It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG director named to Obama tax task force

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

AIG director named to Obama tax task force

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- One of the people named this week to President Obama's new Task Force on Tax Reform is a member of the AIG board of directors.

Martin Feldstein, a professor of economics at Harvard University, has been on the board of American International Group since 1988. He also was a prominent economic adviser to Presidents Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.

Asked about the AIG connection, a senior administration official said Friday that the White House declined to comment on the story.

Like the others named to the tax reform task force, Feldstein also serves on Obama's Economic Recovery Advisory Board, which is headed by former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker.

Joining Feldstein on the task force are Laura Tyson of the University of California at Berkeley and a former chairman of President Bill Clinton's Council of Economic Advisers; Roger Ferguson, CEO of TIAA-CREF; and Bill Donaldson, a former chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission.

In a teleconference briefing Wednesday, Office of Management and Budget Director Peter Orszag said Obama believes the "prospective members of the board would be especially well-suited to carry out the mission of tax reform."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-3-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Now this pisses me off. This is blatant disrespect for the American people. Obama has seriously turned out to be nothing more than another liar.

When will this country wake up to what this man represents? I'm not a conservative. I railed against conservative BS all through the Bush years, but this is so blatant that I don't even think Bush would have the balls to do this. We are being fooled and it is right in front of us. Obama's popularity is going to break down the more he does stupid crap like this.

4 year president. If we have a country that long.

www.cnn.com

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
You're right, Bush was slicker than this. He was no better, but he didn't come out and SAY it until the end of his terms.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Political payback at its fullest.

I see the game now. We aren't nationalizing the banks, the bankers are transferring ownership from private corporation to government organization.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
And they get to retire on our dime in the process. I can't believe we've allowed our elected officials to sell this country off. A few will live in luxury and safety, while the majority of us will lose our wealth, our dignity, and our country.

Every day revolution looks good. But I have to hope that common sense will eventually prevail without a drop of blood shed.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I give up.

I just got done reading the Rolling Stone article about the whole AIG thing, and now this. I friggin give up.

Revolution? Who do you even revolt against? There's no one person or organization or entity to blame. A revolution wouldn't do any good. I'm hardly a doomsayer, but sweet jeezus, a clean slate for humanity almost looks preferable at this point.

With Bush, I always knew to expect shenanigans, so when they happened, it wasn't that big of a deal. But when somebody comes in touting Hope and Change, and then they pull trick after trick, it stings a little. Two-faced presidents, shady corporations, rich politicians and businessmen giving each other handjobs and cleaning up with hundred-dollar-bills while the commonfolk of America suffer. And those aren't even conspiracies. Those are the things that are on friggin CNN these days.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Now this pisses me off. This is blatant disrespect for the American people. Obama has seriously turned out to be nothing more than another liar.

When will this country wake up to what this man represents? I'm not a conservative. I railed against conservative BS all through the Bush years, but this is so blatant that I don't even think Bush would have the balls to do this. We are being fooled and it is right in front of us. Obama's popularity is going to break down the more he does stupid crap like this.

4 year president. If we have a country that long.

www.cnn.com

I think Bush may have been the last 8 year President we will have seen in a long time.

The people are sick of the way the government has been running our Country and will elect a new President each election until one does what he is suppose to do.

Now only if we can get the populace in the same frame of mind when it comes to Congress.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
OMFG, i have seen some patronage appointments in my time,as a canadian citizen( smaller government, so it is easier to see lol) but this even boggles my mind as far as credibility goes for the new prez. bush pushed the "in your face", "i'll do what i want cause i am the prez" crap, but for obama to do this when AIG is taking all of the blame for the recession!!! then again, who better to find a way around the IRS and get away with it lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Are F-ing kidding me? Can anyone actually stand up and justify what this man is doing to our county, are there any Obama supporters left? Of course there are they are what i call the true blind deaf and dumb!

Dang that Pesky Constitution if only it did not exists we could have Emperor Obama!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

And the only reason he won a second term is because John Kerry was the biggest douche bag in DNC history. He didn't have his act together at all and even if he had run a decent campaign it wouldn't have made a difference. His platform was EXACTLY the same as Bush's at the time.

This is why I'm not surprised that Obama turned out to be Bush on steroids.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well they all wanted their "change" and that's what they got. The change is, that instead of doing it behind your back, he does it right in your face

It still amazes me how many people actually fell for his "change" platform and voted for him. Sad thing is, is that even with his latest blantant, in your face disregard for the American people they'll still think he's gonna be the one to save us all.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm not surprised. Obama, McCain, Clinton, and Chris Dodd are in no way innocent when it comes to this AIG disaster. They all received lots of money from the company (so did Bush), the connection is a no brainer and I don't see how people excuse it.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm not terribly surprised either. But this is pretty damned blatant. I think Obama is turning out to not be the thinker everyone made him out to be.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Politicians, they're all the same. Promise one thing, and then do the other. Bush, now Obama. This nonsense will not end until there is a viable third party candidate (like a Ron Paul) who gets elected to REALLY change Washington.

There are other political parties out there, but nothing significant enough to really put a dent in the Dems or Repubs.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Seems like I remember during the election some people (myself?) asking "What change?" and "What will he do different". Well, now it's clear what the change is. Sadly, faced with the prospect of McSame, I had to vote for the man to understand his idea of change.

We will be experiencing this change (barring a revolution) for 4 years: more poverty, more despair, more pain, more unemployment, more regulation, more taxation, and hope only that someday this will end. May everyone survive; but if I had money to bet with, I would bet that many won't.

Starvation is a terrible thing.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yup. It's definitely time for another Revolution, that's for damned well sure!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
- Thomas Jefferson

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I can't wait to hear how the die hard Obama supporters will back up this action. When I'm talking to people at work about Obama and his polices I always ask them a very simple question "If someone has a gun to your head, how long do you stand there thinking that person has a good reason for doing that?" This appointment is just another in a long line already of political payback and just when I think I can't get anymore disgusted this gov't is taking from the Pres to the Dems to Reps that vote for these policies, Obama goes and does something like this. I never knew that a level of disappointment coud be so deep and sinking to a new low everyday.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Talk about a freaking mistake, I *SNIP* up royally for voting for this man. This is not the change I had in mind. I was upset with Bush, now I am upset, scared and just as pissed as before. "We The People" means nothing anymore. I believe at this point we could file for asylum with another nation claiming governmental persecution at this point. I thought I would never say this but I want Bush back, this country will not survive 4 years of this #. This video is how I feel at this point too..

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-3-2009 by alienj]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/28/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It gets worse day by day.

The line that sticks out most to me is this...

"The White House declined to comment on the story"...

In other words,"We do not have a good reason besides ones that suit OUR agenda, so we will just not say anything at all".

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
It gets worse day by day.

The line that sticks out most to me is this...

"The White House declined to comment on the story"...

In other words,"We do not have a good reason besides ones that suit OUR agenda, so we will just not say anything at all".

Transparency in government? What transparency? I'm still looking for it. Oh, and I made sure to pay my taxes early this year. Didn't want Obama getting wind of my slackness, and trying to put me in a cabinet post!

nenothtu out

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join