It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many "theory's of corruption" does it take to deem someone a Conspiracy Theorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I hear the phrase tossed around all the time .........and i was wondering .........the way it is used seems incorrect.

Is the negative connotation and lack of credibility associated with anyone labeled a conspiracy theorist unfair? Illogical? an easy way to dismiss something? The politically correct phrase to call someone that thinks about something (maybe even ONCE in a long while that is contrary to what the populace believes) ......?

anyone help me out with this one.....seems that it inferes the person think's about conspiracy's all day long....but it is used to label someone who may just once or twice dabble into things that are "non obvious and potentially criminal and often bizzare"........

can anyone also help me out and determine at what point looking at corruption or fraud.....crosses the line into conspiracy or are these interchaneable............corruption theorist sounds so much more legit than conspiracy theorist........have we been successfully conditioned...or is this a fair representation of a phrase that means anything other than "ooh i don't want to be callled that...i won't think like that....for fear of what others may think of me.....or perhaps losing credibility in a profession and thus being a detrement to make $.....

[edit on 22-3-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I could write everything about my life and the corruption and conspiracy against my life and all of it is true. But of course here, for the most part i am just ignored now, even though what i write is facts.

People do not want to wake up to certain horrible things going on, they just want to talk about id cards lol

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The problem with finding out that something is amiss is that when you start to dig you either have to put down your shovel when you hit something funny or become a conspiracy theorist and never be able to have a sincere conversation about politics, finance, bg industry, etc with people outside of internet forums ever again.

Human psychology is the most important reason for this type of WILLFUL ignorance and it can not just be wisked away by saying "deny ignorance" in fact people will push back with more ignorance (ignorance is not such a negative thing...people need to stop imagining that they don't ever use it as a protection mechanism)......until the pain /pleasure axis in their brain somehow figures a way to accept ugly possible truths without fear or frequently.. the pain from something they are ignorant about grows unbareable they won't change.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Please do not make political correctness any worse than it already is.

Next we will have the term Reverse Conspiracy theorist.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I do agree that once you open yourself upto to something and its reinforced, you find it hard to break that thinking. But the problem is that conspiracies really do happen, thats what makes skeptics look as bad as the conspiracy theorist.

new topics

top topics

join