It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Streaking Lights and Explosions, down mid-Atlantic Coast.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
BALTIMORE -- The National Weather Service said Monday there is no evidence of any naturally occurring phenomenon to explain bright lights in the eastern sky that prompted hundreds of calls to the service and emergency officials.

Forum: Did You See Anything?
E-Mail: Did You Take A Photo? Send It To Us

Callers from Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina described brilliant, streaking lights followed by an explosion-like sound at about 9:45 p.m. Sunday.

One 11 News viewer in Carroll County e-mailed to say she "spotted a large fireball in the western sky. It started out being about star brightness, then increasingly got brighter and greener. As it got green, it had an orange sparkling tail...We saw it go almost all the way to the ground before losing sight of it in the trees."

A WBALTV.com visitor who was in Durham, N.C., wrote the following: "I remember seeing something greenish and changing colors. It was leaving a trail (not sure of the color). I never saw it hit the ground either because it faded, got covered by trees, or burnt out."

Another wrote: "I was driving South on Interstate 83 between 9:30 and 10:00 (Sunday) night when my wife and I both saw a streaking green light fall from the sky. It looked like a shooting star, but it was definitely falling to the ground and not shooting across the sky."

Virginia residents from Hampton Roads to Richmond reported seeing "great balls of fire" lighting up the sky in shades of yellow, white orange and blue.

Some described the explosion as sounding like thunder.

Several calls came to Richmond International Airport, but spokesman Troy Bell said tower workers did not see anything unusual.

A spokesman for the weather service said the lights are "nothing meteorological that we can see."

The weather service said no damage was reported.

dkman222: I cant help but wonder if this is all leading up to our alien invasion...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
BTW, that was from an external source, www.wbaltv.com... im brand new to this site and haven't figured out how to post just right yet, my apologies.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dkman222
BALTIMORE -- The National Weather Service said Monday there is no evidence of any naturally occurring phenomenon to explain bright lights in the eastern sky that prompted hundreds of calls to the service and emergency officials.

Forum: Did You See Anything?
E-Mail: Did You Take A Photo? Send It To Us

Callers from Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina described brilliant, streaking lights followed by an explosion-like sound at about 9:45 p.m. Sunday.

One 11 News viewer in Carroll County e-mailed to say she "spotted a large fireball in the western sky. It started out being about star brightness, then increasingly got brighter and greener. As it got green, it had an orange sparkling tail...We saw it go almost all the way to the ground before losing sight of it in the trees."

A WBALTV.com visitor who was in Durham, N.C., wrote the following: "I remember seeing something greenish and changing colors. It was leaving a trail (not sure of the color). I never saw it hit the ground either because it faded, got covered by trees, or burnt out."

Another wrote: "I was driving South on Interstate 83 between 9:30 and 10:00 (Sunday) night when my wife and I both saw a streaking green light fall from the sky. It looked like a shooting star, but it was definitely falling to the ground and not shooting across the sky."

Virginia residents from Hampton Roads to Richmond reported seeing "great balls of fire" lighting up the sky in shades of yellow, white orange and blue.

Some described the explosion as sounding like thunder.

Several calls came to Richmond International Airport, but spokesman Troy Bell said tower workers did not see anything unusual.

A spokesman for the weather service said the lights are "nothing meteorological that we can see."

The weather service said no damage was reported.

dkman222: I cant help but wonder if this is all leading up to our alien invasion...

sounds like meteors to me
can meteors create a sonic boom?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think the OP is also talking about the recent booms here in NY as well as in Viginia andf elsewhere.

There have been quite a few news stories lately about unexplained booms up and down the east coast, as well as unexplained "earthquakes" in california.

Seems there is a lot of unexplained phenomon latey.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yes, meteors do make a sonic boom, and i personally think it was a meteor

but there's this line at the end of the article

I've noticed a lot of Alien or UFO on MSM and even MSM websites,
And i cant help but wonder if this is all leading up to the hoax alien invasion I've read about...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dkman222

Rumour says, It won't be an Invasion, but a Visitation. The things happening now, is merely a preparation. No need to start fear-mongering in advance and thinking of it as a coming Invasion, IF it really turns out to be a fully friendly visit.

Better to wait and see.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Existing thread here:

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

join