It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Before The Military Steps Up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't hear any discussion on this in the MSM, but there are those in our Military that see that our Constitution is being ravaged, that our economy is being destroyed from forces both foreign and domestic, and that a new "armed force" is being built up to replace, even oppose them, at some point will the act to stop the fall of America?

Understand, this is not the most desirable outcome since once a military takes control of the government, it is often hard to convince them to give that power up...but is this more desirable than having our country ruined and turned into an economic wasteland and forced to give up all sovereignty and freedom as we are pushed into the "one world government"?

Do you think there is a possibility of the military stepping up and cleaning house?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
We need a modern-day George Washington. A man of true lawful moderate views. Someone capable of rallying support, and willing to be selflessly allow Democracy to work.

We don't have anyone like that in positions of power, today, because the whole system has been infiltrated for 50 years. So, anyone who could have had that honor, has been weeded out and substituted with the tools of the system.

I honestly feel that the only option we have, are our trusted Libertarian leaders, who believe that the States have the power and authority to challenge our federal system, by a majority.

And, if that happens, we have to remain calm and lawful, in the interim (in the face of opposition that will be pushed to the outside of the system), and, somehow, by the power of critical-thinking and true purpose, we can reestablish a Union based on the Freedoms of our Bill of Rights.

No change is easy, but the alternative, of suffering through the sufferable, is unacceptable in a country where our privacy and freedoms have been completely invaded. Big brother is here, today.

And, now the president that promised to bring out troops home, is escalating our military presence in countries, where their own people should be revolting. Where is our morality? Didn't we learn, in Vietnam and Iraq, that we can not be the world's police, without the support of the people in the region.

Where is our outrage about Tibet? Why are we being so chicken about standing up to China? They have all of our manufacturing, that's why they've got us by the tail.

Demand freedom and justice!

O-315

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMicrophone

I have a concern that runs parallel with your question.

With Obama's civil defense program being signed, and with so many troops oversea's, he could use it as a shield against such a military uprissing. Who knows how many troops will be sent out. He's already beefing up Afganistan, so whats the next hot spot to require thousands of troops? Iran, North Korea, China? Any would do.

The US military is stretched and I have heard their mechanized units in the middle east will not be returning to action, requiring billions for new units of tanks,etc. So while Obama's civilian defense force is training and building up, the real military will be off fighting for who knows what unjust reason the powers to be dream up, and the troops will return to find the civil defense force standing firmly infront of the federal government.

I hope my concern is just my imagination, because I couldn't see US marines shooting down 18-25 year old civil defense forces. Its the perfect shield for the government.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by organism315
I honestly feel that the only option we have, are our trusted Libertarian leaders, who believe that the States have the power and authority to challenge our federal system, by a majority.

And, if that happens, we have to remain calm and lawful, in the interim (in the face of opposition that will be pushed to the outside of the system), and, somehow, by the power of critical-thinking and true purpose, we can reestablish a Union based on the Freedoms of our Bill of Rights.

I would hope that also, but I am afraid that or culture has been so programmed to be Knee Jerk that when it all crashes down, the populous will take whatever is offered in the way of financial relief without consideration to our Constitution, which has probably been the plan all along.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
reply to post by MrMicrophone

I have a concern that runs parallel with your question.

With Obama's civil defense program being signed, and with so many troops oversea's, he could use it as a shield against such a military uprissing. Who knows how many troops will be sent out. He's already beefing up Afganistan, so whats the next hot spot to require thousands of troops? Iran, North Korea, China? Any would do.

The US military is stretched and I have heard their mechanized units in the middle east will not be returning to action, requiring billions for new units of tanks,etc. So while Obama's civilian defense force is training and building up, the real military will be off fighting for who knows what unjust reason the powers to be dream up, and the troops will return to find the civil defense force standing firmly infront of the federal government.

Good point. But what it the objective was to NOT replenish our hardware? What if the reason we are increasing troop size is to get them out of the country so they wouldn't be able to effect change?

I am deeply troubled that most people I talk with are "worried" or "very concerned" but are willing to take no proactive action like calling a congressman or senator. I guess it just hasn't "gotten bad enough yet".

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMicrophone
Good point. But what it the objective was to NOT replenish our hardware? What if the reason we are increasing troop size is to get them out of the country so they wouldn't be able to effect change?

Even more worrisome, what if the troops they are sending out are the ones most opposed to the federal government, and leaving the defenders of the system at home.

As for action, I am Canadian so all I can do is offer moral support to the defenders of the real constitution of the USA through site's like this. Keep up the fight.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
They won't step up. The military leadership knows who butters their bread, and it's not the people, nor the constitution. Their retirement would be in jeopardy, and they can't have that. They'll do what they are told, when they are told, and they'll do it to secure their personal future.

top topics

join