It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is what's really happening, the Modern era coming to an end?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The environmental crisis, economic disaster, slowdown of production, blackouts, people lose their jobs, governments lose peoples' faith.

Is what's really happening the end of the Modern era that began in the 19th century?

What will replace it? Some kind of post-modern dark age? Utopia?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
sorry for the duplication, it wasn't intentional.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I ask myself this question most days. I find it depressing to think about the many civilizations that will exist after ours, just like the many before us. To a lesser degree the same goes for decades.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Im wondering why the world leaders are constantly talking about NEW this and NEW that, they talk about ONE WORLD this and ONE WORLD that, and Bush even sayd last fall when he was in an middle east country : ITS HARD TO CREATE A NEW PARADIGME ? what does that mean ?

Are Obama running out of time for something ? seams like things are just ment to be a surten way in an 'please make it snappy' kind of pace..

Any Ideas ? Am I going bananas ? is the World going Bananas ?

I like to add some thing here; prolly debunked allready , but its worth a shot....

They have given the US government until then to prepare humanity for this event.

Could there be any thing here ?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Or is it just fallout from the Graham Leach Bliley Act that deregulated and allowed our banks to merge with riskier financial markets?

These problems were predicted by some who were against the Act, but it was voted through with only eight Senators voting against it. It was signed by Bill Clinton, so both parties can take equal blame.

We will get through these problems, as it is not as bad as the Great Depression. I had many relatives tell me stories about how bad the times were back then.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Every once in a while, the human condition has to hit the reset button. One that we are all familiar with was the fall of the Roman Empire.

Chaos, destruction, disharmony, disease, and destruction.

Disease that followed in the next centuries wiped out significant portions of the European world. Disease and famines always follow the decline of civilization, just as does the Pale Horse of the Apocalypse.

If we don't get these destructive agents out of control of government and get a handle on our destinies, we too, will suffer another reset.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't know really. Hard to say.
But i can say to you that human kind is not the one that used to be in the 50's. People are very awake now, because of the easy flow of the information and of the Internet.
There is LOT going on these days, UFO sightings are in my opinion the most import phenomenon of our time.
I think human kind is about take one hell of ride.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
We're getting reset, and it's about time.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

If you mean the end to a failed economic system, a flawed world judicial system, human rights abuses, and a society that is hell bent on consuming anything in sight, I would gladly welcome it's end.

The truth is, this "empire" we have created, is too much. It's hands reach far too wide around the eart. We consume far more than we should, we create billions upon billions of useless products and services every year.

We fight each other over skin color, race, religion, sexuality. We wage wars over imaginary lines in the sand and our "claims" to natural resources that as much as they'd like you to believe AREN'T unlimited.

I haven't even mentioned our complete disregard for the environment and the other species of animals that live amongst us. There is a serious need to revamp and re-energize our way of life if we expect to continue being the top of the foodchain.

This is make or break time, and if we choose to sit idly by and allow the status quo to go unchanged, it won't be a select few who will be to blame, but all of humanity.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I thought no one would ever know the day or the hour we were done for....

We have the date and the year, 2012, obviously theres a little conflict here.

Whatever it is i hope its fast and painless.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
[more

Dear Donnie,

No, I don't believe so. Here is why,....if people want to pay their bills with what they have to offer, it means the lowering of prices, so of course they are going to bitch.

If you are on a road with a speed bump, you have to slow down. That is how I view the economy.

top topics

join