It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on Terror and the Increase of Opium into the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The downfall of Afghanistan's ruling Taliban and the rise of Northern Alliance forces have led to a resumption in opium cultivation in the country. The shift in control over the drug trade will alter trafficking patterns, bolstering the opium trade through Central Asia to Russia and increasing the quantity of heroin and morphine destined for Europe and the United States.
WorldNetDaily Link

I find it interesting that since the Northern Alliance who is backed by the USA and the CIA came to power that the Opium production has increased so much, further proof to me that the CIA is behind the majority of drug trafficing thourghout the world. What is your take on this?

**Edited to include link to original material.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have seen reports on this right after the war. Basically the farmers need money and that's their cash crop. What I think we need to do is fight farmers money problems with money and farming education. They have a lot of land and if we paid them to grow other crops they have said they would. I also think we should hold farming education classes there to teach the farmers how to test the soil, the most profitable crops to grow, when to grow them etc... They really aren't bad people, they need to support their families and eat like everyone else. They don't make a whole lot of money off selling the heroine but it's easy to grow and there's a demand for it. I really think that would not be a difficult problem to solve if the US government was really concerned about it.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Very interesting. Thing is, a lot of people don't see this.
I believe the opium growers where offered money not to grow the flower but it was rejected because they make much more money from the poppy then they ever could from wheat.

The fact the CIA is involved is not a surprise. They have to fund their black projects some how.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
The fact the CIA is involved is not a surprise. They have to fund their black projects some how.

The FACT is that it's not a fact, so get your facts straight.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is from March 2002

The Bush administration has decided not to destroy the opium crop in Afghanistan. President Bush, who previously linked the Afghan drug trade directly to terrorism, has now decided not to destroy the Afghan opium crop.

"The war in Afghanistan will be decided within the next six weeks based on whether or not the poppy crops go to market," stated a U.S. intelligence official who recently returned from Afghanistan.
Newsmax Link

**Edited to include link to original material

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The ahfghan farmers and people need money, I guess opium is the only solution.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The FACT is that it's not a fact, so get your facts straight.

Do a simple search and you'll find a long history of the CIA involvment in drugs in Afghanistan as well as other countries.

www.sonic.net...
www.serendipity.li...
www.cdi.org...
(that just 3 from a poosible 30,000 results)

True the money made going to fund black projects may not be true.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Do not just copy-paste entire articles written by someone else and post them here.

-B.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Now THAT would be a new spin on the war on terror.

Poisoned heroin and other opium products pushed on the streets. Junkies left and right overdosing.

I often wonder, when Seattle gets a bad shipment of Heroin and shooters start dropping off like flies, if the dope was intentionally bad anymore.

Its not like smugglers every check for the "safety" of the product the market. they usually just make sure its "the real #"...then send it off to local street labs to cut it and distribute it.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

... further proof to me that the CIA is behind the majority of drug trafficing thourghout the world.

And terrorism... 9/11 was no accident. It gave the US government a reason to invade Afganistan... And Iraq... Opium and oil... Both billion dollars industries.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tacitblue

... further proof to me that the CIA is behind the majority of drug trafficing thourghout the world.

And terrorism... 9/11 was no accident. It gave the US government a reason to invade Afganistan... And Iraq... Opium and oil... Both billion dollars industries.

So true. But people are waking up everyday to the lies. Shed as much light as you can on this, as many places as you can. Talk to everyone about it.

new topics

top topics

join