why he's destroying this country from within. Trillions here trillions there with being in office for only a few months.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hope it came with a British electrical plug .... !! Probably didn't though, did it ? That'd involve too much thought.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d489e8654507.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

"A sword of honour with the queens name engraved on it with the British Crown emblem as the hilt of the blade? "

He also could've went for fine crystal. Something that takes a little though instead of a trip to walmart. But a freaking ipod? How much longer do we have to put up with this classless boob? An ipod to the Queen of England?! You give ipods to your family, maybe close friends. Not the Queen!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here is the Queen of England a Country that gave us the Beatles/Rolling Stones/the Who/the Kinks/Jeff Beck/Led Zeppelin ect...& he gives her an Ipod
Heres the country that virtually reinvented music after we pissed upon the folks that invented it over here in the States (Muddy Waters/Robert Johnson/Little Richard/Chuck Berry & this low college pudding head gives the Queen an Ipod
Lets hope it was full of the great music that we as a racist nation in the early part of the 20th century white washed. I'll just be damned.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Jeez don't you guys get it,he's trying to tell her,this is the future we don't need you anymore,monarchies are so old and uncool and she replies by saying F@#% you,take this photo,it means im a reptilian and im gonna live forever!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It's just a horrible,classless,tacky gift as I see it,LOL!

Like her or not,she's the Queen of England and honestly,he represents us as if we're all a bunch of tasteless thugs.

Wonder if her included any of those shirtless "Hawaii" pics on it?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hari Seldon
reply to post by centurion1211

Just a detail; a detail that doesn't matter to the main point. DVD players do not have to be compatible with each other. DVDs, on the other hand, do have to be compatible with DVD players. Again, region-free DVDs, DVDs that are compatible with any player, do exist.

Next time post the source backing up your statements, and relieve your audience of making any perceptual mistakes. Not that I made any such mistake, I said, "probably...".

Continue making Obama look good!

Major

The source is clearly in my post.

Next time read the whole post and the attached article.

And a detail yes, but a key detail to show that obama and his minions (including you?) don't have a clue on how to deal with either allies or adversaries.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Probably the only thing stranger than this is that there is still a Queen. Seriously. Do people still demean themselves by bowing before Her?

The whole concept of Royalty and the special treatment they receive is a slap in the face to all people. No person is better than another. No person should ever bow to another. If the Queen can not walk up and shake another person's hand as an equal, she should be ignored and scorned.

I don't understand the Soap Opera Crowd who still foam at the mouth over Royalty. It is an insult to anyone who died fighting for freedom from oppression of a Ruling Class.

Sorry, but its how I feel and he should have given her Kentucky Ham or a Popeil Pocket Fisherman; now that is American.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

This is the silliest argument I have read in a long while.
Must be too much coffee?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
this is news?

whats wrong with you people.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
He also gave her a signed copy of a Rogers and Hammerstein songbook, apparently she is a big fan of Oklahoma and other musicals.
That seems to me to be a very thoughtful gift.

And an Ipod Loaded with pictures of her visit to America is a nice gesture in my opinion, although I do agree that one of those digital frames would have been better.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

lmfao that made me chuckle! the queen will enjoy that hahaha or just pass them to Zara

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

And that's your opinion, but she is OUR Queen, not yours. It is not the person we submit to, but the institution, the history and the connection with our long and glorious past that she (or he) represents.

One could say the same about the bubble that all US presidents live in, how they are so far out of touch with the common man, blah blah blah, but your system of Government is up to you, is it not?

You stay in Alaska, electing inbreds like Palin as your leaders, and we'll stick with our inbreds in Buck palace.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I thought one of those Barrack Obama collector plates would have been a more suiting gift. Those things were flying of the shelves hear a couple months ago, lol.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join