It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little thing . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
One thing that has been a little nag about the boards is the change of the 'who's online' square. Could we possibly get it back to being in alphabetical order, would it alot easier to find who's online wouldn't you agree ?

[Edited on 4/21/2004 by earthtone]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yeah i have to agree it what seems like hours to see who's online earthtone is right.

And also it would be cool if we could see which Mods are online too that would help members especially if they wanna contact a particular Mod.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by drunk]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
seems like hours to see

And also it would be cool if we could see which Mods are online too that would help members especially if they wanna contact a particular Mod.

It does take hours! Good idea also Drunk, would be helpfull, especially to new members to pinpoint what mods are online.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yeah remember they had the mods names in italics or something like that.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Indeed, that was a handy little gem of a feature. .

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I thought it was always in order of most recent activity, and never in alphabetical?

I just use the search function on my browser if the list is too long. Or just look in their profile.

As far as contacting the mods, if you are after a specific mod then see above. If not just use complaint form, quickest and easiest way to contact the staff.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
One thing that has been a little nag about the boards is the change of the 'who's online' square. Could we possibly get it back to being in alphabetical order, would it alot easier to find who's online wouldn't you agree ?

[Edited on 4/21/2004 by earthtone]

thats a great idea, to be honest i don't look at "who's online" i wait and see who replys. Its more of a suprise

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
I thought it was always in order of most recent activity, and never in alphabetical?

I remember it being alphabetical up until the major site changes occured with BTS and what not.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

Nah, it definately used to be in alphabetical order, which was much better. It's no big deal though although it would be handy if it went back that way.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The alphabetical list was when we show who was online today. We stopped showing the list when it reached 500 members and was requiring 12k of HTML just for a list of who was on the site in the past 24 hours. With 800+ ranges, such a list would be pusing 20k. Bandwidth is not the issue, it's performance for our members.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
it's performance for our members.

Thats cool.. Is there not a way to 'alphabeticise' the 'who's on now' list Skeptic? As John said, it's no biggie, just a little thing, but it would be nice.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
*BUMP* whoops!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Changes made. great job Skeptic.

new topics

top topics

join