It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Went and saw "the boat that rocked" today.
It was a totally awesome, kick-ass movie.
Probably the best or one of the best soundtracks ever too.

It's about a pirate radio station named Radio rock and how the station broadcast rock and roll non-stop in the days when nobody was playing it.

It is a truly hilarious movie full of laugh out loud moments and great quips.
And some very out-there moments too.

Recommend it to everyone

Go see it.

8/10

[edit on 1/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Is that the movie that's based on Radio Caroline? Caroline was a pirate radio station in the UK in the 60's or earlier, and I can remember listening to it when I was very little...I think! Looks like a must see anyway. Thanks for the review and the reminder.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

It is indeed.

Sorry...the review was short but i don't wanna spoil it and i used to write reviews.... quite a while back....but get annoyed with doing it now

So i kept it short and sweet.

Honestly...the film is hilarious and if you love classic 60's/70's rock and roll.... it is pure heaven.
truly one of the best Brit flicks I've ever seen..

Go...what are you waiting for.... get that ticket booked

Glad i reminded you

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I definitely will be going to see it this weekend...I'm really looking forward to it now. I think I really deserve a good movie as my last trip to the cinema was in January to see "7 pounds"...and although I really like Will Smith....that film STINKS!! I hated it, was depressed for a good 2 days afterwards, and it ruined my birthday. There was another thread somewhere here where I ranted about it at the time, so I won't go on. I would have given it -18 out of 10.

Can't wait to see this one though...will report back on Monday.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

.that film STINKS!! I hated it, was depressed for a good 2 days afterwards, and it ruined my birthday. There was another thread somewhere here where I ranted about it at the time, so I won't go on. I would have given it -18 out of 10.
Can't wait to see this one though...will report back on Monday.

haven't seen it and don't want to anyway...definitely not now

I like pursuit of happiness but 7 pounds one just didn't strike a chord with me unfortunately... didn't make me want to go want to go watch it.

I look forward to your review/opinion of the boat that rocked.

Enjoy my dear

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I was a driver/extra. Barely noticeable.

20 films and 4 TV shows in 15 months. Just as a lowly extra/driver/standin working for slightly over min. wage. No speaking parts except in pilots. Still having a ball just participating in this industry.
New Mexico is Tamalewood.

Watch "In Plain Site"

whaaa, you are living your dream, even if it is just extra and driver work. I would also have a blast doing the same thing.

I saw the movie "Dans Paris" a week ago, and it was quite good. It is a humorous character study of a father with his two sons. The oldest son has come back home and is depressed over his girlfriend. The youngest son is a spoiled college student. There are many sweet moments in this film, and Louis Garrel as the youngest son reminded me of my own son. I also like how the Europeans are so casual and realistic about nudity. It is funny how we are so prudish here, as to give a restricted rating to a movie because of a character who walks naked to the bathroom (in my house, that was quite a common sight). I give this one a 7/10.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I just saw Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D

With the Glasses: 9/10
Without the Glasses: 6/10

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Just watched "88 Minutes" with Al Pacino..

Not bad... but not my favorite of his. Some points in the movie I found unrealistic (with timing and such - since the movie is based on time), the plot was good - but I didn't feel like it was portrayed well... you know? The storyline was good, but the movie was lacking details... to make it great.

7/10...ish.

- Carrot

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I watched the beginning of that. I ended up falling asleep though. What I came away with was the overwhelming sense of just how old Al Pacino is now and how cliche' his acting has become.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Watched two movies on TCM last night:

Take the Money and Run (1969)

www.imdb.com...

Woody Allen's first movie he wrote, directed and starred in. It was quite funny, and very silly. Not his best early efforts, but it is easy to see why these movies are so infectious. The best scene is when Woody tries to run over Miss Blair (Jacquelyn Hyde) in her house. I give it an 8/10.

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

www.imdb.com...

I do not need to say much about this comic gem, except my amps go up to an 11. There are many cameos in this movie, and it is fun to watch just to spot them. The best mocumentary so far. 11/10

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
its old but I recently watched Donnie Darko, turned out to be way better than I thought it would be. I always blew off watching it because I figured it was just some teen scream flick. Really awesome movie.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by radioactive_liquid]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You're right. He is old and it shows in this one... Like I said, not my favorite of his, the movie was lacking - but it did have the potential to be great.

- Carrot

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I watched spiderman 3 this morning on Encore. Wow, I can't believe that I enjoyed the first two. I may have to go back and re-evaluate my opinion of them. The 3rd was just really bad. The special effects were cheesy, as was the plot. The acting was also really poor. I have never been much of a fan of Kirsten Dunst but everyone in the movie seemed to be just "phoning it in".

4/10.

Maybe I was just not in the right mindset for it....

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I haven't seen the 3rd movie but watched the first two.
They were ok... watchable guff really.

I'd give them 5-6 out of ten.

I loved The Watchmen....not sure if you've seen it but it's an adult comic book movie... not one aimed at kids.

I'd recommend that mate

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I do want to see the watchmen. That one looked really good in the previews. I never read the comics though.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I had read it... but probably ten years ago...so couldn't fully remember it.
The film is excellent man... really dark and complex and thought provoking.

You'd def like it my friend.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
B-Horror time

Watched Dance of the Dead the other night.

I'd give it a 8 / 10 for the genre it is trying to crack.

Zombie movies are a dime a dozen and to make one that actually works is rare these days.

Romero's latest efforts have been pretty embarrassing really. So it is good to see a fresh, comical take on the genre.

So if you liked Shaun of the Dead, you'll probably like this one too. It doesn't take itself seriously, and comes out in front because of it.

Oh... and who doesn't want to see cheerleaders hacking apart their now zombie science teacher with a machete?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Point Break was on last night....

7/10 for nostalgia.

I AM AN F....B....I... AGENT!!!!

Some of Keanu's finest work.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
finally got to see "KNOWING". I thought it was tour-de -force. It was the best film I have seen in ages and it gripped from beginning to end. And what an end !!. If anyone has'nt seen it please go because it's awesome.-

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Oh I love POINT BREAK. The footchase is great using one camera and the skydiving scene rocks! You can forgive Keanu for his wooden acting!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join