It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a topic post it, no reply?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Why do people start threads, and then abandon them?

Is ATS not open enough to alternative ideas, thoughts?

I have seen people being tormented for giving up new ideas nobody will listen to.

Some people are really rude, and is that needed? Nobody is an expert on anything. So why the rudeness?

I am apalled at the way some people are treated for presenting something new. It is ok, not to agree with something, but why the rudeness?

Remember when you all had new ideas to you, alone? Something new? How long did it take for you to get up the gumption to post something?

Wouldn't critiscism of your words, rather than insults, give you something more to go on?

Some members are new, and need guidance, not relentless critiscism.

edit for typo

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I also know I am going to read replies like, outrageous claims need proof, and where can this be proven, etc... but you all have to realise some peoples claims cannot be proven. If you don't agree, say so, without insulting the person. It is not needed. Everyone who has a name on ATS has a right to post what they believe, and it is not right for people to tell them they are wrong. It is your right to disagree with them, and prove why you disagree, or put up an agreeable argument to why so.

edit for typo, and I hate my laptop!

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I do know how you feel. But I also see you are a newish member. You'll get used to it.

This happens alot no matter what the topic. Dont take it personally. there are alot of factors. Who is about and posting, who knows you but that doesnt (shouldnt) always matter and also what the topic is. Sometimes people like thier comfort zones and topics they know.

I have had many that I thought would be reasonably popular that died without once responce and others that were what I call 'throaway' threads that went ballistic.

Sometimes you just gotta take your chances.

If you have a thread in particular link it here so I can have a squiz....or U2U me a link if you prefer.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Thanks for your reply. I love your posts, and have read them for a long time.

I actually made a point out of this thread, to show, that sometimes it is difficult for the author of threads to be on board to post replies. None the less, you have added some insight here.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There is a flipside to this coin.

Let's say member A posts something that many think is outrageous.

Member B and C respind they disagree

Member A now calls member B and C liars, disinfo agents, stupid and insults them

Happens on both sides alot

-Kyo

top topics

join