It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4/20 Eye of Horus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm not sure if you guys have ever heard of Dr. Salla, or how his credibility stands up, but I wanted to relay something interesting. I read this article by Dr. Salla a few weeks ago dealing with an "Eye of Horus" forming in the C3 satellite images. Check out this link, and then continue with this post...... www.exopolitics.org...

Now, check out today's C3 images
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...#

It looks to me like there is an eye in this picture, which is much clearer than the one in Dr. Salla's example. Now, I don't believe in this necessarily, but it does seem a little weird......

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Get outta town....are those for real? They haven't been doctored?

Please say they have, because that's freaky.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You would think that the ones on SOHO's site wouldn't be doctored....just a coincidence with the formation of a eye? Maybe it's kinda like the Mars pics, you see something after looking long enough
Good find though

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I don't know.

Those certainly are pretty pictures but something seems fishy.

Plus the guy definitely has a vested interest. It seems almost cultish if you check out his support page and then go to COURSES.

The course enrollment fee is 333 dollars, which I'm sure is a magically significant number that he'd be more than happy to tell you about.

I think it's a little hinky but again nice photos.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Is this the 'Eye of Horus' captured on camera and does it signify a non-human intelligence attempting to communicate with humanity?

hahaha... i'm dying to know how some intelligence can manipulate matter from the sun. especially matter that is basically all protons, and several thousand degrees Kelvin.

it's nothing.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Another note of interest. The "eye of horus" in Dr. Salla's example happened when the NEAT comet passed by the sun. If you remember, the Bradfield comet just passed by the sun the past few days.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChainReaction
Another note of interest. The "eye of horus" in Dr. Salla's example happened when the NEAT comet passed by the sun. If you remember, the Bradfield comet just passed by the sun the past few days.

Then I would propose this: "jetwash" so to speak, from the comet. I'm not well versed enough in fluid dynamics to be able to explain exactly why, but when objects speed through a gas, they leave a ripple simmilar to that of when you throw a pebble in a pond. Though the corona is mostly protons, it is still matter, and still a gas. (Gasses, by the way, are considered fluids, too) As the comet jets through the corona, it leaves a "ripple" in the corona. And remember, the tail of the comet is no indication of what direction it is headed -- it always points away from the sun -- so don't assume it is headed towards the "eye".

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
it does look like an eye though.....a really really big eye!!!

they're everywhere and they're watching us!!!!

seriously i don't know what to make of the eye, it's just as fascinating at the sighting of jesus and angels in some of the other nebulas...like the eagle nebula (i think)

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The whole site seems fishy, his credentials are supsect and vague. I'm searching the american university site and haven't found him yet.

Is this really the way an alien species would communicate with us. A vague eye through an obscure telescope?

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
never mind he's there.

Unless the American University is like the Columbia school of broadcasting.

I still think it's fishy.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
seriously i don't know what to make of the eye, it's just as fascinating at the sighting of jesus and angels in some of the other nebulas...like the eagle nebula (i think)

:shk: people who have to look outside in(of) the world for signs of their faith. :shk:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The pictures are fantastic and dont seem to be doctored....as far as alien life manipulating this ...doubt it but dont dismiss it totally....i saw the northern lights one night with a friend and they looked like an angel with moving wings and it lasted for almost an hour and i thought it was strange that the northern lights should last that long with still the same basic pattern and only what appeared to be wings moving ,it was really great to watch and i have seen the lights before but never seen them hold a pattern like that or hold any pattern for that long......
i do believe in signs though and this could be a sign....
Does anyone think the eye looks anything other than human.????

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by worldwatcher

:shk: people who have to look outside in(of) the world for signs of their faith. :shk:

hey jakeyboy are we agreeing again???? oh perish the thought

btw I hope you were not implying that I am looking to skies for signs of Jesus and a big old eye...cuz that ain't my faith, but i thought you knew that. just clarifying though....things have been strange since we started seeing eye to eye on certain things

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I posted this once but it got deleated somehow. Here is the picture from the official NASA site.

And this is supposed to be the picture from a German site (star.mpae.gwdg.de...) which, I'm pretty sure, automatically posts the very first image which NASA posts. I've circled something, which I'll get to in a second.
www.jrue.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

If you notice, the contrast is different between the pic from the NASA site and the pic from the German site. This has never been the case from my experience. The two images are always the same, however this time the German image seems darker than the NASA image. I don't know if this is significant, but i believe it shows that NASA changed the contrast on their image. Also, for imformation sake, I had to save the image from the German site as a .png file and upload it to www.jure.com. However, this did nothing to the contrast. The image here appears exactly as it did on the German site.

Now, what I circled is evident in both pictures, however it is more visible in the German picture. Does that look like a face to anyone else? It really does to me, but I guess I'm predisposed to seeing it as a face, and I can not change that image in my mind.

Also, FYI, this post was originally intended to show that the NASA and German images were different, when they should have been the same. it was only after posting this the first time that I noticed the face, and that it is more prominate in the German picture.

Any comments? Is any of this significant, or have I just stayed up way past my bedtime?

P.S.- I'm not prone to finding hidden objects in pictures, but I've had a good time w/ these satellite photos, that's for sure.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by ChainReaction]

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by ChainReaction]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's more likely that the GERMAN site changed the picture than NASA did.

And if you enhance and play with the contrast on pictures, you can find all sorts of things that aren't there.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Maybe this has something to do with it:

Reprinted From: sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

The "funny-looking spheroid" is a typical response of the SOHO LASCO coronagraph CCD detector to an object (planet or bright star) of small angular extent but so bright that it saturates the CCD camera so that "bleeding" occurs along pixel rows. There is a bright horizontal streak on either side of the image, because the charge leaks easier along the direction in which the CCD image is read out by the associated electronics.

CCD stands for charge-coupled detector, and refers to a silicon chip, usually a centimeter or two across, divided into a grid of cells, each of which acts like a small photomultiplier in that an incoming photon knocks loose one or more electrons. The electrons are "read out" by row (fast direction) and column (slow direction), the current converted to a digital signal, and each cell or picture element ("pixel") thus assigned a digital value proportional to the the number of incoming photons in that pixel (the brightness of the part of the image falling on that pixel). This is the same kind of detector as is used in a hand-held video camera, though until recently, the analog-to-digital conversion was left out in consumer devices.

If you point a video camera at a very bright source (say, the Sun), the image "blooms" or brightens all over --- there are so many electrons produced in the pixels corresponding to the bright source that they spill over into adjacent rows and column, perhaps over the entire detector. Better CCD's will "bleed" only along the fast readout direction (a single row), and perhaps a few adjacent rows.

The LASCO and EIT CCD cameras include "anti-bleed" electronics which limit the pixel bleeding around bright sources to less than the full row (and usually no adjacent rows). In the case of a marginally too-bright object, the pixel bleeding will be only a few pixels in either direction along the fast readout direction. Thus, the "flying saucer" images.

A few of the LASCO images that have appeared on the "extraterrestrial" Web sites show much larger and brighter, but still saucer-like features. These images are in fact obtained with the instrument door closed, but with an incorrectly long exposure. The big "saucers" result from massive pixel bleeding along every row of the detector containing part of the image of the "opal," or small diffusing lens, in the instrument door, that is used for obtaining calibration data.

If your correspondents still prefer to believe that the pixel-bled images of planets or bright stars are something else, ask them why the extended part of the "saucers" (i.e., the pixel bleeding) always occurs in the same direction relative to the image --- even when the spacecraft is rolled relative to its normal orientation relative to the Sun.

top topics

join