It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Safety of world at stake in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Obama: Safety of world at stake in Afghanistan

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Obama, saying "the terrorists who planned and supported the 9/11 attacks are in Pakistan and Afghanistan," announced a new strategy Friday to confront the growing threat in the two countries.
He said the "situation is increasingly perilous" in the region, and 2008 was the deadliest year for U.S. forces in the fight against the Taliban and al Qaeda in Afghanistan. And he announced plans for 4,000 more troops in Afghanistan, new legislation that would help the economies in Pakistan and Afghanistan, more training to bolster Afghan security forces and an increase in civilian expertise to help develop Afghanistan's economic, social and governmental institutions
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
My favorite quote in the article is "The United States of America did not choose to fight a war in Afghanistan"

Our troops must have miracled themselves over there with equipment and weapons.

I guess my real question is what is really going on over there, is it simply terrorists? Why are we building up more forces over there? Come on all you theorists, throw out your best ideas of the hidden Afghan agendas.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
here we go again . looks like this is never going to end.

and i just got a breaking news message on my mobile phone saying that Obama mentioned alqaida and that they are planing to atack america.

i don't think that this thing will ever end , not in my life time i think

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think for that very reason, I've been quietly ignoring the whole Afghan conflict, it just keeps popping up and I keep ignoring it, but it's back again. I guess I'll start paying better attention.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Who knows but I think all the current events suggest a collapse of Pakistan as a state.

It's also possiable that a new front on the "war on terror" may open up in Pakistan to stop those pesky terrorists from obtaining nuclear weapons.

But for the US to open a new front they would need alot more troops.

They would also need support from their allies the good old coalition of the willing.

This could play out in many ways.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Funny how Obama can make this situation sound so dire in his presser today when just the other day he renamed the war on terror by calling it an "Overseas Contingency Operation". That phrase sounds harmless enough eh?

I'm sure the Taliban and al Qaeda are eating this up. If this situation is so bad, call it what it is and throw the entire might of the US into the region and end it as quickly as possible. The faster this happens the fewer the casualties.

He speaks of Afghanistan like he spoke of the economy. One day its solid the next day we are on the brink of depression, stimulus passes, then all of the sudden it's not so bad after all.

I can only imagine what is really going on in Afghanistan.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian

But for the US to open a new front they would need alot more troops.

They would also need support from their allies the good old coalition of the willing.

It's a giant chess game we are lowering our troops levels in Iraq that will free up more men and material also NATO does not need that many American troops either Europe is pretty stable for the moment.

Key locations in the next four years Pakistan and S Korea.
Stay tuned people

Emergency Broadcast - New World Order Ahead!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
More fear tactics.

I'm sorry Mr. Obama but your fear tactics won't work. We had 8 years of Bush tactics your world government brainwashing fear tactics won't work on us. We want the change you campaigned for.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is like watching a game of 'Find the Lady' or a 'Cup and Ball' scam game. Turn enough cups over and it looks like eventually you'll find the ball. However, there's no #ing ball under the cups, no matter how many goes you take and money you throw at it.

How many cups or countries are going to be turned over in this? How many lives and how much money is going to be thrown at it?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The more troops they send there the more it will take peoples minds off the economic crisis. This could be the plan because thousands of Russians died there and if you want a killing field for American soldiers without many geopolitical risks Afganistan is your best bet.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ill tell you why we are sending more attention and troops over there.
Its a natural gas pipeline for Conoco.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Afghanistan is the grave yard of empires. We're just the latest dopes to keep pumping resources in while our economy crumbles.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
He's so full of it.

Come on.

"the terrorists who planned and supported the 9/11 attacks are in Pakistan and Afghanistan,"

No they are not. They are in Washington DC and London. They are in the CIA.

He announced plans for 4,000 more troops in Afghanistan

More troops, more war.

new legislation that would help the economies in Pakistan and Afghanistan

Isn't that funny? A bailout for Afghanistan and Pakistan while america is going bankrupt?

more training to bolster Afghan security forces

And about that... they are saying that they want to increase the police/armed forces in Afghanistan to 400.000 which THEY SAY will take at least 5 to 7 years. You can bet that it will take much longer than that, so expect the US to still be in Afghanistan until at least 2016 unless a real anti-war president is elected.

and an increase in civilian expertise to help develop Afghanistan's economic, social and governmental institutions.

Yeah right. To increase puppet government and production of heroin.

The president said that the "situation is increasingly perilous" in the region, and that 2008 was the deadliest year for U.S. forces in the fight against the Taliban and al Qaeda in Afghanistan.

You know why? Because you increased by many folds the missiles attacks in Pakistan, turning more people extremists and therefore increasing the number of fighters and indoctrinable people.

"international security challenge of the highest order." "the safety of people around the world is at stake."

You're full of it. So agree with us to do more war and probably attack Pakistan or you're with the terrorists... just like Bush propaganda.

"So let me be clear: Al Qaeda and its allies (the CIA) -- the terrorists who planned and supported the 9/11 attacks (the CIA) -- are in Pakistan and Afghanistan.(so let's expand the war)

Multiple intelligence estimates have warned that al Qaeda is actively planning attacks on the U.S. homeland from its safe haven in Pakistan.

So unless you accept to go into Pakistan and probably have a draft to have the troops to do it, we'll have another terrorist attack.

And if the Afghan government falls to the Taliban -- or allows al Qaeda to go unchallenged -- that country will again be a base for terrorists who want to kill as many of our people as they possibly can."

Afghanistan is under Taliban rule. Sorry. The only thing the afghan government control is Kabul, nothing else. By bombing Pakistan you increase the number of people who wants to kill americans, but I know you want that because real terrorism would be a god send for you and your crew because until now, you had to do 95% of terrorism.

Obama said it is key that Americans understand that Pakistan "needs our help" in the fight against al Qaeda.

Yeah let's help a fundamentalist country. Let's forget real help in terms of humanitarian, let's help in terms of bombing them into oblivion.

"Al Qaeda and other violent extremists have killed several thousand Pakistanis since 9/11.

Sorry. You killed more with your missiles strikes.

They assassinated Benazir Bhutto.

The CIA killed Bhutto. Them or the ISI. She was saying the truth... that Ben Laden was DEAD.

threatened the stability of the state.

Yeah because they defied the rule of Musharraf the dictator.

He called on Congress to pass a bipartisan bill co-sponsored by Sens. John Kerry, D-Massachusetts, and Richard Lugar, R-Indiana, authorizing "$1.5 billion in direct support to the Pakistani people every year over the next five years -- resources that will build schools, roads, and hospitals, and strengthen Pakistan's democracy."

Now that's funny. Democracy in Pakistan. HAHAHAHAAHA

"After years of mixed results, we will not provide a blank check. Pakistan must demonstrate its commitment to rooting out al Qaeda and the violent extremists within its borders. And we will insist that action be taken -- one way or another -- when we have intelligence about high-level terrorist targets. "

Sorry, you've already done that BS since Musharraf came in. The money was spent to buy weapons, not to help the people. And the extremists were still left alone.

Obama said the United States must work with the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund and others to help Pakistan get through the economic crisis.

Let's give Pakistan to the IMF, the organisation that like destroying countries.

Obama said the United States will set clear benchmarks for international assistance and won't ignore attention to corruption.

Yeah sure. Like they did in the past where about 10% of the money reached the people?

This is so BS... he's like Bush but with good PR. Continuation of war. More troops. Talking of expanding into Pakistan. Disgusting.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxweljames
Come on all you theorists, throw out your best ideas of the hidden Afghan agendas.

CIA controls the poppy trade.

Lots of money in fueling a market and fighting it at the same time.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I thought the people on the planes in 911 where saudis, not pakistani. We all know america are the real terrorists of this world. You see now that obama is a war rheteric president like many of us said he would be.

Its amazing how they keep conning the public, just by using a different face, on the front cover.

BUSH = OBAMA, and they equal every other president because we all know behind him is the cfr and all that who run both parties.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The more troops are over there, the longer we will be over there! Obama said he was going to pull troops out and STOP the war in Iraq, but i didn't think that mean starting one in Afghanistan!

I have friends that are in Iraq right now, friends that are going to Iraq in a few months, and now my marine friends that were stationed in japan and Kuwait are all being sent to Afghanistan!!

i have a feeling this is not going to end well... and it won't end anytime soon. this sucks. this is not he change i thought we were going to get...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Did i get unheard?
The prez of Afghanistan , Karzai was a ceo for Conoco.
If you line up the maps of the bases, its exactly where the proposed natural gas pipeline is gonna go.
They started bouncing rocks over there with MOABs to level it out a bit, and remove any resistance to the construction.
The first big name i heard put all this together was Cynthia Mckinney.
All of it seems to make tioo much sense, they need a way to get gas from Uzbekistan to the gulf, and thats where its gonna get routed.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Alright more fear control, way to change

yes we can....start even more wars, so will obama supporters support these new wars?

basically what there doing is creating a scapegoat, so when another government/NWO attack on the states happen they have someone to go after, they set this all up in peoples mind so when it does happen people are like "oh yeah save us from the false threat, save us" so the people give up there power to these government/NWO scum bags yet again to save us from nothing, and they go and start more wars, more profit for them, one step closer to there world agenda

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
Did i get unheard?
The prez of Afghanistan , Karzai was a ceo for Conoco.
If you line up the maps of the bases, its exactly where the proposed natural gas pipeline is gonna go.
They started bouncing rocks over there with MOABs to level it out a bit, and remove any resistance to the construction.
The first big name i heard put all this together was Cynthia Mckinney.
All of it seems to make tioo much sense, they need a way to get gas from Uzbekistan to the gulf, and thats where its gonna get routed.

I did a brief search for the pipe line you mention, came up with a lot of news articles about how our invasion of Afghanistan has stalled the completion of it. I'm guessing those news sources are probably just providing more diversion tactics from the govt. Could you provide maps of the base locations in relation to the pipeline. Or links of where to find the bases and pipeline proposals.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

i think you are correct friend. i was asking the very same question when i read the obama news story. there HAS to be a hidden agenda. its absolute rubbish to think that Afghanistan is a threat to world peace.

it makes me absolutely sick to hear obama mentioning 9/11 and al queda. anyone who believes this might as well go and bury their heads in the sand.

this is about FUEL and nothing else. probably planned many many years ago.

BUT, my god, there will be some crazy loss of life if the US actually end up in Pakistan to any extent. (not that that matters to govenment)

G.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by grantbeed]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join