It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grand Chessboard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"Just one glance at the map of the vast Eurasian landmass underlines the geopolitical significance to America of the European Bridgehead - as well as it's geographic modesty. The preservation of that bridgehead and its expansion as the springboard for democracy are directly relevant to America's security"

"It is imperative that no Eurasian challenger emerges, capable of dominating Eurasia and thus also of challenging America. The Formulation of a comprehensive and integrated Eurasian strategy is therefore the purpose of this book"

The Grand Chessboard
Zbigniew Brzezinski

BBC NEWS 24 Has confirmed that the U.S. Administration is concerned that a Euro SuperState is evolving, and the Franco-German Axis is in control.

As the Above quote confirms, Blair says he wants YES but if he gets a "No" then the shape of Europe goes the way the Americans want it...he went to the USA last week to meet Bush, this week he's U-Turned on his Referendum Policy...acting like a Poodle yet again.

If there's a YES, well Europe becomes a direct threat to American Primacy in Eurasia and beyond...Europe cannot be allowed to interfere with the duties of Bad Cop USA.

If only Good Cop UN would save us?

looks like we're doomed to One World Government.
It's a stitch up.

[Edited on 4/20/2004 by Chaosica]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well, If the Euro Superstate is going to be run by France, I don't see much of a threat there. Anyway, I think the Euro Superstate is going to be too busy trying to keep Islam from taking them over in the next few decades to be much of a threat to the US.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I agree with Chaosica.

If Europe were to unite as one massive power that would create a hell of a lot more problems for he Euros than it would for anybody else.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I agree with Chaosica.

If Europe were to unite as one massive power that would create a hell of a lot more problems for he Euros than it would for anybody else.

Spiderj

Sorry was doin two things at once, that was supposed to say I agree with Ambient Sound, not Chaosica.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
ive been watching the news and this has been a long time coming.

they already have plans to have a multinational army:
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2003/11/29/weu29.xml

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

BBC NEWS 24 Has confirmed that the U.S. Administration is concerned that a Euro SuperState is evolving, and the Franco-German Axis is in control.

Post "link" please.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
it was a news report presented on TV that I saw last night, you might catch it again if you go to www.bbcnews.co.uk

it's no secert that America doesn't want any other competition. China is competition, the EU is competition.

you want evidence that that is the US policy?

Read Project for a New American Century
Read The Grand Chessboard

then compare them to what you see going on around you.

WAR is on.

[Edited on 4/21/2004 by Chaosica]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaosica
it's no secert that America doesn't want any other competition. China is competition, the EU is competition.

you want evidence that that is the US policy?

Do you think anyone here disagrees that the US doesn't like anyone else gaining power? Who would be so foolish? Big dogs hate to have other big dogs on the same block.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The only threat the EU will serve is a threat of Economic Power, and that's all. The European's are too liberal for their own good it seems, especially when it comes to war. The Citizen's of the European Continent, at least too me, are known for revolting at a whim sometimes. If they don't like what their government is doing, and doesn't change, they go crazy.

The only Military threat I see is Russia because they are hell of fighters, and slightly China because of sheer numbers, and that's it. I really don't see being afraid of any other nation, as I've said before. to cross the ocean and land enough troops to worry the USA is near impossible. Air power is too strong in these days, it's harder and harder to have ground forces and a Navy. Air Power has conquered all, but the only problem with Air Power is it cannot maintain ground, it destroys what's there, but can't perimeter the area and keep it under control.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
hopefully i wont get to many rocks thrown at me for this statement but,:

what is wrong with having one superpower in control? (and im not talking NWO here)

the united states is the most gentel and enlightend of all the "opressors" this world has ever seen.
at every high point in civilization it has been under a single superpower,not 2 superpowers fighting for control consider:
(1)the greeks under Alexander
(2)the romans
(3)the age of American superpower

lowpoints have many countrys of similar levels fighting for control, consider
(1)the dark ages of midevil europe
(2)the balence of power wars in europe
(3)WWI
(4)WWII

i dont know just my opinion. but why upset the balence in an attempt to stand up to the US just so the US wont be a lone superpower? that looks like a formula for un-needed war and turmoil to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
what is wrong with having one superpower in control? (and im not talking NWO here)

I think it's seen as a kind of autocratic system to have just one power in control of everything. I suppose an analogy could be monopolies.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
i dont know just my opinion. but why upset the balence in an attempt to stand up to the US just so the US wont be a lone superpower? that looks like a formula for un-needed war and turmoil to me.
You can't upset a balance that doesn't exist. The reason there should be another "super power" is so that there will be an alternative. The United States, especially during the last 30 - 40 years, has meddled in the affairs of foreign nations far too often and for selfish reasons. Someone has to create a blance, because right now the scale is tipped all the way over to the US.

Don't get me wrong, I'm American and I love what this country was and could be again, but I'm not happy with our foreign policy right now. Since America has become the lone "super power," we've acted like hypocritical bullies. That has to stop, and it won't without being challanged (socially and politically) by an equal.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i've been reading this for the first time in a while, and what comes to mind is that i saw Zbig Brzezinski on BBC TV being interviewed.

He said he thought the war in Iraq was a terrible idea, but I got the impression he meant in it's implementation.

If that's not RealPolitik then i'm a Dutch Striker with a poisoned toe.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
strategically the war was a great idea, even if it is creating hordes of small armed resistance. our government knows they are not much a threat. as long as we control the main fluxuation of resources then the other 'big dogs' will be looking to us as the big brother. we have the ability to protect all other civilized industrial nations from low brow threats, and the means to maintain economic prosperity on a world wide scale. as long as our foriegn competition sees us as having everything under control there should be few problems but that of the current fanatics we so frequently swat down. its a mess that is for sure, but a containable one.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
I agree with Chaosica.

Spiderj

Ah, doesn't anyone other than me remember the last time Europe had problems...

Would be interested in anyone's take about how the election might affect this scenario...

top topics

join