It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls Need To Sit, But Boys Should Stand.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I just can't believe this.
As I walked up the hall and past the bathroom, a male friend I've known for years is sitting on the toilet. I say "Dude, close the door if you wanna have a dump."

His reply...
"I'm just takin' a leak."

When he came out I asked him about sitting down to pee, and it's hard to believe what he said. His wife has him and their two sons sitting down to have a wiz. The boys are about 11 and 6, they should be standing up and pointing at the porcelain like a proper man.

Sure, there may be the odd miss or some splash, but one female in the house has all the males in the house squatting to have a squirt.

It's just wrong. :shk:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Thats a woman for yu. Give her a couple of inches and she takes a whole mile. I suppose it really does keep down the mess, especially when your a kid who gets half the pee in the toilet and half on the floor..

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
More people sit and pee than you think.

It's actually one of the things many muslims do, to stop any tiny splashes go on their clothing.

And some people like to call them dirty arabs etc lol, in fact they have to be "very" clean for their religion, ironic.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
More people sit and pee than you think.

I'm familiar with some Muslim rules and traditions, but do you sit ?
Do you teach your sons to sit down to just drain the main vain ?

I think it's a natural function for a man to stand and let go. If it's in the woods, beside a road, or any convenient location, even if it is a toilet.
Men have that unique choice to whip it out and go.

Boys should be trained to aim, it's simple toilet training when they're little.
Hell, put a square of toilet paper on the water and have the kid try to sink it so he learns to hit a target.

Really, other than hypospadia or some medical condition most males can manage to urinate without making any sort of mess.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Yeah I pee standing up.

I tried the sitting down before, I just can't get used to it.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

who is cleaning the bathroom at your house?

i completely understand why that woman made her family pee sitted
it is very disgusting to clean away the urin of other people - even if you love them!

don.t you feel male while sitting?

do you think it is a natural right for men peeing and stand?

and don.t tell me to learn how to aim, nobody can.t aim that good!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with sitting in your own home. You'd be surprised at the amount of incidental splash that goes everywhere when one stands.

Does anyone keep their toothbrush anywhere near their toilet? Ewwww....

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light

who is cleaning the bathroom at your house?

Not me, that's for sure.
I don't do many of the cleaning chores around the house. The bathroom is just always clean, the dishes are done, and clean clothes are always there when you need them.
I do all the handyman stuff, like I'll fix the toilet if it breaks.

That aside, every kid in my family could pee standing without making a mess, and mom did tell us to take some tissue and clean any dribble drops on the rim before we flushed.
With mostly men in my family there was no rules on the toilet seat. Each person was responsible for positioning the seat in the way they required it.

As for my friend.......

Him and his sons also have to close the lid all the time.

How the hell is the cat gonna get a drink.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
be happy that your mom is doing that nasty job!
cleaning the bathroom

it is easy to demand standing while peeing when somebody else is doing all the cleaning stuff

and it spreads wider as you can imagine in your wildest dreams

again: what is wrong being seated while peeing?

in my house the toilet lid is shut down as well!
the cats have own water sources

it is really disgusting to talk about it and read about it

i guess you shouldn.t judge other people for their toilette habits

it is not unmanly to sit!
and it won.t hurt you or anybody else

but standing while doing the job could be a bit respectless to the cleaning girl

but i see you think it is a hard and difficult fate and doesn.t give you certain rights which you think are natural - are they?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Does anyone keep their toothbrush anywhere near their toilet? Ewwww....

You made me think.

I took my toothbrush in the shower yesterday, then I left it up on the top shelf by the shampoo. Since then my husband had a shower, the guy next door had a shower after I cut his hair.

Ewwww...., now I need a new toothbrush today. All those skin cells floating in the shower mist.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

That is the reason I buy those bleach wipes for the toilet. I had a house full of young men, and the bathroom would stink of urine if not for those wipes. I would give them two choices: sit down, or wipe the toilet and around it! I even thought of installing a urinal!

The lid should always be shut so clumsy folk don't drop things in it and not tell anybody!

[edit on 3/29/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Jack Nicholson in the Movie "About Schmidt".

There is a scene where his wife makes sure he was sitting.

Later in the movie, his wife dies of natural causes.

Even later in the movie, Schmidt Stands up and proceeds to "exercise" his ability to change his azimuth and elevation very rapidly. He seemed to be more than just relieved. He seemed FREE!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I try to sit in my own bathroom as often as I can. Humans really haven't perfected the toilet, and there is significant amount of splash back.. and i like walking around barefoot!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ok here is what I do, and what I think all guys should do. I pee standing up. It is just natural for us to do so. The few times I miss, I clean it up! I grab some toilet paper and wipe up the mess. That way the person who usues it after me does not have to sit in it or clean it themselves.

Hey, You're going to be washing your hands anyway right? So if you are a guy and you pee standing up, clean it up if you miss. It takes only a few seconds and quite frankly, it is gross to just leave it. Pee starts to stink after it has had a while to grow bacteria!

I am willing to bet that your friend does not clean up after himself when he pee's standing up and is now paying the price by having to use teh bathroon prison style.

All guys reading this, If you pee and you miss, clean it up for the sake of the person who uses it after you and for the sake of not being disgusting!

If you are living with any females who have to sit, they will greatly appreciate, not having to sit in urine and not having to clean it up themselves!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
My Brother brought friends home one night and woke me up in the process. They were all drunk & very merry.

Three of them were in the bathroom together, one sitting on the lavatory (using the lavatory paper as a scarf), one peeing in the sink and the other peeing in the bath ... and he was having a great time, making spiral patterns the whole length of it ... flapping it in the breeze and screaming "weeeeeeee". He had the cheek to turn and ask if "there was anything in for eating", offending article still in hand. Disgusting, filthy pig.

Men shouldn't be allowed to use a lavatory at all.

They can pee outside for all I care

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The Lass

LOL that made me laugh.

p.s Nice avatar.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Girls need to sit, because they grow faster than boys. If they stood, along with the boys, in alphabetical order, the boys would not show up, say in a picture. Girls grow faster than boys. No mystery.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Girls need to sit, because they grow faster than boys. If they stood, along with the boys, in alphabetical order, the boys would not show up, say in a picture. Girls grow faster than boys. No mystery.

Wait.. what were we talking about again?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I think the topic was about how girls are subservient, but in Amercia, girls grow faster than boys. Boys are shorter,so, girls sit.

It's simple...........LOL!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I know I'm the one speaking out about this, but check this out. Damage to little kids that stand and pee.

Toddlers' toilet seat crush peril
An increasing number of small boys seem to be affected.

An increasing number of small boys may be finding toilet training a more painful experience than they anticipated, say safety experts.

Doctors at one English hospital reported four cases in which a toddler's penis had been injured by a falling toilet seat.

The fashion for heavy wooden and ceramic seats is worsening the problem, they say.

Figures suggest there may be up to 250 similar cases a year in the UK.

Right from the BBC health section:
news.bbc.co.uk...
Complete with a picture of a little kid crying.

I guess if you're still that small that Mr. Winkie is only at the height of the bowl edge you should still be sitting. Ouch....

But I'll still maintain the original intent of the thread.
Men should stand, and I think this mother is wrong for making her husband and sons sit down.

I'm not sure where Blanca Rose was going, nobody is saying girls are subservient. We just have different plumbing, and to perform the same function the females need to sit down to have a slash.

As "The Lass" said,

Men shouldn't be allowed to use a lavatory at all.

They can pee outside for all I care

Perfect.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join