It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOVE, real or just a dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've always thought that LOVE was the ultimate high. Can it last for the rest or our lives?

Is love real? ... or just infatuation?

In my opinion LOVE does not equal SEX. Maybe to most people it does, I am unsure. Would like any opinions on this. I put this question in skunkworks because it doesn't really fit anywhere else.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I believe love is very real your right about it not all being about sex though.

I think its more about finding someone who shares your interests and understands you as you do them. Someone who can make you smile no matter how down you are, someone who makes all the smallest things seem great. Someone who is on your mind all the time.

Little things like they know what your gonna say before you even say it and vice versa. Someone who can find it in there heart to forgive you even when you've done bad.

You notice yourself doing and saying things you ever would for anyone else all because that person means the world to you.

Sex is a small part of love although just as important as all the other little things.

As you probably gathered i do believe i am in love with that someone.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Very real friend, very real and I have a reason.

It might be a tear jerker!

Me and my husband actually met 25 years ago when we were both teenagers at a political summer camp. We met and immediatly fell for eachother and had a great summer of running around and well acting like love birds.

The summer ended and he left, I left and that was the end of it. We told each other we would write, however ofcourse that never happend. The thought of him had never left my mind.

Years later while in university, I was taking a sociology class and the person sitting beside me looked very familiar. I struck up a conversation and upon hearing his voice new exactly who he was.

And now 19 years later our love is as strong as it ever was. It makes me wonder if our connection is what drove us to that same class that day.

Anyway that's just my experience, I definetly believe in love, and there are many other forms of it as well. Take my children for example. I love them more than life itself. If I could give my life for them to be able to live a single day in peace, I would have dropped dead a long time ago.

I think the whole "sex" is love thing is very overrated. People need to realize that sex, is just simply that. There is no love to it, until you are conceiving a child or those special moments where two people really connect.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I think the whole "sex" is love thing is very overrated. People need to realize that sex, is just simply that. There is no love to it, until you are conceiving a child or those special moments where two people really connect.

Absolutely right....

Women don't make love, they just f***

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Great story. I think it is a rare thing, of which you speak. Would love to hear of any more good stories like this.

Wouldn't mind hearing some stories about the other side either, how love destroyed you, etc.

Perspective is very important, don't you know?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Love is an elemental thing, all emotions flow from it depending on how the love-desires are fulfilled. Love is a manifestation of the universal "feminine" (chaos), while fear is a manifestation of the universal "masculine" (order). All things that exist are balances, mixtures, and imbalances of these forces.

The right brain is the hemisphere which helps us connect to higher realms of spirituality (feminine), while the left brain is the hemisphere which keeps us in the physica (masculine). Love is purely spiritual and sex is purely physical. It is when the two are mixed that amazing emotions and physical pleasures occur. Love does not equal sex, ostensibly. I love a friend of mine as a friend, but we don't get it on every Friday night. It's when certain proportions of the feminine and masculine are achieved that really great sex happens. Sex doesn't equal love... I may have sex with a hooker, but we don't go on a date at any fancy German restaurants afterwards.

Both the feminine and masculine are essential to any experience. The two birth each other and need each other to exist.

www.ted.com...

That video explains it interestingly well. Very cool stuff.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Lifthrasir]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
From a chemistry standpoint, love is an increased production of PEA and other neuro-chemicals in the brain, but i like to believe there's a little more to it than that. It would be rather boring if it turns out that the most powerful emotion humans experience is little more than a chemical reaction.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonking76

Matthew 5:43-48

You have learned that they were told, “Love your neighbor, hate your enemy.” But what I tell you is this: Love your enemies and pray for your persecutors; only so can you be children of your heavenly Father, who makes his sun shine on good and bad alike, and sends the rain on the honest and the dishonest. If you love only those who love you, what reward can you expect? Surely the tax-gatherers do as much as that. And if you greet only your brothers, what is there extraordinary about that? Even the heathen do as much. There must be no limit to your goodness, as your heavenly Father’s goodness knows no bounds.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Dont want to rain on everyones parade, but um...isnt this area under Skunk Works or am i missing something here.

Peace to all.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
From a chemistry standpoint, love is an increased production of PEA and other neuro-chemicals in the brain, but i like to believe there's a little more to it than that. It would be rather boring if it turns out that the most powerful emotion humans experience is little more than a chemical reaction.

TheAssociate

I've heard that chocolate (and some illegals) can replicate the feeling of love.

Annggk actually brings up a point as well. There are different kinds of love I suppose, or different levels of it. The love I have for members of my family seems different than the love I feel for my fellow man, or the love I feel for a mistress.

So if you love everyone equally, does that make you some kind of slut, even though sex is not involved?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

To me...Love (of an unrelated person...) can never truly go away.

Let me explain.... I was in love with someone quite a while ago, deeply in love with them, she meant to world me me. However one day, she told me she was with someone else, there was no splitting apart first or anything, she was just with someone else all of a sudden. Now...that was a crushing blow, I didn't talk to her for a long time after that...though I do now as a friend... I wouldn't say I love her any more, in fact I do love someone else entirely...but I know I would still do things for her that i wouldn't do for most other people. (Non-sexual... but I would still go out of my way to make her happy)

The fact that there was once that connection, means it can never truly go away; even once you love someone else...

So, Love is definitely real, and not just a dream....though sometimes we may wish it was nothing other than a dream. Love can cause the highest of highs, and equally the lowest of lows.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Nah, i'm pretty sure sex has to be involved in order for someone to be considered a slut. On a quasi-related note, i know many, MANY different types of errrrrm...."harlots."

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I do not think it is real, and you will find that people with the mind control can generate this any time they want in people.

This for me shows that it means nothing.

Just give me a bar of choculate.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I believe it's very real and at times it puts me in a dream like state. The love I have for everyone varies on different levels.

top topics

join