It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recently Watched "They Live"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Movie: "They Live" was actually pretty good, I never had a chance to watch this movie before last night so it was interesting, its a bit dated but it seemed appropriate some how since the economy in the movie was suffering much like it is today. I have seen threads on ATS which I am unable to locate about someone coming with a crystal or lens to see the unseen maybe not as dramatic as in this movie but anyone know or heard or anything to see invisibles? I know this movie is hollywood fantasy but look at older scifi movies where hypothized technology was created and yet we use it now today.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
"I came to chew bubblegum or kick some ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum!" Great line! Almost as good as "Do you feel lucky punk? Well, do you?"
Seriously, this is one of those John Carpenter movies that is a great allegory for our society. The fact that it is dated is scary, because he could see what was happening even then.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
He (Carpenter) wasn't the only one.

In fact I'm sure there are a number of movies we could line up - end to end - that demonstrate clearly the thinking of the 'elite' and the world they wish they could control...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
just read the summary to it...never seen it so thanks definitely going to sit down and watch this one soon it looks like a good watch

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by VampireZio

I am not sure who brought it to the big screen, but I always thought that "Tank Girl" could be an accurate description of the future. Minus the kangaroo chimeras.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

Tank Girl was an awesome movie, Ice-T is a great actor, and quietly knows of tptb and the plans.

One of the reasons he left gang life, as he saw the C.I.A. and other groups bringin the drugs in, and questioned it.

Lori Petty is a hottie, on top of it!

Alot of Ice-T's movies have a little bit of "foresight" also, like Johnny Mnemonic.

Kind like a 6 degree thing, it had Henry Rollins, too.

And if you get into any of either of their writings, or spoken word (Rollins, or Ice-T) you can hear alot of political tones and insights.

Back to the topic, They Live, a few days ago some posted a short documentary here on ats, and i cant find it now.

It was about the hidden importance of the movie, kinda like a semi-biography of the actors prtrayals, and messages in the movie.

Anyone remember that thread, or where i can find the movie/documentary?

I really want to show a few of my friends.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Rowdy Roddy Piper was actually pretty good on the big screen in They Live, and he was great in the post-apocalypse action/comedy Hell Comes to Frog Town. If you want a tub-o-chuckles, get Frog Town and watch it while slightly intoxicated. It's good for laughs.

While I used to favor the apocalyptic futurism of films such as Omega Man and Soylent Green, I'm more recently becoming enamored with the futurism of films like Ultraviolet and Immortel.

Something about the look and feel of these newer films is just very appealing to me, although I know they never do well in the boxoffice.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
It was about the hidden importance of the movie, kinda like a semi-biography of the actors prtrayals, and messages in the movie.

The movie's been discussed here quite a bit so I'm not sure which discussion you may have seen. But you might try here to see if this is the one you mean.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The Live

I'm not going to embed it here as its huge. Follow the link to watch the movie via google video. It has some points where it seems pointless but you should definitely watch it in its entirety.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The movie IMO mirrors life as we know it, just our reality is more in your face. Consume, obey and multiply are the corner stones to the world we live in.

To me the moment the glasses were put on allowing them to see represents the moment the people of the world wake up from the illusion that is our society that has been pulled over our eyes.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

The movie's been discussed here quite a bit so I'm not sure which discussion you may have seen. But you might try here to see if this is the one you mean.

Yes, thank you!

Thats the one, i spent almost all day sunday lookin!

Every time i searched it, there were tons of threads and posts to weed thru.

Thank you again, ill flag it to keep it handy now.

That is a gret one, really goes into the movie well

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

...Ice-T is a great actor.....

I believe that's against ATS's Terms and Conditions.

I'd love to have a chat with John Carpenter and pick his brain about that movie and how he came about making it.

Peace

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Thats the one, i spent almost all day sunday lookin!

I used the little gray search box on the upper right. Typed in They Live and it was the fourth item down.

Go figure.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The entire movie here for those of you who have not seen it.

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
They live - has to have one of the best fight scenes ever

2nd

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Understanding how "They Live" & "We Sleep"... Thank You Hollywood.

This video lays out some things in the movie that you might have missed.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have not seen this movie before. I will have to get it on netflix. I checked it out on imdb.com and it looks pretty good. I am a fan of John Carepenter! I did notice they are doing a remake of it for 2011. I wonder how well that will turn out. Some movies IMO dont need a remake!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I have not seen this movie before. I will have to get it on netflix. I checked it out on imdb.com and it looks pretty good. I am a fan of John Carepenter! I did notice they are doing a remake of it for 2011. I wonder how well that will turn out. Some movies IMO dont need a remake!

thanks for the link to the movie on google video man! definitely going to watch it today sometime and get back with my thoughts...interesting that they are making a remake of it in 2011 the year before 2012 very interesting, a coincidence?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I really liked They Live.

If you want to see another somewhat campy movie that reaches deep into the realm of sci-fi surrealism, check out From Beyond. It deals with the ramifications of over-stimulation of the pineal gland.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

You'll find the movie in 8 or 9 parts on Youtube. I remember us discussing this a couple weeks ago too.

never mind I see where it was already posted.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Bombeni]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join