It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the garden of eden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
anyone know where the garden of eden is ive heard under the waters of the persian gulf mesopatamia and near ur

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
One of best bits of speculation I have ever heard was from a guy from the country of Bahrain, just off the Saudi coast. He told me of a several stories relating to the Gilgamesh legends, all of which predate the bible. Anyway two of these legends talk about the garden of eden and the great flood. The garden of eden story supposedly takes place on the island of Bahrain and the tree of life still stands there today on what is an otherwise barren landscape. The pictures he showed me were of this desert area completely lifeless except for this incredible tree that stands about 50 feet tall. No leaves, no moisture, just a giant petrifed tree. It was really incredible. The most amazing thing about this country is the ancient water transfer system that is just below ground. While most of it is lost to the elements, enough is still present to make you wonder, what if.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Wouldnt the Great Flood kill everything not a fish or on the ark?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
There was a show on it on the Discovery channel awhile back -- if you search their site, you can find it. As I recall, it was some pretty decent research.

They did not conclude that the Bible was true, however. But they did identify the area (no, it wasn't underwater) and they did say "this is where the Bible said it was." Obviously there's no angels with flaming swords standing around.

I didn't watch it closely so I'm vague on it, but if you search, you should be able to find the documentary.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads. The name of the first is Pison...And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia. And the name of the third river is Hiddekel [Tigris]: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates. -- (Genesis 2:10-14)"

"Thus, Eden holds the headwaters of four major rivers and should be fairly easy to identify. The Tigris and Euphrates are well known, but identifying the rivers of Pison and Gihon has puzzled researchers for years. There is no consensus on the geographical basis for the Garden of Eden, but several sites have been suggested.

Archaeologist David Rohl claims to have located the site in a "lush valley beneath an extinct volcano in Iran." Others have suggested it lies somewhere in the Tigris and Euphrates Valley, under the waters of the Persian Gulf, or even in Missouri. The jury is still out."

ask.yahoo.com...

Edit: Added more info.

"But where now are the Pison and the Gihon? And where, if indeed it existed as a geographically specific place, was the Garden of Eden? Theologians, historians, ordinary inquisitive people and men of science have tried for centuries to figure it out. Eden has been "located" in as many diverse areas as has lost Atlantis. Some early Christian fathers and late classical authors suggested it could lie in Mongolia or India or Ethiopia. They based their theories quite sensibly on the known antiquity of those regions, and on the notion that the mysterious Pison and Gihon were to be associated with those other two great rivers of the ancient world, the Nile and the Ganges."

www.ldolphin.org...

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Is well known that the geography in the bible and the time line is not correct so good luck finding your garden of eden.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
One of best bits of speculation I have ever heard was from a guy from the country of Bahrain, just off the Saudi coast. He told me of a several stories relating to the Gilgamesh legends, all of which predate the bible. Anyway two of these legends talk about the garden of eden and the great flood. The garden of eden story supposedly takes place on the island of Bahrain and the tree of life still stands there today on what is an otherwise barren landscape. The pictures he showed me were of this desert area completely lifeless except for this incredible tree that stands about 50 feet tall. No leaves, no moisture, just a giant petrifed tree. It was really incredible.

Whoaaaa...I would LOVE to see that. I'm not a real history buff but stuff like finding ancient lost places and artifacts fascinates me no end. I would also love to travel to Mt. Ararat (sp?) in Turkey and see the remains of Noahs Ark.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
most of the areas we said are all close so most likely its nearby

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i herd its near the euphrates river...

D

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm

Originally posted by Bleys
One of best bits of speculation I have ever heard was from a guy from the country of Bahrain, just off the Saudi coast. He told me of a several stories relating to the Gilgamesh legends, all of which predate the bible. Anyway two of these legends talk about the garden of eden and the great flood. The garden of eden story supposedly takes place on the island of Bahrain and the tree of life still stands there today on what is an otherwise barren landscape. The pictures he showed me were of this desert area completely lifeless except for this incredible tree that stands about 50 feet tall. No leaves, no moisture, just a giant petrifed tree. It was really incredible.

Whoaaaa...I would LOVE to see that. I'm not a real history buff but stuff like finding ancient lost places and artifacts fascinates me no end. I would also love to travel to Mt. Ararat (sp?) in Turkey and see the remains of Noahs Ark.

Just like to point out the Bible says that the Ark ended up in the MOUNTAINS of Ararat, not specifically Mt. Ararat.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i remember watching a program about this a long time ago. It was somewhere in the middle east, i can't remember where exactly 'cause i wasn't pay that much attention to the TV at the time.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
uh der! i already said its near the euphrates!

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It's most likley some where in the area of Mesopotamia. Or Arabia.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Well, ther are about 10 million people on this planet that firmly believe it was somewhere in the good old US of A.

scriptures.lds.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
well seth bullock y do u think it is in the us the link wasnt any proof so do u have any proof that it is in the us

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Whoa now! I didn't say I believed in their dogma, I just live around a bunch of them.

Besides, can anyone prove it relly existed anywhere? I suppose that is the thing about religon, ya gotta have faith, which I am sorely lacking.

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
ok i understand just judging by the sound of ur post i thought u strongly believed that or something my mistake

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
anyone know where the garden of eden is ive heard under the waters of the persian gulf mesopatamia and near ur

The Garden is in the hollow (Holy) of the earth........... You been scamed all your life.........................

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i dont understand, please explain be more specific. got any links that support this

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i was checkin out this magazine that comes with the newspaper and it said something about the garden of ededn

top topics

<<   2 >>

join