It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Renames the War on Terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well, this is Change You Can Believe In, for sure! The War on Terror is over - at least, it has a bright shiny new name: "Overseas Contingency Operation".

See? That's all it took to end the WOT.

www.weeklystandard.com...

The end of the Global War on Terror -- or at least the use of that phrase -- has been codified at the Pentagon. Reports that the phrase was being retired have been circulating for some time amongst senior administration officials, and this morning speechwriters and other staff were notified via this e-mail to use "Overseas Contingency Operation" instead.'"

In other news, the Secretary of Homeland Security has redefined terrorism to be "man made disasters". True fact.

Janet Napolitano Refuses to Use the Term “Terrorist”

In my speech, although I did not use the word “terrorism,” I referred to “man-caused” disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That's because there really are no terrorists....only people who are rightfully angry that the United States has treated them so badly.

Seriously....the Obama administration wants to move away from the politics of fear? I thought that was their whole game?

We're in so much trouble.....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

What a joke. However, the Obama disciples will love the new term. What war? Obama said he would end it right? Looks great on paper Barry. Barry keeps his promise by renaming the war. What a spin master.

The term man made disasters fits right into the plan contained in HR 1388. In that Bill the terms natural and other disasters are mentioned multiple times. Man made disasters...why not?

Dirty bombs or a massive oil spills on the coast. I suppose they are both man made disasters in this administration's eyes.

We are screwed.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I read about this online last night and just about fell out of my chair laughing.

So, it is no longer a "war" and has been downgraded and is now an "operation" and apparently only overseas.

Political double-talk, plain and simple.

This simply means that anyone snatched now will not be publicized.

What's next?

Rendition will now be called "Inviting Our Citizens To Tea With Foreign Diplomats"?

Torture will now be called "Machiavellian Drama and Soap Opera Hour"?

[edit on 25-3-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Dirty bombs or a massive oil spills on the coast. I suppose they are both man made disasters in this administration's eyes.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It won't be long before hurricanes, tornadoes, and floods will be considered man made disasters either.

What with global warming and all.....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think we are currently experiencing a man made disaster - the election of BHO.

As mentioned, we are so screwed!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yeah it doesn't matter that in Rahm Emmanuel's book he's for the War On Terror all the way. Sorry, changing the terms won't mean anything because we know you'll continue the War On Terror BS.

top topics

join