It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG director named to Obama tax task force

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I hear ya. I do my best. I present the information, I make my phone calls and emails. I coordinate. It's just difficult for people to remove themselves from their own comfort zones. Eventually it will become more uncomfortable to maintain the comfort zones as our entire nations is systematically disassembled from within.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This makes me mad and the deployment of more troops makes me mad, but I'm not giving up my support yet.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Jesus what will it take? You wanted change and you got Bush with a nicer smile and deeper tan. You didn't want to be spied on, but he voted YES on the FISA amendments making it legal to do so, he voted YES on the Protect America Act, voted YES on the USA PATRIOT Act, voted YES on the Home Grown Terrorism Act, voted YES on retroactive immunity for AT&T, Sprint, Nextel, AllTel, and Verizon, for HELPING the government illegally spy on us. If anything he rubber stamped much of the damage of the Bush Administration along with most of the leading members of the Democratic and Republican Congress.

I abandoned support for this broken system already. They don't give a flying # about you at all. Policy has not changed, it has in fact expanded upon the foundations with which they were created. I understand wanting things to go well for the sake of us all, but the facts are against this.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TailoredVagabond

Originally posted by David9176
I wonder what his teleprompter will say about this?

...are you saying he is the FIRST President, or first person to use a teleprompter???....EVER???

...talk to me when you've gone back in time and gotten Dubya to pen at least ONE of his own speeches.......................................and not *SNIP* it up!

Obama writes about 70% of his speeches himself (there are much more articulate people employed to 'dress up' his messages, but they ARE his own messages)....

I think you should stop listening to "Rush Limp-now" and get your own material...

[edit on 28/3/2009 by TailoredVagabond]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/28/2009 by Hal9000]

So um.... I'm not quite sure how to put this, but....

I THINK YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT HERE

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
This makes me mad and the deployment of more troops makes me mad, but I'm not giving up my support yet.

why would the deployment make you mad? They are being deployed here in the US and in Afghanistan. After all their job is to combat the enemies of this nation. Also if you are in the USA sadly, please leave and go someplace that will make you happy. I hear France is the place to be right now. If you still support him after all that he has done then I suggest you re-think which side you are on because riding the fence is just not an option. Personally I believe we all know what do do, its just nobody has the nads to be the first one to do it, myself included.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BanzaiBoy
I'm not surprised that the Obama Administration picked a former AIG executive to come work for the administration. I am definitely glad I did not vote for him. My father voted for Obama and I my father told me the other day that he regrets his decision. I wonder when the sheeple will wake up.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by BanzaiBoy]

considering how much he got from AIG I'm not surprised either.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I wonder what his teleprompter will say about this?

...are you saying he is the FIRST President, or first person to use a teleprompter???....EVER???

...talk to me when you've gone back in time and gotten Dubya to pen at least ONE of his own speeches.......................................and not *SNIP* it up!

Obama writes about 70% of his speeches himself (there are much more articulate people employed to 'dress up' his messages, but they ARE his own messages)....

I think you should stop listening to "Rush Limp-now" and get your own material...

[edit on 28/3/2009 by TailoredVagabond]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/28/2009 by Hal9000]

I think you should listen to Rush more often. According to your profile you are in the UK. I understand they have disarmed the population and taken away the manhood of most who live there. In payment for that they have given you a virtual police state. Your prison is a pretty one, but still a prison where you can't even photograph or video tape the police. But you know so much about Obama and our country. I hope you are joking and really do have a sense of humor, even if it is at the gallows. It doesn't matter who writes the speeches or how he pushes them onto the people. The fact that most of the people who voted for him, voted for him because he was not Bush. It shows how ignorant the people are and how the "liberal/corporate controlled media can poison the population. when its too late and the masses finally notice, there is nobody to stand with them. I ask you this, is the UK what happens before or after the masses realize its too late?

[edit on 28-3-2009 by 31337]

[edit on 28-3-2009 by 31337]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by jd140

And the only reason he won a second term is because John Kerry was the biggest douche bag in DNC history. He didn't have his act together at all and even if he had run a decent campaign it wouldn't have made a difference. His platform was EXACTLY the same as Bush's at the time.

Actually, he lost because that CIA operative known as Bin Ladin released a video before the elections to trick the dumb masses. Again.

Americans deserve what's coming to them for believing everything they're told. Keep bending over, please!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

reply to post by jd140

And the only reason he won a second term is because John Kerry was the biggest douche bag in DNC history. He didn't have his act together at all and even if he had run a decent campaign it wouldn't have made a difference. His platform was EXACTLY the same as Bush's at the time.

Actually, he lost because that CIA operative known as Bin Ladin released a video before the elections to trick the dumb masses. Again.

Americans deserve what's coming to them for believing everything they're told. Keep bending over, please!

You are working on the assumption that Kerry and Bush are not working for the same people.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Now this pisses me off. This is blatant disrespect for the American people. Obama has seriously turned out to be nothing more than another liar.

When will this country wake up to what this man represents? I'm not a conservative. I railed against conservative BS all through the Bush years, but this is so blatant that I don't even think Bush would have the balls to do this. We are being fooled and it is right in front of us. Obama's popularity is going to break down the more he does stupid crap like this.

4 year president. If we have a country that long.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Awe isnt that cute, you actually believed... so cute..

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TailoredVagabond

You've got a problem.

Don't come attacking me like i'm some crazed Bush supporter which is exactly what you did.

I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh either...in fact I can't stand him.

Read my former posts...and act a bit more respectful to others eh?

His problem is that he often contradicts what his speeches are..which come off the teleprompter.

He does it..i've seen it.

So please spare me the BS.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Awe isnt that cute, you actually believed... so cute..

Don't do that man. Do you think Bush supporters can say the same? People have been fooled for a long time..from both parties.

Many are just starting to see it now. Republicans made that mistake with Bush..and now Democrats have done it with Obama.

We are all on the same team...some just aren't in the game yet!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

No I didn't actually believe. I wanted to, there's a difference. I did enough research before Obama ever made it to office to make me change my mind about him. It was difficult and for a long time I could find very few reasons to be against his election, but I pressed on and found the truth.

All that said, your snide response is ridiculous and unnecessary. You have added nothing to the conversation by doing so. I recommend you think before you post, try to determine if what you are posting is of any real significance to the conversation. Because if you're not helping..........

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Obama has seriously turned out to be nothing more than another liar.

Ya think?

When will this country wake up to what this man represents?

They won't: He's obama the messiah! he can do no wrong!!

Obama's popularity is going to break down the more he does stupid crap like this.

No, see above.

Why anything this megalomaniac does still surprises people is beyond me.

TheAssociate

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

They don't give a flying # about you at all. Policy has not changed, it has in fact expanded upon the foundations with which they were created.

Now THAT is right on. THAT is the truth.

Now what does our country do about it?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xman_in_blackx

Start making demands. People are WAY to silent about the state of affairs. Autonomy is cherished here but it should not be allowed to become confinement from the status of the Nation. Do some symbolic things like sending the tea bags or handles of tea bags. Send letters to the IRS with a piece of paper with IUO written on it.

Show up to protests, look them up on google and clear your schedule for them. Talk to people, refer them to the information that is relevant. This is how one mounts a movement. You have to start moving first.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
and the sad part is, most people wont even care...

its basically payback for AIG's bonus to obama, but with this whole AIG scandal, obama is throwing it in our faces, why wont people open there eyes and see...

even nay sayers have to admit its just one more step for the NWO takeover,

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

I'm just curious where is the line when you give up support. And this goes for any Obama supporter really.

Every single day, something new comes out to show what a complete incompetent man he is and how he is screwing this country more and more and really doesn't care what we the people think. I cant even keep up with all the crap coming out. Seriously, I feel so far behind on the latest developments.

What has Obama done so far that makes you happy he is our president? And this is a serious question. I want to know what I am missing and what I am not seeing - as to why ANYONE still supports this man and thinks he is great for this country.

[edit on 3/30/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Things would be like this with anyone right now.

I will give up support when he makes a stupid decision that he is doing without any consideration for it's effects, that no one else would do, that ruins the country.

I don't give blind faith. Instead, I actually think his mind is in the right place. I love Obama because I think he stands for something great. People think that's a good reason to call me a sheep or whatever, but in all honestly, I'm not completely unhappy right now. Life isn't awesome but if anyone else were elected EXCEPT maybe Ron Paul, we would all still be right here. Don't go expecting miracles.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You could say he knows the system better than anybody.

If his intentions are good, it's a good move, but there's too much on his plate to be crooked now - you know, with everyone watching...

Give it time, it can't get THAT much worse

Obama has no good intentions what so ever.. because he is a puppet, and his masters are far from having good intentions

are you confident with that last statement sir?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join