It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walgreens giving free care to jobless and uninsured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Walgreens giving free care to jobless and uninsured

news.yahoo.com

Walgreens said patients who lose their job and health insurance after March 31 will be able to get free treatment at its in-store Take Care clinics for respiratory problems, allergies, infections and skin conditions, among other ailments.

Walgreens said it will not offer free checkups, vaccinations or other injections because it is focusing on providing services patients might otherwise get at an urgent-care center or even an emergency room.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think that this is a great idea. Many people are unaware of the free clinics in their area and Walgreens would be an easier-to-locate medical option for them. Obviously, not all medical services will be covered and prescription medicine will still have to be paid for, but I think that this is a good start.

Of course, this is not an entirely selfless act by Walgreens, as they are trying to boost awareness of their clinics, purchased in 2007 (Take Care Clinics). Upwards of 30% of those that visit the clinic are new customers to Walgreens, so there is definitely a hook involved. That being said, I still think it is a great idea.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Good for them.
A decision made by a private company, to help others.
We use Walgreens in our neighborhood. The employees are great.
Due to my wife's health issues, we use the pharmacy a lot.
Just yesterday, we were discussing getting a gift for one of the pharmacy employees. She always goes above and beyond when it comes to making sure my wife is taken care of.
Good people.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well I am happy to see a company give a little health out during these hard times.

It's good that it's a Walgreens and not a Walmart. I'd be forced to think there was something else at hand, but that's kinda paranoid isn't it?

Anyway, good for them, hopefully alot of people will be able to benefit from such a great business decision.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

join