It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cool nessie story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i saw this on discovery a while ago it said some lady stayin on loch ness heard an d saw somthin thrashin in the water so she grabbed a 30-06 and shot it twice she thought she shot nessie but the next mornin an 800 pound sturgeon rolled up on the beach

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
i saw this on discovery a while ago it said some lady stayin on loch ness heard an d saw somthin thrashin in the water so she grabbed a 30-06 and shot it twice she thought she shot nessie but the next mornin an 800 pound sturgeon rolled up on the beach

1)could 2 shots kill something 800 pounds
2)800 pound sturgeon! again i say

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
sturgeons get bigger than 800 pounds most dont reach a 100 but they make 800 some and were talkin 2 shots with a 30-06 and it never said where she hit it

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i googled it and didnt find anything? Do you have a pic of one that big?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
What kind of imbecile just grabs a shotgun and lets rip ? She's lucky it wasn't a diver or she'd have spent a nice little time in the Inverness cop shop.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well i hate to break it to you but i was speaking to two of my friends( who are 19 and 20) from Drumnadrochit beside Loch Ness as well as my aunt who has lived there all her life (73) and well she has never heard such a story,

anyway would anybody actually fire random shots at the water when it could have been anything?

why would an old lady have a gun?

when was this?

wouldnt nessie have eaten the sturgeon?

But stranger things have happend so it could be true!
just like Frankenstein, lol

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Are there even sturgeon in that lake?

And it's not unlikly for an old lady to have a gun, cause remember alot of old ladies out live their husbands. So it could possibly have been her husbands. Or maybe she just liked to hunt when she was younger, so had it from then. But that doesn't explain why she'd take it to the lake.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i saw it on a show and maybe u could find somthing about it on discoveries website. a 30-06 aint a shotgun. and she could probably tell it was too big too be a diver. if u dont believe sturgeons get that big ill do resaerch and show u but i got to learn to post links first. no pics. and sturgeons in loch ness are rare but they get them. they are so rare in that area that wen they find one in england they give it to the queen. at least thats wat the show said. actually ive seen the show twice so i know i got my facts strait

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
it doesnt say its 800 but it looks close check it out worldstar.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Here are a few pictures I found on google:

I don't think they quite qualify for 800 pounds, but they sure are gigantic.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I bit of studying on them a while ago, and they are VERY huge. They are like sucker fish, and spend alot of time near the bottom of lakes/rivers, though they will eat other fish and the likes if they come across it. Still, its fairly odd to have one thrashing around near the surface of the water...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
yea i found the thrashing strange too but i think some of those pics were close to 800 or the top one imean

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
THey have Sturgeon in the great lakes so they could easily have sturgeons in loch ness

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
or i mean they could easily surrvive ther but sturgeons are rare to see anywhere

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Whoa! Those fish are kinda scary!

Good way of fishing though...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
lol yea i guess it would be a good way of fishing. redneck fishing

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I love to fish and I'm a descent sized man, but if I reel in a fish that big to the side of my boat I'm going to be screaming like a little girl.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
well zerotime alot of guys would be screaming like girls. ive seen people catch big fish and either be so exited they scream or so scared they start screamin ive never caught any huge fish but im skinny and dont weighmuch so i probably would scream to

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm not clear on a few key points with regard to this alleged incident. The so-called 800 pound Sturgeon - did it have bullet wounds? Shots were allegedly fired and the next day an oversized tuna is found washed ashore. Why no mention of wounds? Perhaps, if this episode is to be believed, the great fish was thrashing with another great animal and ultimately lost the battle. That some lady not far off ashore saw fit to implement Cowboy Diplomacy may merely be incidental. Of course, all of the elements of this tale could be coincidence. Being that it occured in Loch Ness makes it compelling.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Not a very bright lady if she shoots at something thrashing in the water. If she lives by the loch, I think she would know better than to do something like that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join