It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheer Up Take A Look At This - March 2009 - Increased UFO Activity USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This thread is dedicated to people like me, the ones that scour the MSM everyday looking for the long awaited announcement that we are not alone in the universe but are disappointed when you don't find it!

In truth there is so much more going on nowadays than any time I can remember. Just take a look at some of these reports in the last few weeks.

It is my understanding that a small portion of these sightings can be explained as our own secret technology.

For example the FT'S that everyone seems to see, the ones with the 3 white lights on each point and the red centre. I believe they are the bolt ons that were introduced after trying to understand the inner workings of some of the crashed/shot down 'ET' craft. Not 100% perfect but ''the powers that be'' have the technology to cause a stir when the time comes in the not so distant future

March Witness Quotes

Texas, March 22, 2009 - Disk shape craft descended into field near Lorena, Texas.

Then suddenly it appeared 3 men walked out of the craft and the door shut.

The craft then after about 3 minutes rose upward hovered for a brief time then took off Northbound at a very high rate of speed and I lost sight. I then refocused on the field to see if I could see any one or any thing in the field but visibility was very poor. I did note to my wife that they appeared to be walking in the direction af a rest stop that was just off of the field near the high way.

Oklahoma, March 25, 2009 - 2 ufos flying s x sw strobing to each other. disappearing and reappearing

They then both blanked out and then instantly reappeared much further apart. They did this twice. The entire time that I was trying to film them, my cheap auto focus video camera couldn't hardly pick them up. Then the most westward one sent out three very bright and distinct strobes. Then the second one replied with a series of strobes itself. They then began to move at a slightly faster pace, whilst continuing to strobe to each other.

Indiana, March 18, 2009 - Hovering next to road drove right under/past it!

was large the size of an airplane in length but much wider.It had 3 round large white lights on ,not strobing like others in past.It made a humming/swooshing sound,but nothing like an airplane or jet

Connecticut, March 19, 2009 - Triangular aircraft flies extremely low, then flies vertically, then flies directly over me.

triangular shape became apparent. Unsure of what this thing was, I started to run back home to tell the rest of my family, so that they could come and see it. But, as it flew closer, I decided to stay and watch it, because it was so fascinating. It was probably flying at around 70 miles per hour. As it approached and passed overhead, I was able to see its underside. It was clearly a triangular aircraft. From my point of view, the object was about the size of a baseball, and all three sides of the object were the same length. It was black or gray in color, and it had one small white light on each corner (which made 3 white lights altogether), and one small red light in the center.

Pennsylvania, March 24, 2009 - Several slow moving objects

Finally, after about 10 minutes, they were directly over me and flying at a very low altitude, and at a very low speed. They had lights on them that went from what looked like blinking white lights which would change to blinking red and blue lights and then occasionally a non-blinking bright white light. At first their were only 2. And then 2 more followed. I started too look all around me and to the east I could see 3 more.

Texas, March 20, 2009 - Circle of purple lights with blue lights underneath.

Its physical features were a circular, possibly disc-like, with a ring of purple lights around it; as it bobbed, I saw its underside, with four very bright blue lights underneath it.

Michigan, March 22, 2009 - Driving West on I 94 in Jackson Mi saw 3 quick flashes of a spectacular light.

The lights lasted approx,3 to 4 seconds and as each light blinked out it would reappear in a different location going up and down and side to side as the lights were heading in an easterly direction.

Washington, March 21, 2009 - Brightest light I have ever seen white/ ice blue.

when we got to exit 7 just before the Newcastle exit, at 1:45 we saw on the side of the freeway going south lined up about 5 army trucks 1 lane was shut down and a army helicopter hovering over head, we were so excited, and nervous, and we will never forget it.

Michigan, March 15, 2006 - Black. Rectangular. Big

I knew it was rectangular from the 4 lights in the corners, and how it was bleeping out stars. It went into the distance and started to rotate. And then... it blinked out.

Link to all sources

[edit on 26-3-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I think one thing to consider is the technology we have now compared to just ten years ago. It is a lot easier to report or find ufo sightings. Maybe the activity has been the same for decades and it is just getting reported better.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
I think one thing to consider is the technology we have now compared to just ten years ago. It is a lot easier to report or find ufo sightings. Maybe the activity has been the same for decades and it is just getting reported better.

Absolutely I was thinking the very same thing as I was typing, of course we have to take in to consideration aswell the fact that people can also now speak freely about this subject without the ridicule due to MSM promoting the 'possible' existence of other beings around our solar system in the last 12 months or so.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I agree with the OP on this. I had started a thread on March 11th:

UFOs Active Over 10 States

My source article indicated a sharp spike in UFO reports. I had not followed up on the phenomona and thank the OP for the update.

If this was simply due to more people having cameras on their phones and readily available video camera the spike would have been evident before March 2009.

It's my personal hope that disclosure is soon on the horizon, if not by our governments then by the various visiting species. Either that, or a large world event is about to occur. It seems more UFOs are reported during times of change on our planet.

I think we are ready. I know there is a lot of concern about the reaction of people, especially people of faith but remember, even the pope made a recent comment about aliens. That alone should give us pause that something is about to happen. I can't see the pope making a comment about this subject out of the blue. What ever Elitism exist, we know the Catholic Church has been involved for hundreds of years.

Keep your eyes to the skys. So many ATSers demand photos along with personal accounts, we are all going to start looking like tourist within our own neighborhoods.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Not one pic.
Not one.
All those eyewitness accounts.
No photo's.
How 1960's.

If this is some how encouraging, eyewitness accounts only , in our digital age were phone cameras seem to be the norm. Then you will be waiting a long, long time Fran, for that day when we get difinitive proof.

BTW, awesome graphics. www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Originally posted by Whisper67

It's my personal hope that disclosure is soon on the horizon, if not by our governments then by the various visiting species. Either that, or a large world event is about to occur. It seems more UFOs are reported during times of change on our planet.

We all have the same feeling because we are all connected, domination and laws in our societies have turned everyone against each other because 'they' know that unification is the answer to the entire universe.

If we were to all meditate at the same time now that would be mind blowing.

I think we are ready. I know there is a lot of concern about the reaction of people, especially people of faith but remember, even the pope made a recent comment about aliens. That alone should give us pause that something is about to happen. I can't see the pope making a comment about this subject out of the blue. What ever Elitism exist, we know the Catholic Church has been involved for hundreds of years.

There was concern, I believe FEMA are addressing that issue now. I think its safe to say that we can expect something rather grand in the not so far future.

Keep your eyes to the skys. So many ATSers demand photos along with personal accounts, we are all going to start looking like tourist within our own neighborhoods.

Damn straight!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I wish the link had stated what part of Oklahoma the sighting was in. The story can't even be investigated if we don't know where it happened.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Not one pic.
Not one.
All those eyewitness accounts.
No photo's.
How 1960's.

If this is some how encouraging, eyewitness accounts only , in our digital age were phone cameras seem to be the norm. Then you will be waiting a long, long time Fran, for that day when we get difinitive proof.

BTW, awesome graphics. www.examiner.com...

I hear you and I know what your saying. However, its all about educating the masses to be ready for something.

If you were walking down the street, mobile in pocket, and you saw a craft that wasn't anything like you had seen before would your instincts be to grab your phone, press the camera button wait for the camera to load up then snap a picture. Before the craft disapears.

The answer of course is no. You would need more times to process the event.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

I hear you and I know what your saying. However, its all about educating the masses to be ready for something.
I don't agree Fran, I know what you mean but I will explain after the following quote.

If you were walking down the street, mobile in pocket, and you saw a craft that wasn't anything like you had seen before would your instincts be to grab your phone, press the camera button wait for the camera to load up then snap a picture. Before the craft disapears.
Its funny that we would ned to educate the public to take photo's of UFO's. Its hardly a new topic or phenomena.
Look at the celebrity culture for example, photo's and video are now commodities valued by all media. We are a culture emersed in the visual.
There are a plethora of videos and photos of crimes, accidents, violence, celebrities et etc. To think that people don't think twice about getting a mobile phone or camera out when unexpected events unfold like the above would some how not apply to an unexpected and unexplainable object in the sky is hard to swallow.

The answer of course is no. You would need more times to process the event.
I disagree. People are actually processing their lives as an event through digital mediums like phones and cameras more and more. Why the UFO phenomena would not be represented proprotionally, via these mediums, to the number of sightings highlites a massive flaw, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

To be quite honest, If i was to be walking down the street and saw something that looked like a spacecraft in the sky I would not take my eyes off it. If you have ever witnessed anything like this you know it puts you in a state of wonder and awe. Almost a dream like state. Its not like a car accident or something funny your friend is doing.

Im not going to fumble around trying to get my camera phone out so i can take a crappy video of what looks like a dot in the sky. Then what, I come here post it and get laughed at because it could be a lens flare or an ice crystal or something. I could literally show you a close up photo of an alien space craft with aliens waving at you and it would be too real, so therefore fake.

There is PLENTY of clear cut evidence out there, if you dont believe, your not looking hard enough.

edit: When I say you, I don't mean you personally. More the general consensus of this board. Whats the point of trying to convince people who already made their minds up

[edit on 26-3-2009 by bringthelight]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
But what picture on a camera phone would convince you? It would either be to clear and we would hear "it's an obvious hoax" or to blurry and "could be a picture of anything". The skeptics would have a field day as usual.

Depending on the speed of the object I personally would have a tendency to not take my eyes off it even for a moment. How many times have we heard "when I looked back it was gone"?

Given enough time and the possibility of a great shot I would take a picture but in reality I don't have to prove a sighting to anyone but myself.
The longer I was able to watch the more I would be able to figure out exactly what I was looking at.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Originally posted by atlasastro

Its funny that we would ned to educate the public to take photo's of UFO's. Its hardly a new topic or phenomena.

To you and me of course its not, but to the sheeple it is a completely new phenomena. Something that they have only just began to read about since the lifting of the (threat to national security) last year to allow MSM to report it.

Look at the celebrity culture for example, photo's and video are now commodities valued by all media.

Why we mention the celebrity culture, its interesting to see how many 'celebs' are coming out and saying publicly they are interested in UFO's, as the subject is become trendy.

We are a culture emersed in the visual.
There are a plethora of videos and photos of crimes, accidents, violence, celebrities et etc. To think that people don't think twice about getting a mobile phone or camera out when unexpected events unfold like the above would some how not apply to an unexpected and unexplainable object in the sky is hard to swallow.

Sure but these are all earthly things i.e everyday life, we have become de sensitised by the images we see in the media therfore, to us its an everyday occurance.

Sightings they only last a few seconds to a few minutes and you spend all that time looking at the object trying to make sense of it.

Remember the Ohare sighting that was witnessed by countless of people? why didn't the witnesses take photos of the object it was low enough to get a good picture wasn't it?

The problem is they were mesmorised by the object. something that defies our educated minds to as far as we can go means that it will take much longer to registar the event. Therefore, when I talk about education, I mean desensitising and conditioning the mind to accepting the event, therefore, allowing the mind to to put the sighting to one side and get out the camera.

I disagree. People are actually processing their lives as an event through digital mediums like phones and cameras more and more. Why the UFO phenomena would not be represented proprotionally, via these mediums, to the number of sightings highlites a massive flaw, IMHO.

Again everything you talk about has already been conditioned into our mind they are all pertainign to earth HUMAN BEINGS when a person sees something that doesn't fit in to the criteria we have been sold its a different ball game.

When I first had my sighting I was spellbound I didn't think twice about getting a camera, until the event was over. Does that mean I am lying?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

To you and me of course its not, but to the sheeple it is a completely new phenomena. Something that they have only just began to read about since the lifting of the (threat to national security) last year to allow MSM to report it.

Come on Fran, "completely new phenomena", what planet are you on? How did you discover UFO? The majority of people are exposed to UFO, ET via the MSM. If you look at the masses of pop culture that is directly linked to UFO and ET you will be astounded at the volume of it. This precence in the Pop culture world is a reflection of this topic in the cultural psyche and proof of its acceptance and tolerance. Recent surveys reveal that there are huge percentages of Americans and Brits who believe in Aliens and UFO's. These percentages were in the 60-70 percentile ranges. Hardly sheeple. I don't want to get into an indepth arguement about the prevailing beliefs, I just want to highlite the lack of real evidence reflected back by a broader community that holds a belief in these phenomena and reports incidents but fails to provide real evidence(as with all the sightings you link) when technologically, psychologically we are prepared for, accept or are aware of the phenomena in the main. I hope you can see my point.

What national securiy cover up are you inferring too. There has been an ever increasing presence of UFO and Alien inspired phenomena within the MSM since the 50's. Roswell anyone! This is also reflected by Mainstream Popular culture and entertainment that highlights our interest and fascination with this topic. You may believe there was a ban on these reports in your country, but globally there is a different trend in these reports but what trend is also shared is the lack of photographic evidence to support most claims, it is frustrating and an on going criticism of this phenomena, no doubt you are aware of this as you seem as passionate about the topic as I. This is a re-occuring criticism that many skeptics site when we look at sociologocal trends in culture, our increased access to technology that has not aided us in capturing any more solid proofs. It has aided the hoaxers icredibly though, to the detrriment of the field, no doubt you are aware of that too.

Why we mention the celebrity culture, its interesting to see how many 'celebs' are coming out and saying publicly they are interested in UFO's, as the subject is become trendy.
Yes it is interesting, as someone interested in the phenomena it is topical but does that make it significant as a truth? Celebrities express alot of beliefs but the ones relevant to the observer are significant to that obsever only so we have to be careful not to filter out ALL the beliefs expressed by any group and use it as a support for our own beliefs.
UFO's and ET have been cyclical within culture and popularity. Star Trek, Outer Limits and Twighlite Zone early on, The 90's were big with the X-files etc. If you look at other abstract topics you will see similar trends with religions and supernatural topics.

Sure but these are all earthly things i.e everyday life, we have become de sensitised by the images we see in the media therfore, to us its an everyday occurance.
This is my point. We are exposed to topics like Aliens nd UFO's as part of everyday culture. Look at any TV guide, Movies, cartoons, media reports, Talkshows, radioshows, internet, magazines, books, fiction, look at the number of groups, societies and buisnesses that are inspired by these topics, there are even established religions that have their core beliefs derived from these topics. The Idea of UFO and Aliens is ingrained in our western culture IMHO. Why this is not reflected in the habits of individual who capture all these other events via the dominance of personal mobile digital media is a problem for me.

Sightings they only last a few seconds to a few minutes and you spend all that time looking at the object trying to make sense of it.
I agree, time is a factor, but if you read the reports you linked, they contradict this.

Finally, after about 10 minutes, they were directly over me and flying at a very low altitude, and at a very low speed.

The craft then after about 3 minutes rose upward hovered for a brief time then took off Northbound at a very high rate of speed and I lost sight.

Remember the Ohare sighting that was witnessed by countless of people? why didn't the witnesses take photos of the object it was low enough to get a good picture wasn't it?
I do remember this. This is a criticism of the event. Ask yourself, why did we not get more fotage. WHY? in this day and age.

The problem is they were mesmorised by the object. something that defies our educated minds to as far as we can go means that it will take much longer to registar the event.
I agree, there would be that element of "what the hell is that thing?" I doubt there would not be a single one of us that would not go through that whilst referencing our minds for examples of human "crafts" that we have had experienced that would help us quantify the new unexplained experience.

Therefore, when I talk about education, I mean desensitising and conditioning the mind to accepting the event, therefore, allowing the mind to to put the sighting to one side and get out the camera.
I can see what you mean, but I would argue that we already are accepting of UFO and Aliens as being possible. I find it troubling that with the amount of individuals that are interested in this topic, exposed to it, or even just aware of it, that this is not reflected by a society increasingly habitual in capturing experiences via this personal and mobile digital media.
Perhaps its a matter of generations, we may have to wait for the newest generation that seem even more of dependant in the habit of capturing most of their experiences automatically rather than say, your, or my generation that may have to think about it first.

Again everything you talk about has already been conditioned into our mind they are all pertainign to earth HUMAN BEINGS when a person sees something that doesn't fit in to the criteria we have been sold its a different ball game.
Well, Fran, anything we experience is going to be pertaigning to earth HUMAN BEINGS. I feel you are grasping at the concept that there is no knowledge of UFO and Aliens within the mainstream. This is absolutely wrong. You or I are not privy to secret knowledge, we are exposed to the same information as all others by and large, our interest grows by experience or exposure to those that have had experiences or pop culture inspired by these. Our topic of interest, UFO's, is also competing with a plethora of other beliefs that also share the problem UFO and Aliens experience when we look at the lack of proof within a culture immersed in personal and portable technology.
How many sighting or experiences of ghosts are there? With Photo's?
Of alien abductions or of aliens.
Crop Circles being formed.
Jesus. Mary, God.
Demons.
I hope you can see my point.

When I first had my sighting I was spellbound I didn't think twice about getting a camera, until the event was over. Does that mean I am lying?
Does it mean you are lying, No. But can you prove that? This is what the topic is up against. Like all these alternative or supernatural topics.

It is a really interesting problem, I guess only time will tell. Until then, we only have the word of people. Just like those who say they talk to spirits, or G*D, or are abducted against their will by malevolent beings, those that have lived previous lifes, People who have visions of Jesus, Those visited by friendly benevolent aliens, people who contact the dead, Guru's who are intouch with the infinite universe, Prophets who have the true word, people who see a UFO.

top topics

join