It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Chinese Develop Special "Kill Weapon" to Destroy U.S. Aircraft Carriers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Report: Chinese Develop Special "Kill Weapon" to Destroy U.S. Aircraft Carriers

[url=https://www.usni.org/forthemedia/ChineseKillWeapon.asp]

After years of conjecture, details have begun to emerge of a "kill weapon" developed by the Chinese to target and destroy U.S. aircraft carriers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-3-2009 by deadbang]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Although I believe this to be more a reaching of balance between the U.S.and China,... towrds the end of the article are a few telling lines...

"For a major military service to panic due to a new weapon system, clearly a mission kill weapon system,....There really aren't many gray spaces in evaluating the reaction by the Navy…the data tends to support the legitimacy of the threat."

Looks like we have another MAD situation, we can destroy you, and you can destroy us, so hey, let's not push each others buttons...so to speak.

www.usni.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

Your link in the first post is broken.

You can "kill" a carrier without destroying it. A mission kill still counts as a kill, but the carrier is still floating and gets back home. This one actually was first heard about a year or two ago. With the upgrades going on to Aegis, and other weapons systems, they're more likely to be able to kill at least some of these weapons.

I think the best that we'll see is that the carriers will have to stay farther out, and use buddy stores to refuel strike packages to get them to the targets. It will make it harder to get them there, but they'll still be able to get there.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Zaphod, I agree, was musing on the same thing, the outcome is, we will have to keep the carriers further out to sea and rely more on aerial refueling for aircraft and elements of the battle group to get close in support.

and to the broken link, apologies...if a MOD could take a look, that would be great...network guy here...duh.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well I just found an earlier thread regarding this very topic...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

MODS can you please close this thread

top topics

join