It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Google Ghost - Victorian Docklands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Story Here

Experts have been called in to examine the Google ghoul filmed at a former Victorian docklands which has a dark and sinister past.

The woman dressed in long skirt, crisp blouse, bow tie, blue boater hat and scarf appears to be shimmering above the pavement.

She was captured by the Google Street View cameras in Tiger Bay, Cardiff - the scene of murders and unsolved mysteries going back 200 years.

Apparently this isn't the first google ghost. Or I should say - potential google ghost. Cams around the world have picked up quite a few it seems. It's pretty darn solid looking. I don't understand why the bottom of the picture is off kilter though.

Anyways, take a look. See what you think.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Story Here

Experts have been called in to examine the Google ghoul filmed at a former Victorian docklands which has a dark and sinister past.

The woman dressed in long skirt, crisp blouse, bow tie, blue boater hat and scarf appears to be shimmering above the pavement.

She was captured by the Google Street View cameras in Tiger Bay, Cardiff - the scene of murders and unsolved mysteries going back 200 years.

Apparently this isn't the first google ghost. Or I should say - potential google ghost. Cams around the world have picked up quite a few it seems. It's pretty darn solid looking. I don't understand why the bottom of the picture is off kilter though.

Anyways, take a look. See what you think.

I dunno buddy, It's pretty convenience that the camera blurs out at the bottom. My theory why it does that is to break any evidence of a shadow, if you look at the surrounding area, its clearly a sunny day, if this "spirit" was real, It would or wouldn't cast a shadow. But because of the blur of the bottom of the shot, we will never be able to verify it. Most paranormal people who look at this photograph will try to figure out if there was actually something there by basing it on the angles of the shadow if there was one. There is no real way now to tell if this photo is actually just some lady standing there randomly, or maybe if it is a ghost.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I guess the posts are all ghosts too? No. The bottom of her dress is clearly there, just distorted. The photos are composites of multiple picture put together and such. The stiching is bad and has made this poor persons feet disappear...and not into the aether.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The Millennium Centre is currently showing "Mary Poppins" the musical.

The attire of the "vision" in question seems to correlate with the known Mary Poppins outfit (well, from the Film anyway).

Case solved perhaps?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It is convenient that they don't give you a link in the article to google street view, you can see this woman from down the block no problem.

google maps link

I couldn't link directly to the street view, but if you drag the little guy out to the center of the map near the box that says A4119 you will see a little blue marking appear on the street next to it. Drop the guy to the immediate lower/left of that box and pan to the right and you will see the woman from the article picture.

If you move down the street (you can only go one way) you will see that she was standing there for a while and you can see her from a distance without her legs chopped off.

Here's a screen cap:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4143bbcd07cb.jpg[/atsimg]

She is definately dressed in an older style but that isn't exactly unheard of. She looks real enough to me. Looks like this was just a street view stitching error.

Jesse

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebeard
It is convenient that they don't give you a link in the article to google street view, you can see this woman from down the block no problem.

google maps link

I couldn't link directly to the street view, but if you drag the little guy out to the center of the map near the box that says A4119 you will see a little blue marking appear on the street next to it. Drop the guy to the immediate lower/left of that box and pan to the right and you will see the woman from the article picture.

If you move down the street (you can only go one way) you will see that she was standing there for a while and you can see her from a distance without her legs chopped off.

Here's a screen cap:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4143bbcd07cb.jpg[/atsimg]

She is definately dressed in an older style but that isn't exactly unheard of. She looks real enough to me. Looks like this was just a street view stitching error.

Jesse

Debunked, good enough for me....nice find thebeard. Now doesn't that telegraph.uk newspaper look like douche bags :-) What people would do for a slow news day. sigh...

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Nemox42]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42

She's waiting to cross the road, knows our road rules and casting a shadow...No ghost

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizziejayne
The Millennium Centre is currently showing "Mary Poppins" the musical.

OMG .. she does look like she popped out of a Mary Poppins show!

This picture is making the rounds on the internet.
I think lizziejayne debunked it!

top topics

join