It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Downtown Chicago cops in full tactical gear on the 26th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Working downtown in Chicago on the 26th 27th, I noticed something strange so I snapped a pic on my phone. Many Chicago cops in the downtown area driving regular squad cars were dressed in olive drab military style clothing and wearing fully loaded tactical vests. No exercises happening that I noticed, just regular beat cops. I snuck one pic of a pair of the cops getting back into their cruiser after getting lunch. Why fully loaded tactical vests and the military garments? I don't know how to post a pic so If someone can share how to I will or if anyone has any info on local events or exercises. I'm not worried, just found it interesting.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I would be interested in seeing the picture.
If you can get the media portal here to work for you, you can upload the file from your PC straight to this website. Then you can imbed the photo directly into the thread.

Apparently you are supposed to be able to just use your login info that you created when you joined this site and then there should be an upload feature. Click it and then browse your PC for the file and hit Okay, or whatever it looks like...
I don't know from there as I've never been able to log into the media portal. (I think it is my screen name here that trips up the system because of the hyphens)

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Bejesus, that sounds abit over the top for a beat cop.
Would love to see this pic.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
U2U me your email address and I can send it to you. Media Portal doesn't seem to be working for me.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
As I said, you can load it up onto photobucket and link it externally.
I don't want an email.
Honestly, I don't believe it.
And even if it is true, I would then wonder if there was some sort of drill going on that you were unaware of.

Do the leg-work yourself.

top topics

join