It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does ct scan reveal Nerfertiti's real face?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A ct scan of the famed bust of nefertiti reveals that under the stucco outer surface there is a face that is slightly different.

news.aol.com...

Did the ancient artsist "airbrush" the original stone carving to make the queen more "beautiful"?

Fascinating stuff indeed.

I highly recommend going through the photo galeries of ancient finds and ancient humans, there have been some truely amazing finds in the last couple of years.

A couple of examples the 1.3 million year old homonid jaw found in spain,

the find of the tooth of a carcaradon megalodon , giant shark, found in the great lakes region.
a human had to drop it but was it a modern human who lost a souvinere or did an ancient human find it and lose it? huh

or the 40k year old stone tools found in australia.

enjoy

[edit on 1-4-2009 by punkinworks09]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks09
A ct scan of the famed bust of nefertiti reveals that under the stucco outer surface there is a face that is slightly different.

news.aol.com...

Did the ancient artsist "airbrush" the original stone carving to make the queen more "beautiful"?

Neffertiti`s husband ,Pharaoh Akhenaten , ushered in a new era of realism in Egyptian Art .
His wifes support for this shift of perspective ......... obviously didn`t extend to depictions of her own image .

Pity about that lazy eye, otherwise shes quite a .. looker .

I must have a ramble through those photos .sounds intriguing. punkinworks09

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think it may have been a reworking of an official portrait that was made when she was in her 40's. It may have been a favorite of someone's, but when they decided to place it in her grave, they reworked it to make her younger -- as she would be in the Land of the Dead.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Yep an ancient egyptian "air brush" job.

I does look like the underlying statue is of her at an older age.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I think it may have been a reworking of an official portrait that was made when she was in her 40's. It may have been a favorite of someone's, but when they decided to place it in her grave, they reworked it to make her younger -- as she would be in the Land of the Dead.

Of course, the bust was found in the workshop of the sculptor Thutmose, not her tomb. It looks like we don't even know for sure where Nefertiti is buried.

But I might be misunderstanding you; since this was likely a master study that others would copy, it may well been altered to serve for a burial portrait.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eleleth
Of course, the bust was found in the workshop of the sculptor Thutmose, not her tomb. It looks like we don't even know for sure where Nefertiti is buried.

Looks like the mind is the first thing to go... I forget what the other things are.

I'd forgotten it was found in a workshop; it seemed a fitting piece for a tomb. The fact that it covers a face that is older and has a few flaws seems to suggest that she lived much longer than that youthful face suggests.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks09

Artists are known by their ideas of making things as the see them (or as they want to see them) instead of how the look, maybe it was someone that was more of an imaginative "school" than from the "realism" school.

And I would grab the opportunity of showing once more my own Carcharodon Megalodon tooth.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bceb2cdf40ca.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join