It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V for Vendetta... You don't have to wear a MASK if you oppose your government.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
You people that are afraid to speak up, my question is why? I was cleaning up my house tonight and I came across my DVD of V for Vendetta, and I thought to myself how great of a movie it is.

But then I looked a little closer at the cover:

I now realize the desensitizing here.

When the people revolt, is it in our best interest to wear a mask to conceal our identity? Why? We aren't terrorists. We have nothing to hide.

Why do we feel the need to wear a mask?

I've seen a few videos on youtube, a few avatars on ATS, and I see people wearing masks as if they have to hide there face because they speak the truth.

for example:

this guy is speaking the truth, but for some reason feels the need to conceal his identity. Is this how the revolution is going to happen? A bunch of people wearing masks because they are afraid their identity might be revealed?

If you have something to say that exposes the TPTB for what they are, in the name of Jesus Christ don't hide your face.

I know there are so many people reading ATS, but are afraid to type anything, or become a memeber because the Gov might track there their IP address. WHY???!!!!

Why are you afraid to speak up!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The cover you link to makes me think this;

The two knifes crossed and the face mask are almost an overlay of the
Skull and Bones logo.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The mask in the movie V for Vendetta symbolizes irrelevance of the looks and emphasizes the WORKS and the IDEA, that is what most of the Man are remembered for

Robbers, terrorists, rapists and "freedom" fighters are whole another ball game

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
You people that are afraid to speak up, my question is why? I was cleaning up my house tonight and I came across my DVD of V for Vendetta, and I thought to myself how great of a movie it is.

But then I looked a little closer at the cover:

I now realize the desensitizing here.

When the people revolt, is it in our best interest to wear a mask to conceal our identity? Why? We aren't terrorists. We have nothing to hide.

Why do we feel the need to wear a mask?

I've seen a few videos on youtube, a few avatars on ATS, and I see people wearing masks as if they have to hide there face because they speak the truth.

for example:

this guy is speaking the truth, but for some reason feels the need to conceal his identity. Is this how the revolution is going to happen? A bunch of people wearing masks because they are afraid their identity might be revealed?

If you have something to say that exposes the TPTB for what they are, in the name of Jesus Christ don't hide your face.

I know there are so many people reading ATS, but are afraid to type anything, or become a memeber because the Gov might track there their IP address. WHY???!!!!

Why are you afraid to speak up!!!

Probably because the government has more money, financial backing, more gov't figures that agree with them, (whether it be for truth or injustice) the money is better to them than you are, and they can make those who speak the truth look like terrorists because they own the media. I would venture to say, that a good reason to wear the mask is because it is hard to struggle your cause sitting behind bars for trying to fight a rogue government and an idea much larger than your own. America and the constitution used to be the biggest idea, but it seems the NWO has surpassed it in popularity and in deed, as most American's are now lethargic and wasteful and could not care less about their country except in a "ghost of the past" type spirit. The International Bankers (financial families), the gov't, and the Illuminati and the Freemasons and all aspiring fraternity brats believe in their cause of a New World Order vehemently, and those who fight for what they want unceasing.....get it. Whether they work for the Devil or for their own personal greed, It seems they want it more. If you choose to fight them, with all of the facial recognition cameras everywhere, wear a mask or they will come to your ouse and pick you up and because of the Patriot Act 2, don't worry about a trial.They own the media and they will just tell the populace that you are a terrorist. As for te truth, God will appreciate it either way, but God will not put you in a hole for it..........The NWO supporters will.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
good thread.

to oppose the government is to offer the people an alternative, and if you are not willing to stand up and declare the requirement for an alternative despite the dangers the government apperatus poses then why should the people take to your alternative?

besides that a mask hides your identity because it dehumanises you, you throw away your greatest asset when you don a mask, you stop being a freedom fighter and become the blank face of terror immediately.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
What about if my face has been horribly burned during an arson-based escape plan from a clandestine government facility conducting experiments on the civilian population? I can still wear one then, right?

Whilst I've loathed to see the Guy Fawkes image hijacked in the way it has - now being inextricably linked to 'anonymous' and the anti-Scientology movent* - the use of at the least the same, mass-produced mask gives a sense of uniformity and collective identity. This is useful psychologically as it refutes the idea that this is the work of individuals rather than a mob. Individuals are much easier to dismiss than a mob.

Also, a 'revolution' of any kind needs a tipping point, that moment when everything gains a critical mass. That involves tentative steps of smaller groups of people and smaller groups of people are generally more vulnerable. Anonymity at this point is pretty crucial if these 'pioneers' or 'instigators' aren't going to cut down due to some kind of 'tall poppy' syndrome.

*I'm actually in support of their actions but, at the same time, I find it hysterically funny that so they couldn't create their own 'anonymous identity'.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hey

Do you know what VENDETTA stands for?

(guess you think its a movie)

VENDETTA (old italy word) = Blood Right

Its an old word from the mafia in Italy and stands for the right to kill for blood.
I am confused why you but Vendetta into the "behind mask-thing" ? Vendetta has nothing to do with Revolution. Its from the mafia, and the mafia is a system like the goverment (i am not shure about how deep the mafia stands into some goverments).
Revolution is a kind of "being alone against everybody" . For that reason a revolutionary need a mask, cause there are people who wouldnt let him/her speak what he means. Special if he/she speak about a true the world will not hear.

VENDETA - OMERTA

Blood revenge - the law of Silence

mafia words

And as everybody knows at best: the mafia likes to use masks

friendly

Nia (1/4 italy blood :lol

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
In the early stages it's probably very necessary, as the state will need to track you down and lock you up or kill you. In the later stage, like in the V movie where it's massive uprising, the mask isn't needed anymore.

It's simple human self preservation really, if people feel their lifes may be made worse or even ended by expressing their views, they will take steps to protect themselves.

[edit on 31/3/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Worry about wearing a mask? Oh, my!

If you are serious about taking up a cause against government regulation, why would you want to wear one?

If you have to feel a need to hide behind cover, then your point is mute.

Everyone has a right to peaceful protest, and if you believe in your cause, you wouldn't even consider wearing a mask.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I guess my point was about FEAR.

I've encountered a few people that say they don't want to view certain web sites (like ATS), and they don't want to discuss certain subjects on the phone because they are afraid of the government. These people don't want their name on some list.

I've met people on ATS that have posted Anonymously (ironic that the Anonymous Post Avatar is wearing a mask) because they don't want a profile connected to their IP address.

I'm guilty of it too. I was once afraid of typing on ATS for reasons like this, but now I realize it's time to speak up.

If the government has a list of people that will resist the NWO, or believe 9-11 was an inside job, or will stand up to keep their second amendment rights... Don't you want your name to be on top of that list? But it seems like people are afraid to that the Government might classify them as something their not.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I can see your point. I guess, being old school, I really don't have fears, and if I did, so what, anyway?

I am older than you. I have a brother that backed Abbey Hoffman, while attending university in San Francisco.

I still get mail that is opened, and gifts, and occasionally know my phone line is being tapped.

My neighbors were questioned about my brother, and so were relatives.

Get used to it.......if you make a stink, your stink extends to your family, and everyone well withing the smell of it.

If you do nothing wrong, and are accused before even doing something, because of a relative...........there are your tax dollars in action.

Sit back and laugh, while your own money is spent on such ridiculous stuff. I do.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I agree with your overall comments here about wearing masks to hide the truth of who you are when you give truth, but you are off on the V foe Vendetta cover...

Guy Fawkes was the original plotter, one of, of the blowing up of Parliament in England in the 1600's or whenever. The reason for that mask in this movie was twofold:

1. He was badly burned and disfigured, it hid that disfigurement.
2. Guy Fawkes was someone everyone in England could Identify with.

It is the police and law enforcement today that wears black and masks, we should be asking why they are afraid to show their faces not why individual Americans are, don't ya think?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Okay... I was just using "V" as an example... but the people that revolted at the end of the movie were all wearing masks, and that was my only point.

Here is the perfect example.

www.liveleak.com...

United States Marine Joining the Resistance?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Why, because some of us have already suffered because of it, but more importantly our children have suffered.

new topics

top topics

join