It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Detection Gadgetry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What kind of gadgetry is this basically? Can we make a simple contraption at home?

All the Gadgetry in ghostbusters the movie, as well as their ghost terminology, like "ectoplasm" etc, is any of that having applications in
the real field of paranormal investigation?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, One thing that I have seen paranormal investigators use is EMF (electro magnetic field) detectors.

The idea is that ghosts feed off of and create a sor ot electrical energy.

I would not know how to build one but I bought one of the internet years ago for around 50 dollars. I have never picked up any strange electrical currents with it though, and I took it to a few haunted hotels too...

Thermo cameras have been used. THe thermo camaras are show temperature. If there is a really cold or hot spot in the room it will show up... That feeds into the idea of cold spots created by ghosts.

The most common ghost hunting tool is a plain old camera.

Ummm, those are the ones off the top of my head that I can think if.

You can do a google search for "ghost hunting equipment" and find more info on what real ghost hunters use.

Of course, there arent any guns that shoot lasers and trap ghosts in little cases or anything,like the ghost busters movie remember, ghostbusters is just a movie.. but there is some really cool equipment out there to play with.

As for terminology, if you were part of a paranormal investigation you would be most likely to hear terms such as orb, ghost, poltergeist, anamoly, etc

[edit on 28-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Also, here are a couple websites that showcase just what ghost hunting equipment really is. This stuff is for sale too.

www.ghost-mart.com...

theghosthunterstore.com...

[edit on 28-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

the ghost hunter store site is excellent. Thank you

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I hear that apparitions are best filmed in a certain frequency of lighting. Is this infra red or ultraviolet?

top topics

join