It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this is Big

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I hope they built this thing to withstand JET FUEL

This is amazing Arcitecture

They said 2 guys already base jumped off it

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
watched this video about a week ago, truley is amazing what the modern man and woman can achieve. freaks me out just looking at his view and it's a video!!

babel anyone?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
yeah, that's Dubai for ya - it seems to be all the rage for the world's elitist (mis)leaders...

the United Arab Emirates now houses 2 of the most expensive cities in the world - Dubai, and coming soon, Abu Dhabi...
money.cnn.com...

can the world's "coolest" cities hail the world's most despicable people??
why yes, yes they can...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
it almost appears as if Dubai is a modern-day Egypt, in the sense that they're using slave labor to erect the world's most astonishing structures...

Slavery in Dubai

it's sad really...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Wow, that's incredibly high.

You know what instantly sprang to my mind when I saw the structure of it? The Tower of Babel. Awesome.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thank you for pointing this thread out. I was blind an unaware as discovery channel did leave it out. Thanks again adrenochrome!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lighter78

actually, i'm pretty sure there're threads already about this on ATS, but i'll leave that up to the mods to take care of.......

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
At least in Dubai they are investing in education and culture rather than a lot of the other middle eastern countries. Still is not a place I would visit, they just deported an English woman for adultery, banning her from ever entering the country where her kids live and before that jailed a couple for having a bit of sex on the beach. As modern as the place seems the undercurrent is like Mohammed is still around

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

That building is amazing!

I'm afraid of heights, so I would probably drop dead of a heart attack on the 15 minute ride to the top!

I got queazy just watching the reporter looking over the side at the other sky scrapers below!

Yikessssssss!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just watching that video when they were looking over the scaffolding made me feel sick, amazingly high!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
At least in Dubai they are investing in education and culture rather than a lot of the other middle eastern countries. Still is not a place I would visit, they just deported an English woman for adultery, banning her from ever entering the country where her kids live and before that jailed a couple for having a bit of sex on the beach. As modern as the place seems the undercurrent is like Mohammed is still around

Now that they have the tourism infrastructure in place they are changing things to more conservative again. I pass through Dubai a fair bit for work, and Im not a fan, a Big dust bowl with a cranes as far as they eye can see.
Actually they arent so much changing it as enforcing the moral code of the 20% minority indigenous population.
The buildings are wonderful and vile at the same time, with this one, i hope they are not near a fault line..tower of babel anyone?

Playing loud music, dancing, nudity, kissing and even holding hands in public is considered inapproppriate behaviour under new guidelines laid down by the authorities of Dubai,

full article:
www.smh.com.au...

[edit on 24-3-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My god that is amazing!

All the money spent on that, how many people could that have fed?..........

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This is the thing that humanity needs. Goals. Larger and larger goals. The higher we get these buildings, the more occupied we will be in order not to self destruct our civilization. Amazing video by the way. How many seconds for a water balloon to hit the ground from that height ? Nice.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome
[it almost appears as if Dubai is a modern-day Egypt, in the sense that they're using slave labor to erect the world's most astonishing structures...]

Makes me wish the tower would topple over, killing all the elites inside it.

Problem solved.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Its areal wonder. Technically i can see through all difficulties to raise such a structure. To maintain erect too!

Lets see how long this one stands the height!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Its amazing.
Im glad all the money we have given them for oil is paying off.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Oolon

This is not about feeding

Your government spends Trillions RE-FILLING the pockets of

rich bankers, how many could that have fed?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
How many seconds for a water balloon to hit the ground from that height ? Nice.

81.25 seconds

2600/32= 81.25 seconds
=1 minute 21 and a quarter seconds

cat on my lap hard to type more

[edit on 3/24/09 by stikkinikki]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Like you I wonder if it will be used like the WTC as a symbol and then sacrificed with those within and around it as sacrificial lambs. They do it quite often and its very evident. They have a way of taking what they push into our faces and using it against us. I guess that's why I always question the PTB and their motives for letting us know certain things and for trying to show great achievements. Then they destroy it along with the human spirit...

IMHO
Rgds

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Whatever they build over there is cursed because it is a product of slavery and no, the pyramids were not built by slaves as some ignorant newly rich from UAE or Dubai will point out.

Also there is a history of constant strife in these parts of the world for a reason.

Watch how the highest peak in their tourist period (which is summer) will not be what was initially expected.
Watch how they will have to scale down their initial projects and probably have to terminate some of them.
Maybe the recent crisis and what will follow will signal political and social changes for this region of the world.
We may as well witness these "monuments" changing owners in a not very distant future.
All the above are just moderate estimations about the future.

Don't envy them.
It is easy to earn a place in the sun among the rich that might already have property in there, only thing you have to do is sell your soul to the Devil. Cheney's potential property in Dubai or UAE might probably be a gift to him and to similar others, because he was very instrumental for creating thousands of jobless and homeless across neighboring countries so Dubai and UAE could have their slaves flooding over the borders.

[edited to add a reply:]

Originally posted by wiredamerican
This is the thing that humanity needs. Goals. Larger and larger goals. The higher we get these buildings, the more occupied we will be in order not to self destruct our civilization. Amazing video by the way. How many seconds for a water balloon to hit the ground from that height ? Nice.

Humanity current logic and strategy is flawed.
All the morals behind this "wonder" are wrong.
What amazes us is what it appeals most in our senses, hence its the view itself, this feeling, not even how mechanics managed to make it stand.
We could have every human being including those poor souls slaving away to build these "monuments" of shame to having an even more amazing view that our sold souls to the Devil would earn us.

Now in the best circumstance we can only own a tiny spec of room and enjoy the "view" of just the Dubai gulf for probably few mornings of the year, while following different morals and strategy as a species, not just the top world idiots who are lining to sell their souls to the Devil for peanuts, but every one of us, would have it easy to enjoy not just this ugly dust bowl but every place on earth and even every place on 100ths of earths.
Building on a totally new vision.

THAT'S WHAT HUMANITY NEEDS!
Not some more of the products of our faulted logic and strategy.
Nobody should be surprised if this peace of junk will come crashing down either by a dubious scheme or by natural/geological causes. (unpredicted of course by our faulted logic)

[edit on 25-3-2009 by spacebot]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join