It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19,000 UK credit card details posted on the Net...and accessible on Google

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

19,000 UK credit card details posted on the Net...and accessible on Google

www.dailymail.co.uk

The credit card details of up to 19,000 British shoppers were published on the internet - where they could be found using a simple search on Google.

The details apparently originated from the website of a criminal gang in the Far East.

The list, obtained by the Mail, includes the names, home addresses and full card details of thousands of Visa, Mastercard and American Express customers.

Google's high-powered search engine inadvertently picked up the list during a 'crawl' of the web - allowing it to be seen and copied.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yet another nail in the coffin for the banks and the 'data base' state.

yeeehhaaaa

I saw a program the other night where a man stated that anything can be hacked.. and this here is more proof that any data base is up for hackers to have a go.

Design something today and tomorrow someone else will find a way around it..

As much as I feel sorry for those who may have lost any money or had their privacy invaded, I have no sympathy for this system which believes it is so good that nothing can touch it..

We are constantly seeing mistakes around data being los and this is one of the most embarasing in my mind.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is certainly interesting and as bad as it is for the individuals it's good in that it perfectly illustrates the reality of the situation.

However, whenever I read anything like this, I imagine Jacqui Smith paraphrasing Dean Wormer character in the film 'Animal House', ramping up the situation in a desperate bid to stay in control: "Well, as of this moment, they're on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!"

All she'll see is that this is another opportunity to roll-out some other half-baked scheme as the current situation somehow proves she needs more control, more measures, more databases and more Stalin memorabilia for her desk space.

new topics

join