It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did the American Corruption Begin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
New to the site
can anyone please fill me in when the american political corruption begin
I heard speculation JFK was the only puppet who tried to detach his own strings
please fill me and provide links if possible , thanks

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
After you lost the war of independance.
that theories a bit out there though,so most people would say when you handed over the ability to print your nations money to the federal reserve.JFK circulated dollars backed by the silver standard,about 3 months later he was shot.The federal reserve didn't like that move one bit it seems.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I would say before Andrew Jackson. But he seems the first to try to make a difference after that national bank stuff started.
Wiki - Andrew Jackson

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Please watch the Money Masters documentary. It explains everything perfectly. It will be the most important video you'll ever watch in your life..

Google Video Link
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936

[edit on 25-3-2009 by RiotComing]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I would say that it started with Alexander Hamilton's implementation of a central bank. I think that he was the "Rat" that Patrick Henry warned about. He was a closet royalist as far as I can tell. Interesting question.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If I might add something.

The problem of public servant corruption started long ago in the West.

The concept of honorable service to the community was never embraced in the West in the manner it was in the far east.

Because of the classicism inherent in the West's social doctrine, no honor nor special merit was given to those 'functionaries' who performed services for the public good. Often these 'careers' were a matter of forced servitude or 'lower' class employment.

Autocracy and Feudalism, or geneologically-contrived Tribal succession serve to fracture social merit into distinct categories. As society evolved the need for a more sophisticated model of internal governance allowed for the elevation of prestige and social perks which were available to the public servant. Eventually, as the proportion of serfs to lords became more skewed it became inevitable that sustainable governance required ministerial duties to be delegated outside the upper class circles.

In part, because of the industrialization of the financial sector, money became the superlative tool for enticing loyalty, service, and even reward of ministerial public servants, without the need for diluting the aristocratic or tribal leadership's concentration of power.

From that point forward, we became slaves to money. It has driven us from meritocratic, egalitarianism to debt-serfdom. All because money by it's own nature, knows no loyalty, nor limits its movement through restricted circles as any non-owner desires. "The spice must flow."

Corruption began there. The notion that 'fractional reserve lending' is a reasonable model upon which to allow bankers to function is the ultimate 'free ride'. And make no mistake about it, the bankers knew then, and now, that without it their illusion of control collapses. They bought that power, because they conspired with industrialists in War and Education to ensure that the model be rendered 'unchallengeable' and virtually 'infallible.'

Some might say they use subterfuge and criminal methods to ensure they received that irrevocable boon from Royalty and Governments around the world. Perhaps we will never know, but it does seem a reasonable supposition considering the history we are aware of.

Ultimately, they inserted themselves as the middle-men of all international affairs, their supreme goal was to dominate ALL commerce, and so they have. America had yet to exists as a concept before all this had already been accomplished.

The "Central" banking practice was repeatedly forced down our young nations throat several times, even by some of our founding fathers, who seemed ill-disposed to fight it. Each time we vomited the poison out, and ended up in one war or another... each time people proposing that we 'borrow' money to win the wars.

Our Presidents resisted, they had seen, some first hand, what happens to nations who 'borrow' for war. And much to the dismay of early America's enemies, she was not 'an easy mark'. We kept winning our conflicts, despite lack of 'international' funding.

I'm sorry for the lengthy reply, but the point of this all is that the question you ask needs a very specific answer, one that includes a foundation that can't be given to you with a simple date, or name.

American corruption existed from the start, because corruption has no nationality. It would be more direct to answer that corruption 'took hold' in America the day the political parties abandoned the principles of patriotism and loyalty to American values, over winning elections.

It became about winning. Which is easier when you know how to 'sell' your party to the people and the party sponsors. As soon as the psychology of 'selling' was introduced to the political party machinery, we lost them.

In the end our political parties sold out to the same buyer, leading us to the now clearly failed make-believe 'two-party' facade that is in fact a 'one party' system.

Corruption, like anything else in human behavior, is a matter of degree.

-----------------

If your question had a more specific focus, like the economy or banking, or the military industrial complex, or the legacy and heritage of the robber barons, the answer would take a different form.

I will go with the Jekyll Island - Federal Reserve Act. It was then that the bank cartel was able to establish their control of the United States economy, and with that, The policies of her Federal Government (like the IRS). So the time I would give would be 1913, on Woodrow Wilson's watch.

But don't be too hard on Woody. He was merely a well-spoken, elite and charismatic academician, propped up by banker monies to win the election (sound familiar?) He did what he was advised to do. Afterward, he saw the abuse to which he had been subjected and accepted that it had been a tragic mistake.

But by that point the new private bank, which adopted the name "Federal Reserve Bank" had acquired a total monopoly on money production, and lending rate control, with no oversight and no legal liability to perform, as well as iron-clad immunity from redress.

Depressing, huh?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Which came first, the chicken or the egg......

Which came first, the corrupt politician or the lobbiest......?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Saytun

Actually it has always been there. Even the founding fathers had to battle it a few times. Supposedly George Washington was handled but I have to do more reasearch to find out for sure.

Supposedly John Adams was supposed to win the first election, but the people that handled GW convinced the reps to vote in John Adams instead.

As long as there is power there is corruption. Even the ancient Greeks had their fair share of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i thinking real corruption was maybe Mccarthey Era

Either is was corrupt , or the adminastration was not the brightest

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ive even heard mention so far of the Anunaki reptillian race , being the first " string pullers" dating back to the Babylonian creation myth era .

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saytun
Ive even heard mention so far of the Anunaki reptillian race , being the first " string pullers" dating back to the Babylonian creation myth era .

If we accept such a notion. We must recognize that it isn't really corruption then.

If we are constructs of another 'superior' race, simply dancing as the puppeteers pull the strings, then we are not really responsible for our mess are we? It's all about someone or something else.

While there are moving and interesting stories to the effect that the Annunaki, or any other race, is responsible for the actions of what we call our 'ruling elite' then shame on us ---- there is then, no 'God', and no 'morality' that we ourselves haven't simply adopted or contrived to comfort ourselves. And we should all simply act in accordance with the rules of wanton abandon "Do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law."

In such a world, we are all utterly alone and there is no future worth struggling for.

The only up-side being, we can simply kill the elite, in a spiteful and inhuman manner; because there are no 'real' consequences, what consequences there are would all be transient inventions of our own and thus, devoid of meaning.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
" Kill all the Elite" ?
then it comes down to the question if we should act individually or as a whole.
If we were to Kill the Elite then why couldn`t we all act as one fist and overthrow the Government.

new topics

top topics

join