It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck 3/27/09: Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009 - HR 875

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Think practically, not abstractly, this is unenforcable in its current guise, this woman is the Diane Feinstein of the food world.

A report was released just last week showing a record increase in the numbers of people growing their own food, and that includes the President with his new vegetable garden at the Whitehouse.

Large numbers of supporters create protection, that's why we still have our firearms.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

the dariy farmer whose talking wife is a lobbyest for Monsantos... and he is speaking out against the bill...

You can make all the wild baseless accusations you want, but without proof they are just that.

I've provided proof that the representative to introduce this bill, had family that at least at one point was working directly with monsanto.

All you've done is scream things you've got no proof for saying.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I have home gardened for years and I just spent the past half hour reading the actual bill and I tell ya its nothing like what beck and guests (and online opponents) are hawking it to be... it may not spell things out such simple terms that a zombie could understand it but its quite clear who the target is... and that is commercial food production and more than anything it clarifies the inspection process.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Since you obviously didn't read it to begin with, I'll post it yet again.

Simple guidelines defining how many acres is considered a commercial farm would be sufficient, but the SIMPLE GUIDELINES ARE ABSENT. Thus lumping everything together with the same inane paperwork and penalties.

There have been 3 or 4 people in this thread that have said pretty much the exact same thing I'm saying right here. If you fail to see this, you're being intentionally ignorant of the facts.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by djzombie]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I`m amazed that none of you have mentioned codex alimentarius yet.
google that one out...scares the crap out of me

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yep, this is a precursor to the codex, which I have a feeling will be worldwide, instituted by the UN.

Like frogs in a pot. I guess we'll see tomorrow if TPTB have heated the water too fast.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
No I am not being ignorant of the facts... I read the bill and it is quite explicit in that it is talking about commercial farms.

It may not say how many acres or all that but it is obvious what its talking about and when you listen to the video its obvious as well that the woman specifically is talking out her *SNIP

The bill is quite clearly about the regulation of the commercial production of food... NOT my or your garden.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by alien]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Quote to me from the bill where it defines "commercial farm."

Commercial farm in the past has been said to be anything that effects commerce.

Someone linked a story in another thread about this where a man had his farm considered a commercial farm, he didn't even sell his crops, just ate them himself.

But that effects commerce, because the food he grew replaces food he would otherwise have to buy, And that was their reasoning. Something to do with the commerce act, I didn't really understand it myself, because it was that backwards doubletalk that our government so loves these days.

Someone please find the story, I've looked all over.

So until it DEFINES THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMMERCIAL FARM/SMALL FARM/HOME GARDEN, all are effected by this overreaching tyrannical piece of legislation.

I'm done arguing the same point you're being intentionally ignorant of until your provide me with something from the bill that clearly states the difference.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Go back to bed America - they have figured it all out.
Go back to bed America - and shut up

Living on the land of freedom. You are free to do as we tell you.

Bill Hicks (reinterpreted)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
actually there's alot of people growing their own food

I didn't say alot of people don't grow their own food. I'm saying the majority don't.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well, I knew that Glenn Beck was an idiot and after having read HR 875 in its entirety, I have found nothing in it to make me change my opinion of him. The bill does not make it illegal for individuals to grow food for themselves in a garden. As the sainted Mr. Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon!".

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The bill does not make it illegal for individuals to grow food for themselves in a garden.

firstly the dialect is able to encompass any type of farmign or gardening.

Simple guidelines defining how many acres is considered a commercial farm would be sufficient, but the SIMPLE GUIDELINES ARE ABSENT. Thus lumping everything together with the same inane paperwork and penalties.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertyLover

You always gotta question vagueness in bill/laws etc..

Are you sayign that home gardeners cannot be considered as food producers? Because that's the wording the bill uses.

Secondly, even if you are against the idea that the bill includes home gardeners, it's still wrong to put this much laws for farmers to obey.

I mean look at KFC man..... did you see their steroid infected chicken?
Go after bad businesses not the average person.

I'm telling you this is war against organic farming is what it is.
That's EXACTLY what it is!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

No it is not quite explicit in the fact that it is talking about commercial farms. It says "The term 'food production facility' means any farm, ranch, orchard, vineyard, aquaculture facility , or confined animal-feeding operation". No where in that definition does it say "commercial".

According to that definition anyone that confines their animals and feeds them can be considered as having a farm, so a family that has 10 chickens in a chicken coop and feeds them can be considered as having a food production facility. Now go look at a couple of definitions of farm and even people in cities with a simple backyard garden can be considered as having a farm. Example; an area of land with various structures (house, garage, and dog house will fit this description) devoted primarily to the practice of producing & managing food ( a garden).

As others have said, it's not about what the bill says, it's about what it doesn't say. Unless it clearly defines what a farm, orchard, etc is the government can, whenever they deem appropriate, twist the wording to make even a backyard garden, or a couple of berry trees in the back yard a garden, or orchard.

Edited for spelling error

[edit on 3/31/2009 by chise61]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
I'm especially fond of the news that Michelle Obama is starting
an Organic Garden at the White House.

Um...
do we all get to have one of those?

Funny isn't it. It can't be organic as it takes three years of soil sitting without checmical treatmen to be certified Organic. Something tells me that the white house lawn gets some fertilizer from time to time.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Anyone heard of the Doomsday vault, stationed in Svalbard, Norway? where practical all seeds on earth is kept, incase something big happened...hmm, I wonder if they built that one incase Monsantos gene modified seeds will corrupt too much of the enviroment....or maybe they will bring the natural seeds back into farming, after they finished their agenda?...lets say...after the worlds population is brought down from 7 billion to 2-3 billion...
Nah, that would never be the case ey?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by elston

Originally posted by spinkyboo
I'm especially fond of the news that Michelle Obama is starting
an Organic Garden at the White House.

Um...
do we all get to have one of those?

Funny isn't it. It can't be organic as it takes three years of soil sitting without checmical treatmen to be certified Organic. Something tells me that the white house lawn gets some fertilizer from time to time.

Good point.
And something tells me that they are clearly just in a position now -
to not be forced to eat the poison that is offered to the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

that's not what the lady in the video is saying; she said the bill DOES NOT define what constitutes a 'farm' thus every farm will be affected.

Remember, what's on the bill doesn't mean it gets 'written' in the same way..

there are no watch dogs when this process happens.. and since there isn't any, it's LAW.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join