It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caugth on surveillance camera

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry for spoiling the party but all of you are wrong. See here.

The 1995 Dusseldorf Germany RC UFO Model at exhibition.

This footage was actually taken in Dusseldorf, Germany on October 20, 1995 by an
anonymous source from a building balcony. This was an exhibition on a parking lot
and the first object is a lighted RC UFO model doing maneuvers and then landing in
the parking lot. Then a chinese lantern is released as you can see going up slowly
and later getting close to the Dusseldorf Tower and passing behind.

A second chinese lantern also released is seen after approaching the tower in a more
close up view. This is an old footage that fooled many people in the 90's as the real
thing but german researchers exposed the truth of the event. The guy in the video
clearly doesn't know what he is talking about claiming this was taken in England
exposing his ignorance on this event.

Here is a copy with selected images of the original 9 minutes long footage (copy that
I have) showing the action. (Sorry for the quality of the old VHS tape.)

(click to open player in new window)

Here is the Dusseldorf Tower for reference. So now you know.

Mod edit: video tag corrected.
edit on 23/10/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Nice try..... like to tell me when the Germans started driving on the same side of the road as us Brits?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Oh and that's not even including the blatant edit at 2 mins 22 where one scene has been added to another...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Nice try..... like to tell me when the Germans started driving on the same side of the road as us Brits?

They don't, the cars are driving on the right-hand side of the road in the video.

Why have people starred this post?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Thanks Free Spirit. I think there have been some older threads about this video. I searched but could not find one. Do you have a link or do you know what to search under?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Originally posted by FireMoon

They don't, the cars are driving on the right-hand side of the road in the video.

Why have people starred this post?

Are you blind?? the cars are quite clearly driving on the left...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWorldReallyIsThatBorin
reply to post by cropmuncher

I think the footage you are thinking of is of a different incident.

There is a lot of compelling footage of unexplained aerial phenomena. The video at the top of this post is not one of them.

Actually i think your right that its different footage as the one im on about - the main ufo didnt land plus also you could see people walking along the pavement and also see cars up close - it was filmed around 5-30pm afternoon and was just getting dark.

Anyone that could source a similar incident to this but the one i described earlier i would be gratefull.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
lets first deal with this rubbish about models.... at 57 seconds on the first video in the thread the *object* crosses over the road... Given the distance between street lamps it would suggest that, at its' smallest, the model is some 50 ft, 15 metres long.... of course.. there are hundreds of people flying models longer than many light aircraft ...

The second video in the thread has quite obviously been spliced at 2.22 and some other video simply tacked on the end of the original... if anyone tried to present such hokum as proof of a UFO they had filmed the nay sayers would be on them like a ton of bricks screaming fake... where's the original footage etc etc... However, as it seems to confirm the prejudices they hold it is fine to accept it as *true*. Even though it is claimed that the footage was taken from an observation tower at the same time as someone was filming said tower, from quite some distance away...

Given that, and given how anything purporting to be genuine UFO is dismissed out of hand if it exhibits anything like the lack of clarity the German explanation does ... That explanation has to be simply dismissed out of hand until the people come forward with both the models and the exact details of how it was all done...

Personally, i don't think we are viewing an alien craft... I would suspect it is some , trick of the light, but the so called debunking of the images so far... show a wholly slap dash and completely erroneous reasoning worthy of Billy Meir himself...

[edit on 28-3-2009 by FireMoon]

[edit on 28-3-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
For a start it is not an image of a spotlight. It is an image of the spotlight shining on the ground. The colour of the light is irrelevant.

The video is obviously taken from another helicopter, with a poorly resolved camera at night. It is not infra-red, and we do not know if the helicopter taking the footage is a police helicopter or not. So regardles of the colour of the light the image is almost monochrome.

And your point about Police not using spotlights on a highway is a first. Where I live is near a police helicopter base. I have watched them chasing villains in my area from my back yard. One can follow the chase by following the beam of light as it tracks down the nearby highway. When they are searching by panning back and forth they cross roads, and highways with out any concern, including my back yard where it was suddenly lit up like day. I waved my beer at them and they moved off.

I suspect the light was one of these.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

While the RC Model & Chinese Lanterns in Germany is reasonable I also think it unlikely due the size of the images, however the video certainly gives the appearance of being several different videos spliced together so it is possible.

But you can actually see the vibrating door frame of the helicopter taking the video bottom right of frame (then across bottom) at one point so it is probably a hand held camera rather than a remote or helmet mounted job. And not a balcony or roof.

I don't know 100% what is in the video shown but I'm 99.9% sure it is not of ET origin and 99% sure it is a police search light reflection and others vehicles on the ground. I think there is about a 80% chance I have the location pegged.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by TheWorldReallyIsThatBorin]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWorldReallyIsThatBorin

Oh you mean, because the light doesn't conformn to the lights police helicopters use or acts as one would lets just ignore it? That's brilliantly sound reasoning.. The quality of the tape is irrelevant. Police use a distinctly blue white spot light that cannot be confused with any other sort of coloured light, irrespective of the quality of the film..

I live in an area where the police regularly use a helicopter and not once have i seen them use a spotlight and when esquiring why they don't, was told that. "They are not allowed to in built up areas and areas of heavy traffic unless there is a very specific reason"..

But keep going... While you are at it, show me some youtube footage of the police using searchlights to track suspects in Britain...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

On re-viewing the later part of your video (good find BTW) of the "lanterns". I think you are correct about the Dusseldorf Tower. But again it could be spliced footage although the frame and camera movement are consistent with the first part of the footage. Good stuff.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

Thanks Free Spirit. I think there have been some older threads about this video. I searched but could not find one. Do you have a link or do you know what to search under?

Yes this case was discussed before and I was also confused at that time by this footage
but after I contacted two german colleagues they told me the real story and how this
video was done including the Dusseldorf references. Then I made an update to my
statement here telling the real story wich was confirmed. As I said this is a 9 min.
long video with several edits originally made by the videographer. Some of these edits
can be checked even in the OP video. Edits at seconds 20, 21, 58 etc. but the video
was not shown entirely, just a part of it and I have the complete copy showing the
Dusseldorf Tower. Maybe I can upload the 9 min. footage, I'll check in ATS Media if
I can do it.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWorldReallyIsThatBorin

On re-viewing the later part of your video (good find BTW) of the "lanterns". I think you are correct about the Dusseldorf Tower. But again it could be spliced footage although the frame and camera movement are consistent with the first part of the footage. Good stuff.

As I said to sam60 the original footage is edited as you can see in the OP video. It
seems the videographer was excited or confused or whatever and kept stopping the
recording at certain intervals including making zooms. Check again the OP video those
cuts at second .20, .21, .58 etc. I know this footage very well and have studied every
segment for quite sometime in the 90's and was convinced this could be real, but I was
wrong. The information that I provided is right even that it will dissapoint some friends
around here. I have a copy of the entire footage and I know what I saying.

Just give me a couple of hours and I will post again the footage in a longer version.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
before you do that i suggest you go to google maps and zero in on the Dusseldorf tower and then try to map the landscape to that of Dusseldorf.... might save yourself a lot of time and effort...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The Dusseldorf 1995 Footage Long Version.

This is a longer version of the Dusseldorf, Germany October 20, 1995 footage in
discussion.

Important Notes: All the cuts/edits were made by the original videographer.
There are 6 cuts in the footage. Seg. 7 - Seg. 12 - Seg. 39 - Min. 1:26 - Min. 3:01
and Min. 5:10 There is no original audio.

(click to open player in new window)

DIRECT LINK

media.abovetopsecret.com...

According to the original report the videographer (anonymous) was recording on a
balcony of a department or office.

At certain time (Min. 3:01) the hot air probe dissapeared from view by the balcony ceiling frame.

There is a cut in the video at seg. 12 and when resumed the time is different, more
dark as shown in these two frames.

The secong object released was a hot air probe kind of chinese lantern. It's
movements, speed and behavior is consistent with those artifacts.

Conclusion. No UFOs here, just a RC UFO model (stationed on the parking lot at
seg. 13) and hot air probes - lanterns on an exhibition. There is a flash or strobe
light between the stationed RC model and the first lantern, signaling the area of
release. At min. 1:11 cars going on the right line of the road are seen as well as
cars coming on the left line, this to clarify some doubts.

If somebody still wants to belive these are real UFOs despite the information provided
well, be my guest.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by free_spirit]

Mod edit: video tag corrected.
edit on 23/10/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

That's very interesting.
Thanks for posting the video & the explanation.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I think its important that people see this post and are able to get a god grasp of how things are often not what they appear to be. I am flagging this post so that hopefully many will see it, read through it, and see how deceptive some things can be, even when they appear to be the real thing.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Dream on... I'm sure you are convinced.... sadly the landscape bares no similarity to that around the Rhine tower in Dusseldorf at all... small matter of of a rather large river called the Rhine which is missing for one thing... The River Rhine that the Rhine Tower stands on the bank of... But hey don't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy.

The only way one can pan right from another view point to the Rhine tower is overlooking the Rhine.... Plus the traffic is definitely moving in the wrong direction ... it's all there on google... try actually checking things for yourself before falling for pranksters..

[edit on 29-3-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Great work.

In fact when I reviewed the traffic direction on my proposed location (Dartford Crossing, UK) I found a problem.

The two elevated roadways both move in separate directions. In the video they are moving in exactly the wrong direction.

For example the upper roadway carries southbound traffic over the bridge and so should be moving away from the camera. The lower roadway carries northbound traffic under the river via tunnels and so should be moving toward the camera. They are not.

My supposed train ("probe") however is moving nicely along my supposed rail viaduct.

One out of three. FAIL.

Should check all of the information available information before offering a theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join