It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth who get confirmed do not believe in god

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Doesn't believe in god
Juveniles who are getting confirmed in christian churches has other thoughts in mind than godbelief. A new study shows that only a few actually believe in god.

Sceptical
The study was conducted in Norway, Denmark, Finland, Sweden,Switzerland, Germany and Austria.

Here are the results:

* 37 percent believes god created the world
* 38 percent believes Jesus rose from the dead
* 23 percent thinks god helps them in difficult situations
* 17 percent feel they recieve help when they pray
* 8 percent speaks about god often with others

Seem like the christian belief is coming to an end, more and more each year. When i was that age, most kids got confirmed because of the presents and money they get, and definitly not because they believed in the fairytales.

Link (norwegian)

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Daniem]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

i think it is ever increasing ... but i wouldn't say that all youth don't believe in God ... it will most likely never get to that extent where no one believes imo ....

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I Had feeling this is true. I believe parents need to forcus on belief other than the church itself. Church try more to build there church other than belief.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
they believed in the fairytales

what you mean like your opinion of your own openmindedness?

what bias.

Many children I knew getting confirmed didn't have presents afterwards and did go through study and believe and actually love God.

peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I know this is true, some children have many doubts when they are confirmed, but go ahead with it because of the culture in which they live.

But this is where Mystogogy comes in. The children are confirme in the Holy Spirit and this causes the Spirit to work in their lives. I think we are living in an era of the separating the chaff from the wheat. The children who do believe are so much more on fire that I was at their age. Jesus says the time for mercy is coming to a close(private revelation to St. Faustina). People need to chose sides. Confirmation is a step in that direction.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Jesus says the time for mercy is coming to a close

This is so true. This whole last several decades has been the time of mercy before the chastisement comes, 3 days of darkness maybee.

and so like you said, some of the kids today are on fire because of what god is doing in souls through grace, and this is very refreshing to see a fellow catholic on here who understands this.

Also god says he needs so many victims today for sinners like st gemma. probably in the few.

blessings.

top topics

join