It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London bankers warned to dress down amid violence fears

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

London bankers warned to dress down amid violence fears

au.biz.yahoo.com

The city of London is bracing for widespread disruption over the next week as protesters plan a wave of anti-capitalist demonstrations in the lead-up to the G20 summit of world leaders next week.

Police have warned workers in the financial district to dress down and not draw attention to themselves as protesters target bankers in what is feared will be violent clashes on the scale of the May Day anti-globalisation protests from 2000 and 2001
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.independent.co.uk
business.timesonline.co.uk

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
it seems like britain and italy are the only countries protesting against the capitalist's that started the world economic crisis . are there more planned ?? surely if enough voices are heard then some action must be taken . unless it blacked out??
the whole world is suffering from this crisis caused by the greed of people who i think have become to detached from normal life earning massive wages and not gving a toss what happens further down the ladder

au.biz.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Not too sound like a fear monger, cause Im not, but when I read this article, I got a very nasty feeling in my gut. I all of the sudden started to think -well what if it gets soo bad, that they wont show us these things on T.V, then cut off any other sort of communication that us civilians use to communicate with that part of the world, how would we know?-
I am really not liking any of this as each day passes.
I am a guy who is usually a good judge of peoples character, and a lot more than often, I havent been seeing many good sides of people, but more along the lines of true selfs. Its quite scary. I wish our Govt. werent so corrupt, but that is like asking a horse not to be a horse. These are very bad times.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
While I don't blame any one people (citizens of a nation) for the mess we're in, I do feel that those who have proclaimed themselves our 'leaders' and 'moguls of industry and finance' deserve whatever inconvenience this raises for them.

Here in the US the media apparatus is so powerful and effectively moderated as to make it almost excusable (almost) that the citizens are dazed and befuddled' about the entire affair. (Remember, in the US we hardly even hear about the tent-cities, the profligacy of the wealthy, or even the nearly doctrinal adherence to the 'bankers must be saved' paradigm.)

But many in the old world know that this 'movement' of control and financial domination began THERE (Vatican and London). I hope they have the strength to make a point.

This in no way absolves the failings of the U.S. leadership's boldfaced corruption and subservience to the soon-to-be Supranational Elite Industrialists and Financiers. After all, they created the "Washington, District of Columbia" city-state as well.

I only hope that some of humanity can maintain a record of true history, because if things go poorly, those who know or pursue the truth will be tomorrow's dissidents and terrorists. And we all know how easy it is now for the establishment to make people like that 'go away.'

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I beleive i read the very same article today at work in the Metro? Look at the wording "Anti-capitalists" "Anti-globalisation", telling bankers to dress down so we dont know its them? Who's side are they on i ask?
I thought that paper was neutral but i guess its not. Personally i welcome all protests and riots that may take place in london and i hope those damn bankers get there check books rammed into there...
Anyway, We'll see.
Did anyone hear about the banker who had his mansion attacked?
I praise those that did it!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

it happened with the polltax riots in london in 1990 there was very little coverage of what went on . i only found out about the riots 18months later. if this saturday is anything like the link below then i fear all hope is lost
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

according to the news his neighbours were surprised it had taken so long to happen and not taken aggrieved in any way

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It's merely the media trying to make it sound bad so that any normal people thinking of going will think twice, it's all merely a ploy to reduce the numbers, hopefully even more will turn up, but then again they may set off a false flag and we'll all get vaporised while we're down there. I mean think of it, 3 million people dead, all the world leaders dead, "Al-Quaida" on the rampage, who would deliver us from such evil????

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

Hopefully the internet can be the judge this time!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

Most of Europe has had some sort of activity lately...

Romania
France
UK
Ireland
Italy
Greece
Serbia
Ukraine
Czech
Lithuania
Latvia
Estonia

Malaysia

Not all, but, you get the point...

[edit on 3/27/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

sorry i forgot all the ia countrys are in europe now, thanks for the info

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
These anti capitalist demo's have been going on for nigh on ten years now.

We are not fightng back as such - just a few people doing it in dribs and drabs.

However, I am noticing a growing sense of dissatisfaction here.

The problem is, most only express this when it starts to directly interfere with the purchase of a new widescreen TV, car, dishwasher etc etc

This government (UK) has been out of control for some time, but only now are people getting upset about it, because only now are they really starting to feel the pinch.

The only thing that will happen is that the tories will get voted in next year.

The G20 protests will be widely reported, and doubtless there will be some trouble, but really all that will do is give someone on ATS the chance to create a thread that gets lots of replies.

Sad but true - people just don't care, apart from a few.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

the've spent £10,000,000 on extra policing so theres bound to be a bit of bother . i promise i wont place a thread about the violence, if there is any?
its human nature to get riled up in a crowd ,we're a pack animal.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The British Government just do not listen. They think that because they have been elected that they know it all and that their way is the right way.
They seem to be as less caring than Thatchers government and appear to react with a cold hearted determinism and arrogence that i for one haven't seen in years. I can't say that i am not shocked, it has gone passsed all that. Mr Brown inviting that evil bitch Thatcher for tea. What is going on? That woman and her government recked this country and brought on greed unpressidented in history to the level it is today. Capitalise on everything and that's exactly what she done. Nothing is owned at grass roots level anymore and everything has a price and run for profit as opposed to gain. Life is cheap, because no one cares and the fabric of society has slowly been erroded away over the years. Our streets are full of everyone trying to make a living and our kids running around with knives and guns because they feel life is a violent nintendo game.
One example: If local councils can stash away 50million quid in an Icelandic bank, why can't they give something back to their citizens? With that kind of money there should be no one homeless, or out of a job or anyone going hungry or poorly educated. How dare they, yet the Government let them do what the hell they like. I thought they were meant to lead by example! I am very upset and feel very let down but the Government i elected, because i trusted them more than anyone else. Never will i vote tory, but this lot seem to be their invisable buddies. Very shocking indeed.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Britons would not indulge in any violent acitivity and most definitely would not damage property. We respect such things.

So don't blame any attacks, violence, vandalism etc on Britons.

Sadly, not everyone living in Britain is British

Of course, the NWO is not British, so I wouldn't put anything past them
Think about who really benefits ......

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

true ,the brits do respect authority and property . but we are also a bloody good bunch of scrappers when cornered , history has proved that time and time again. undefeated world war champions etc. if labour is so bad and noody wou.ld touch the tories whos left , the monster raving looney party or the BNP who do seem to be gaining in popularity. you hint that the problems are caused by non nationals, where do you draw the line . a sri lankan man who refused to serve people who couldnt speak english and won awards from national papers for his pro brit beliefs has now lost his job . he was sidled out to another offfice job then forced out . that story had me climbing the walls. somebody came here ,worked hard and was proud of his new country was forced out of a job . how many illegals are working here putting simillar people out of work. the whole PC buisness has gone mental . if you chose to [and are allowed to]live here then you should learn the language and abide by the rules in force, failure to do so causes segragation and resentment caused by the immigrant not the british but shout the race card and every body bends over for them

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

the only thing maggie did that was note worthy were zero tolerance of hijackers/terrorists and the falklands war. you say she and brown met recently , could that be anything to do with the argentinians requesting talks as to the soverighnty of the falklands. to which the uk government said dont even go there [shortened version]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by da pickles

it seems like britain and italy are the only countries protesting against the capitalist's that started the world economic crisis . are there more planned ?? surely if enough voices are heard then some action must be taken . unless it blacked out??

Well, that not exactly true. The country that hosts the WTO meetings tend to have the highest number of nationals at the protests, but when it was here, lots of Americans and Canadians, etc.

Most of the people who protest these sorts of things tend to be poor, and cant afford to travel the world just to get hit with rubber bullets.

I do think it would be nice if more people DID protest these people. I would like to see a worldwide labor strike that lasted the entire time they were meeting. THAT would scare the pants off them, much more so than an angry group waving signs and chanting. They dont care about our feelings, so making our feelings known means little. They know how we feel about it. Striking would make them care because they DO care about productivity.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Britons would not indulge in any violent acitivity and most definitely would not damage property. We respect such things.

So don't blame any attacks, violence, vandalism etc on Britons.

Maybe you the Brits arent as adept at it as some other cultures, (parts of this video are funny, the fighting looks sort of restrained and violent all together) but that doesnt mean you are too respectful to attempt it.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
People everywhere know they have been duped -
They know the "system" is not protecting them -
The writing is (in big black bold letters )- on the wall -
They should take their money out of the banks -
and use it to sure up their own survival -
Stock up and let this criminal, broken, fictitious system fall -
so we can rebuild already -

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>