It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush get Re-elected?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Ok.. only Yes or No responses and give a little explanation of why you chose your answer.

I say no because even though the American people may like what he's doing on this "war on terrorism," they know he's not doing a whole bunch here at home.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
if i was 18 in nov 2004 he wud have my vote

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I say "NO" but thats just a feeling!. As an American, I am kind of getting use to the idea some major changes "need" to take place in the world, but many of us are a bit apprehensive and I think that will hurt Bush. But PLEASE don't missunderstand me here!!!!!

I think The "Rag Heads" need there "Butts" kicked but good, and I stand with my president!!

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think he will because the dem's have kind of fractured the past year so it's gonna take them some time to re-group and there's really no other Republican's that i see beating him in the primaries.

I will wait to see who i shall vote on for my first eligeble presidential election, from what i've seen so far i'm just going to vote for Bush

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Bush sucks, so no, he won't get my vote. Doesn't matter though, if you vote against him his freinds will "lose" the votes and he will win again that way.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
As of now yes. But if the war goes the rong way then I doubt he'll get re-elected. Least Gore is not running.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
if joe liberman is running for pres against bush, bush will win cuz the USA ppl despite the fact that many are religous they wud probably vote a christian in over a jewish person

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
yes, it is important to me to have a president that is not affraid to stand up to Iraq and clean up what the Clinton addministration has slacked off doing. Iraq has had 12 years to disarm. How can you say he is not doing much at home??? How much has he just spent on homeland security?? I would like for you to respond Illmatic67 on why you think that he is not doing much at home!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
homeland security from what??????????

tell me from what and I might answer your question.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   

homeland security from what??????????

What kind of F-ing question is that? Just above your avatar it should say Half man, Half idiot. First off you should just answer my question and quit tryin to dodge it like a typical liberal. Homeland security from terrorists you nimwit. And you recognise that car in my avatar, it is from Miami.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
No, as in no way in hell. First, you have to be 'elected' before the 're' is valid.
He's alienated too many Republicans and might actually see a challenge for the party nomination.

[Edited on 3-2-2003 by Bout Time]

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The arsehole is an IDIOT!!! I would not vote him in as dog catcher... but as someone already pointed out he does not have to win the election to stay in office, so why are we having this conversation?!!!

His crooked pappy will just buy the next election too, so whats the point?

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think he will be re-elected.

- High approval rating.
- No solid opposition (yet).
- He's the incumbent.

Religion will be an issue with Lieberman. Plus, he seems to support Bush on most fronts, except his tax cuts: alienating a lot of liberal dems via his support on Iraq, God, and other causes (I believe he was for the school voucher thing at one point). The other contenders are unknown to the American populace. Gore is out and Hillary won't run yet.

So far, no strong 3rd party candidate is making any noise. If the greens throw someone up (Nader?) that will hurt the dems, probably more so this time around if a moderate democrat like Lieberman gets the Democratic nomination. If McCain says �what the hell, I am not getting any younger,� that will hurt Bush BIG TIME � I might be inclined to vote for the �Straight Talk Express� like I did in the primaries. If the economy continues getting better and Iraq is mopped up quickly this will be bad for the Dems.

As it stands I don�t see how the President can fail getting re-elected. This will probably be another landslide re-election, Reagan-style. Sorry folks.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wishful thinking in lieu of rational analysis, huh Bob?

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
BT, for once you come up short on analysis with:

He's alienated too many Republicans and might actually see a challenge for the party nomination

I just don't see much of that, honestly. There's a bigger split on the democrat side. You have the liberal factions (Pelosi, Boxer, Kucinich) and the moderates like Joe and all those that will claim 'I voted with Bush most of the time'

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hmmm, didn't the Democrats lose control of Congress while Bush is President????

So the Democrats are 0-2 vs Bush, but of course he's going to lose the 3rd time for some unknown reason...yeah, whatever.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
BT, for once you come up short on analysis with:

He's alienated too many Republicans and might actually see a challenge for the party nomination

I just don't see much of that, honestly. There's a bigger split on the democrat side. You have the liberal factions (Pelosi, Boxer, Kucinich) and the moderates like Joe and all those that will claim 'I voted with Bush most of the time'

I think those RINO's are going to be a force, mark my words. You were right about Johnny Mac.....gonna start hear'n them thar prez-O-nentul birdies in his ear! Jim Jeffords gonna step up to be a VP...and BOOM!
Though that will probably happen on an Independent ticket.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If McCain runs for president I really would prefer he get someone other than Jeffords. McCain might fit in decent w/ the Reform party - though I think he'd be independent. I don't know who is going to come out of the Dem party as presidential material. Lack of opposition, my friend, will lead to a Bush re-election. McCain and Traficant - I might vote for that ticket.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My early money: JFK
Dark Horse: Dean

THe trick for Bush is to avoid debates again. The VP choice is gonna be a fire breather - No puss/mush like Lieberman.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Dean is too liberal for the public, imho - Kerry, he's just an odd looking fellow, something about that hair that gives me the creeps.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join