It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China VERY UPSET about dollar

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Get in line, China.
Im upset about my dollar too.
Now, getting mad aint gonna change anything.
Tell us how to make it all better, China.
then maybe you will get whats owed to you.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Too late.

You already have.

70% of that computer you're using there comes from the Chinese mainland or Taiwan, the world's largest manufacturers of computer PCB's, microprocessors and microchips.

Nope sorry I'm a PC Tech I know whats in the box I built

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Also good luck trying to control the origin of the grains in your bread or cereal or the pulp in your paper or the ink in your pen, most of which again comes from China or South-East Asia.

Sorry again have you read this ?

Source

World imports and exports for 2008/09 are projected higher
this month. Imports are raised 1.0 million tons for Iran and
0.3 million tons each for Azerbaijan, Turkey, and the United
States. Imports are also raised 0.2 million tons for
Turkmenistan. Partly offsetting are reductions of 0.3 million
tons each for Indonesia and Morocco, and 0.2 million tons for
the Philippines. Exports are raised 1.0 million tons for
Australia with the increase in production. Exports are also
raised 1.0 million tons for Russia based on the strong pace of
shipments to date. Exports are raised 0.5 million tons for
Ukraine based on the pace of sales and shipments and 0.5
million tons for EU-27 based on license and shipment data.
Partly offsetting are reductions of 0.8 million tons for China
and 0.5 million tons for the United States.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So am I.

Both Intel and AMD outsource nearly 50% of manufacturing to China for processors.
www.zdnetasia.com...
www.theregister.co.uk...

ASUS, whom one in three desktop PC motherboards (www.canardpc.com...) in the US are manufactured by are a Taiwanese company and guess where they do their manufacturing?

Run, run as fast as you can, you can't escape from me I'm the Gingerbread man.

[edit on 24/3/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Run, run as fast as you can, you can't escape from me I'm the Gingerbread man.

Well gingerbread man cant seem to do basic math 50% is not 70%

Besides whats it to you where I buy my stuff and from whom?
neither is 1 in 3

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

everything comes from Asia
even things that say made in america is made in China

for example, some intel chips market themselves as made in America
but they are made in China, but 2% of the finishing touches on the chips on done in America.

it's not black and white

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Some of the posters here are berating the Chinese for saying: "We have no choice". You shouldn't berate them because you are not understanding why they say it.

It all began innocently enough. Many countries loaned money to the USA by purchasing US government bonds. That's how the US borrows money... they sell bonds. And when the Japanese, Brits and wealthier EU countries, and China were all loaning money to support the insatiable and insane US spending policies, things were all fine and dandy.

Then as things got more and more extended and bizarre, the only people that had any money left to loan to the USA was China. Now China owns 40% of the entire US debt. That's a pretty big chunk wouldn't you say? If anything, China needs to be appreciated for pouring so damned much money into supporting the US economy.

But it got to the point where it is today. China is owed so much money by the USA... and China doesn't want to be repaid with worthless dollars... that they've slowly and surely gotten into a real pickle.

So it's absolutely true... China has no choice, and it all started out as China being friendly and making loans to another friendly country who is also a huge trading partner.

There's no doubt about it, China is behaving extremely responsibly and carefully. They could... in one sentence... totally destroy the USA. If you think the USA's economy is in bad shape today... hope and pray that China doesn't pull the plug.

And they won't. They can't. They never did plan on hurting the USA and they never will. It's just that now, they "have no choice" but to stay the course and try to prop things up for as long as they can. But the writing is on the wall. China's hooped and so is the rest of the world.

10 years from now, things will be much better... as long as the NWO cabal has been exterminated. But as far as China is concerned, they deserve one hell of a lot of respect and thanks... in this matter at least.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
Get in line, China.
Im upset about my dollar too.
Now, getting mad aint gonna change anything.
Tell us how to make it all better, China.
then maybe you will get whats owed to you.

Guinessford, I mean no disrespect, but you're message to China sounds kind of threatening. I urge you to understand that they aren't just a bunch of bitchers who have nothing else to do. They're innocent is this matter and they stand to lose damn near everything... and just because they helped the USA by loaning it money. A little more understanding and respect is in order.

And no, I'm not Chinese... I'm Irish.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

everything comes from Asia
even things that say made in america is made in China

it's not black and white

yup sure isn't black and white
Source

SAN FRANCISCO—China's semiconductor industry is broken due to recession and underinvestment, with a dip in total chip production contrasted by a 6.8 percent increase in consumption in the country in 2008, according to an analyst.

"China's chip industry, once the wunderkind of the semiconductor industry, is broken, a combination of the recession and too little money being spent by the government," said Robert Castellano, president of The Information Network, in a prepared statement. "Only $7 billion was spent on fabs in the past five years, enough to build only two 300-mm fabs."

Other analysts have speculated that China, which stormed into the foundry market several years ago, had grown weary of the chip business. Last year Bill McClean, president of chip market research firm IC Insights Inc. said China's move into the IC marketplace has been a failure. EE Times reported in December that investment in China's chip industry has been slowing for over a year.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

Im irish too, so ill explain it...
Instead of bitchin our dollar sucks, how bout telling us how to fix it, that way you get real money back instead of our 3 cent dollars that we have now.
A threat would be: if you dont like it, come here and say that, so we can smash your faces, or something stupid like that.
That was more a plea for guidance, or help.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I appreciate the measured tone of your response. But i would argue one point.

China did not buy American debt.

The Chinese Central Bank bought it.

And it wasn't America that actually 'sold' this 'bond' - it was the Fed.

Central Bankers will be the death of us all, if they can figure out a way to profit from it.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

Ok, fair enough!

But the answer to the question about how to fix it is to stop borrowing money and destroy the FED... as Ron Paul so astutely points out. I'm afraid there is no easy fix though because of all the debt the USA currently owes.

But one good piece of advice once given to me was "the first thing to do when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging". That's the only advice China could give you.

And since you're a brother Irishman, I like you already...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

I appreciate the measured tone of your response. But i would argue one point.

China did not buy American debt.

The Chinese Central Bank bought it.

And it wasn't America that actually 'sold' this 'bond' - it was the Fed.

Central Bankers will be the death of us all, if they can figure out a way to profit from it.

You are absolutely correct. But on the same note, I just don't want to see Americans all of a sudden hate the Chinese people over this. That would be so unfair when, as you point out, it is the central banks who are the actors here.

Your last sentence is as purely correct as any I've read today. You and I are on the same page.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Fair enuff!
I really wish i could make em stop diggin! Really!
Unfortunately, my vote dont count.
So even if i backe a pres, congressman, or speaker that said hed stop the diggin, were scr.. buried already.
I, personally don have alot of debt, ive got 2 truck payments, both under a few hundred total a month.
Ive always tried very hard tomake sure im dent free, just in case.
But unfortunately, living by staying debt free is biting me, because ive niot accrued anough "activity", even though ive paid off almost 60k in the past few years.
So there is a double standard for debt, our sucks, and theres is what makes the world go round.
Moral of the story..
Irishmen are good, debt sucks, votes dont count, and china will be mad for a while cuz the people that put themselves in office dont care, they have money.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Grindstone Financial

Sunday, March 08, 2009
What country is the largest manufacturer?
This often comes as a surprise to people but would you believe that by the best measure available - value added manufacturing output - the United States still accounts for 36% of the global value of manufactured goods. China is closing the gap but still represents just 25% of global value added goods.

How can that be you ask? The US doesn't seem to make anything anymore. Well, it's important to note that many of the products you see or use every day are not made in the US but many high dollar value items are still manufactured here. Consider aircraft, defense systems, pharmaceuticals, heavy capital equipment, and precision scientific equipment.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Moral of the story..
Irishmen are good, debt sucks, votes dont count, and china will be mad for a while cuz the people that put themselves in office dont care, they have money.

If I were a teacher, and you a student (the difference in our ages would allow for that), you'd be getting an A+ because you got 5 right out of 5.

Keep your chin up my friend.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Ill keep my chin up, that way the government gets a good k.o. shot, right?
HA! need some humor here, guys and gals!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
How ironic.
We're in this mess because people took out loans they could never pay back, or rather, banks loaned out money to people that would never be able to make good on loans.
Now China is acting like the banks in this scenario.
This should have been a big sign for China, so they have no room to gripe, much less slam the US.

Why don't they admit their mistake and fall on their sword?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Thats an awesome view, i hadnt seen it that way.
Kinda like China is Freddie Mac handing out loans to a 25k a year couple, the U.S, for mortgage on a 750,000 house, huh?
What were they thinking?
Exactly what the banks think...
We can come in, foreclose on it, and sell the house AGAIN!
Will the U.S be for sale soon?
Oh wait, they bought our debt, which in turn, buys us, which in turn, buys our economy, which..
I GET IT NOW!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
We The People Power have a choice.

Everybody,
Let us all counterfeit money like the f##king governments do!
Crash capitalism so we can activate money-free Venus Project.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join