It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost City on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Man I can never take any of those High Rez images of Mars seriously. They all look like they were built out of toy clay and then photographed.
I do however love the images of Cydonia that were originally taken.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Hey Phag, here is one of those sources you say you want... It is just for the first image, you are own your own with the second - I have credited the researcher, the rest is up to you. ;-)
ida.wr.usgs.gov...

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Exuberant1]

According to Keith Laney, the parent image source for the second image of the "Metropolis/Giza comparison" is this one:

www.msss.com...

Keith Laney's page about the image:
www.keithlaney.net...

On a personal note, you should ALWAYS provide links to sources and images, Exuberant1. No need to make this more difficult for people than necessary if they want to check the sources themselves.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

You mean you believe it's still in use, why do so many conspiracy theorists recently seem to talk as if they know for a fact when you do not. Since the growth of interest in this field it has really been overrun with nonsense.

Also as for the OP, what do we see their other than a couple of impact locations and a few areas eroded over perhaps hundreds of thousands of years to seem a lot larger whilst retaining some of the forms but magnified.

The only thing that remotely like the image too the left is the colour, for christ sake guys no wonder we're becoming an even greater laughing stock than ever.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Like anyone else, I'd be thrilled if there was evidence of ancient habitation of Mars. It would be as exciting as the discovery of Tut's tomb and spark a leap in exploration and new ideas. The childhood dreams of many would be realized in one memorable moment.

Nevertheless, is there a single image that indicates such a thing? I haven't seen any images on ATS or anywhere else that leads me to believe it. Highlights, arrows, close-ups and flashing squares don't make it any more real. Colored areas are even less so.

The image of a 'geodesic dome' is one I haven't seen before. As craters go, it appears to be a very well preserved remnant of the impactor. It seems a little too defined, but I'm open minded. Is there a link to the original? Is there an original? A similar impact crater is seen here...Golubkna Crater.

The next Mars mission will be investigating (amongst other things) the source of the seasonal methane output. It seems a trivial venture when square miles of ancient cities lie beneath the arid lands of Mars.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

On a personal note, you should ALWAYS provide links to sources and images, Exuberant1. No need to make this more difficult for people than necessary if they want to check the sources themselves.

Not really

In this case sources are somewhat irrelevant - I am just speculating..
(besides, no one would actually believe this stuff; civilizations on Mars - insanity.)

I make no claims and if you think that I have, then you have misinterpreted my efforts here. I am speculating.

Please enjoy the amazingly awesome pictures that I post.

Also, feel free to thank me for taking the time to find, upload and post them for you while you are effecting your critique of my efforts ;-)

No matter.

*Here is a radar image that I find to be quite unique. It does not appear to be natural:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23d3c9e10a8c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I make no claims and if you think that I have, then you have misinterpreted my efforts here. I am speculating.

I never said you made any claims so perhaps YOU misinterpreted me?

But you are right, you deserve a thank you for finding and posting the images. Just like the sources and the original researchers deserves to be linked to.

So: Thank you for posting other researchers work.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

Thank you for posting other researchers work.

You are most welcome.

If you take the time to actually read my posts - you will see that the researchers who discovered the THEMIS anomalies have already been accredited.... But that would require you to exert some intellectual rigour.

*I have never claimed to be the discoverer any of the anomalies in these images. ;-P

Do you have any unique images that you would like to post? Or will does that take too much effort?
(Thanks for linking to Laney's site - but I already accredited images to him though....)

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You are most welcome.

If you take the time to actually read my posts - you will see that the researchers who discovered the THEMIS anomalies have already been accredited.... But that would require you to exert some intellectual rigour.

*I have never claimed to be the discoverer any of the anomalies in these images. ;-P

Cheers!

You may never claim to find them yourself but you have taken the time to save them to your hard drive then upload them here to see.
What is so hard to provide the source URL as well?
Would that not give whoever found these pictures the right kind of credit?

THIS is what was asked of you..and it's not an unreasonable request either.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

THIS is what was asked of you..and it's not an unreasonable request either.

Nevertheless...

I am not claiming credit and I am not required to post sources.

I am only required to upload the images that I post and I am to refrain from making dishonest statements about their source and discovery.

I am not obligated to post sources or ancillary data; and I won't when I don't feel like it. ;-P

For Example;

*Here is a picture compilation of what Looks like a space-shuttle - On Mars:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acd69102f4d4.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: ATS member Internos linked to this picture, then I uploaded it. Find the thread it was posted in yourself via post search if you want. I'm too lazy and besides, I already took the time to upload it and say it was Internos who posted it....;-)

Thanks Internos!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Im not saying anything is living there right now.
but maybe something was living there couple million years ago.

I would love to be a geologist on mars.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Source: ATS member Internos linked to this picture, then I uploaded it. Find the thread it was posted in yourself via post search if you want. I'm too lazy and besides, I already took the time to upload it and say it was Internos who posted it....;-)

I am not too lazy. The image is from the OP in a thread created by Conspiracy Master internos. Here you can find all the necessary links to sources, since Internos does things the right way:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30/3/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Still in use, most of what we're seeing. That's the thing, by many species of ets.
Primarily greys though. The real mystery is whether human liasons are occurring with the black projects.

OH COME ON! how can you possibly state that
you have NO way of proving that. 10 OUT OF 10 for imagination thats certain, what will you say when all the missions photographing the moon allow us to see these objects in hi-res and we see just rocks boulders etc.

Some examples from earth do these look natural

k43.pbase.com...

apvward.com...

This is the best one imagine you guys seeing this on the moon or mars you may think they are moon seals on a low res picture

farm1.static.flickr.com...

What do you think.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by wmd_2008]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAnonUK

As an experiencer, it is a fact, that some do not realize. Enough said.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Now, a lot of these images from mars and the moon that are showing up in this thread have been explained in the past, at least to my satisfaction anyway. I mean sure, there are people who still press specific photos and images as genuine years after they've been explained as normal, prosaic phenomena (geologically or photographically) such as RCH and a slew of others. I however left the question open that their original premise could have some basis in fact. That is: ET constructs lurking in our solar system.

The specific image I've posted originally has never been met with a practical explanation, and I can never seem to winnow out the element of the extraordinary or unbelievable in it. It presents a problem that just won't go away - a sprawling array of enormous, artificial-looking structures.

Now, a few people in here have made replies stating matter-of-factly all kinds of ideas founded in fantasy and in areas we have no evidence. Someone said there are "ETs active there now" and some even went on describe in detail things we absolutely do not know about or possibly COULD know about them.

We just know there is something very large there that doesn't belong where it is. That's the starting point.

If we didn't put it there, and natural geological mechanisms didn't put it there, how in the world did it come to be? Who or what is responsible for its existence?

There's nothing wrong with saying it could have been extraterrestrials. But saying what kind of beings they were, or ascribing ANY properties to these entities that we know nothing about is baseless. Saying UFOs are connected to all space-related anomalies isn't very reasonable, and neither is saying these proposed entities are still active in our neighborhood today.

But if we're going to share opinions and speculate under the presumption that aliens are responsible for these things, I might as well share my own.

Given what I know what biology is capable of, the age of the solar system, how the moon came to be, and what is assumed regarding ETI in the universe - whatever force put these things there is incredibly ancient, and incredibly strange.

It doesn't seem to be concerned with or to be associated with life on this planet today aside from being next door from what evidence that does exist. There doesn't appear to be any other traces of "them" or "it" either, as far as what can be examined is concerned.

I mean, if we go onto suppose that NASA really is concerned with keeping a lid on something up there, and is as careful about what people know about it as they appear, chances are it's certainly not a very pretty truth.

Considering the universe is a very arbitrary and chaotic place and that incredibly bizarre things are possible, there is no reason to believe that whatever is responsible for these anomalies to be anything short of an absolute, cosmic amalgamation of horrors (to put it VERY romantically)

If what is up there is what I believe it to be in this scenario, then I'm not sure even the most optimistic of believer-types are going to be happy with what comes from it.

...if these aeon-worn, eroded structures are any semblance of their former architecture - they alone could be testament to the monstrous nature of their creators.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I appreciate having an 'experiencer' on ATS. It does take bravery, either way. I'd rather have you here than not ;-)

Have you ever seen images of any of the trees on Mars?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dea467cf8edc.jpg[/atsimg]

From Bluebird's Files ( at the Pegasus Research Consortium):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2966893a15f1.jpg[/atsimg]

*Some misguided individuals have even gone so far as to delude themselves into believing that the trees are a geological phenomena...

...It really is pathetic; especially when considering the amount of self-deception one must perform in order to accommodate such confabulations.

*Here is an example image of the kind of martian geology that some misguided individuals have managed to confuse with martian biology (trees), and which they will continually use in order to delude themselves and others:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ed157ac733c.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I hope you will excuse the pun, but we are just going over the same ground here, time after time. As one example, the martian "trees" have been examined in detail & shown to be geological formations. I think it was Phage that covered that subject off again quite recently.
The Cyclonia images have been shown clearly to be compression artefacts on a number of threads.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Do you have any images or video to contribute?

Do you have anything else besides baseless critique and uncorroborated opinion to offer?

*Here are some images that contain UFOs - Very interesting, considering they were taken on Mars:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67d149192cbf.jpg[/atsimg]

(Object is right above the Horizon...)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e60907319ae2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df7ede9b0f74.jpg[/atsimg]

*Perhaps NASA secretly sent a few aerial probes to Mars and neglected to inform the taxpayers who fund their operations.

Mystiq, what do you make of these objects?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Here's some more of those 'trees' growing on mars.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus!

Here are some nice pictures of the rich atmosphere that sustains much of the Martian life - Beautiful clouds at low altitude and whose composition was published by an agency proven/known to tell lies and manipulate data:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a215802a7a5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d1e1a50655c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/623819ddd52a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LogicalResponse

Though this thread is Mars related, have a look at this thread if you haven't so far, of amazing Moon images!

Uncensored NASA Moon Images!

And my You Tube vid here...

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join