It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recently Watched "They Live"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VampireZio

The movie was John Carpenter's allegory about the Reagan Bush years, and the economy back then. People forget that the Reagan Administration basically ignored the big cities and their problems. The era was marked with the need to over consume and buy everything. That is where the signs come in the movie: Buy, Marry and Reproduce, OBEY etc.

It didn't make much money at the box office, but has become a cult hit through video release. It is scary how much the times have not changed since the 1980s. The styles were different, but the message is spot on.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
They really need to remake that one. I'm not saying I hate it or that it was bad. But I would love to see an updated version. I remember liking it a lot better when I was a kid.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Royal76

Actually, there is a remake in the works. I really don't know how they can pull it off, as this one is a cult favorite. The remake will not make much money, as the originals fans will probably not turn up in big numbers. Most people who have not seen the original will not be interested.

www.imdb.com...

As you can see, it still is in the "pro" part of imdb, which I am not going to pay for!

I could be wrong, but most remakes are terrible, with many losing money. The only hope is how much John Carpenter has to do with the movie. They may just pay him a fee and give him a title, but no input to the film. I'll wait and see, and hope I am wrong.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Not only are they remaking They Live, but it seems as if they are going to remake the remake of The Thing. Neither one should be done but it's the Hollywood way. They are unable to come up with a new idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join