It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Job Performance Drops Under 50%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

A March 20-23 Zogby Interactive survey shows 45% of likely voters believe the nation is headed in the right direction, a gain of five points from a similar survey completed on March 5. At the beginning of the year, only 14% held that positive view. However, President Barack Obama's ratings for job performance and favorability did not improve over earlier this month. In the most recent survey, 49% rate his job performance as excellent or good and 50% as fair or poor (less than 1% were not sure.) That is a dip of three points from the previous poll. The percentages who feel very or somewhat favorable toward Obama remained unchanged between the two polls, with 55% now and 56% in the previous poll.

zogby.com...

This shows that people are 50/50 on his job performance...although people are still favorable to him.

Maybe some are waking up...I don't know. Maybe they see our gigantic deficit and the huge spending plans he has in the works.

The more that see this is no longer sustainable...the lower the numbers will get...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I think this is about normal for a president. Sitting on the 50/50 line. Just means the honeymoon is over, people had to go back to work (or the unemployment line) and it sucks.

I still stick to the concept that our microwave or instant gratification socieity thought things should be fixed in two weeks.

apparently I am an elitist for thinking that.

but I feel more comfortable with a normal number then any other number. A skewed number means he is doing somethign wrong either way.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

No Beck Video's ?

I feel cheated

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
From someone who was not an Obama supporter, I expected this regardless of who took over the reins in January. Not a situation anyone's popularity could overcome.

Whether it be Obama or McCain, I didn't see this administration going past the four years.

I just hope there is enough of the principles of the Constitution left for the next administration to be able to bring the country back to basics.

Get out of business and get back to governance. Do the peoples work, not the corporate's and lobbyists' work.

I know I am living a pipe dream.....

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You're right, the honeymoon is probably over. And i'm glad...now hopefully it will be more difficult for him to pass insane spending bills since Congress votes on his popularity and not fiscal responsibility....but they've been doing that forever.

We'll see what happens.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I tend to agree that 50/50 is normal for any presidency.

I would like to see those numbers after this summer though, that will be the true dividing line to who has opened their eyes or not.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Some people expected an instant cure, which wasn't possible under any circumstances, I feel he may well be turned into a scape goat, and perhaps that is why they allowed him into the office.

I keep people saying he is destroying the USA, can someone please tell me if this is true, or just the sprouting s of the Anti Obama League? to be honest, when I see what he is saying on TV, he doesn't seem to be too far off the mark, especially when compared to what other countries are doing, thinking of doing, or have hinted at.

I see what the World is saying about how he is doing as President, then I see stuff being linked on here, that say's the exact opposite? what is that about?

Why are the US citizens, being told differently?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Umm, you tell me. He approves of giving Timmy the Tax Cheat power to over take businesses that Timmy deems "too big to fail". He wants to give more power to the fed.

He wants to implement Universal Health Care, he wants to take laborers right to a secret ballot away, he wants to grow the federal government even bigger than it already is. He wants to spend 3.6 trillion dollars in 2010, on top of the 787 billion he already spent, he keeps talking about how the Stimulus is just one prong in a three prong attack.

What else, oh he wants to do cap and trade. Oh yea then he approves of the GIVE Act(H.R. 1388) in fact that was one of his campaign pledges.

He is basically putting into practice the don't worry about the deficit now spend big we have plenty of rich people to tax later on, philosophy.

Whether you agree with some of the above or not there is a lot of it that is unconstitutional, so you tell me if he is destroying America or not.

I believe his job performance will drop below 40% or lower after the 2nd quarter. Either way is a one term president and he knows it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If middle Eastern countries miracously open up, the defecit is lowered after his first 4 years, and tax rates are stable, lower, Alternative energy jobs spring up. and if Universal health care turns out NOT to be a bust, he'd have my vote.

If he audits the fed, if PA legalizes med MJ, then proposes to get rid of the FEd second term, hed have me on the campaign trail

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If he keeps going at that rate he'll be tied with Congress by November.
But if he decides to compete on Dancing with the Stars, his ratings will go back up.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I still stick to the concept that our microwave or instant gratification socieity thought things should be fixed in two weeks.

Could the reason for this be because Obama pretty much portrayed himself as being able to do so?

A lot of this criticism about Obama is because he himself set the bar high IMO.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I seem to recall he has said in about every speech that is it going to take time.He tried to warn americans that it is gonna take away and not happen right away.

obama on recovery

obama urges patience on recovery

The president has pledged the plan "will save or create three to four million jobs over the next few years".

but people probably didn't hear the next few years part.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

[edit on 27-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Whether you agree with some of the above or not there is a lot of it that is unconstitutional, so you tell me if he is destroying America or not.

No one is destroying America more then Americans do them self...

People in this country do not feel for each other at all and many will try to cheat the law no matter how that affects others, but when the law is about to put the end to it, they cry like a babies

Example:

I was almost hit many times while in my car by the people who love to get through red lights here where I live (it's getting much worse lately).

Those same idiots will start crying when police puts surveillance cameras on them and they start getting tickets in the mail. I'm sure that many will call it unconstitutional

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

You make an interesting point. But if you ever go to another country you would see that Americans drive pretty tame. XD
When we took a cab in Mexico we had to pull our hearts out of our stomaches.

As for the red light scameras,the problem people have with those is that it is based on a law, but a private company runs it, installs it, and makes like a 60% profit off it it. So why are private companines making money off a law?

not only that, people have timed them and many of the yellow lights are shortened. One disc jockey had people time them and many found the yellow lights were even shorter then the minimum of 6 seconds it is supposed to be.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

new topics

top topics

join