It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke verses Jesus Christ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Although David speaks some truths I say he is boardering the religious Cult realm of spirituality and religion, because he uses elements of religion and twists them to sit his view, the only thing missing are miracles and that is because he is not a prophet or a priest who casts out the demons either. He has many followers anyway and that is normal like all types of celebrities and speakers, but although he is maturing in what he says and no doubt the sins of the world is being understood through him I wonder where he is now with all this?, He does sound better now in his recent videos?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Icke is no different than the numerous wackos and religions out there that try to turn people away from God. And I would not even bother responding to someone who cannot even type the name CHRIST when referring to Christians or Christmas. Let the blind follow the blind. They have made their choice so there is no need to bother yourself with them. Just move on to the next person who may be willing to hear about the true Christ with an open mind. Its the end of days so expect to see many many more Ickes jump on the scene and distance yourself from the ones who actually believe their hubub.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
You are right the believers should not be bothered by these people, but I just hope this thread wakes some people up. The young these days are becomming less spiritual and when someone who wants to wake them up with spirituality ets says in their early 20s they realise there is a God but they are easily twisted by people who then turn God in their cult image and they fall for it when the young are vulnerable.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
religious texts can lead one to become ego centric, and because our self is oposite that by nature, we over time, adopt a mind set of self abuses and live in a stern mind, self convinced randomly of things...due to not knowing yourself in nature first. It did after all come second.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradisicalone
religious texts can lead one to become ego centric, and because our self is oposite that by nature, we over time, adopt a mind set of self abuses and live in a stern mind, self convinced randomly of things...due to not knowing yourself in nature first. It did after all come second.

It does say in the New Testament not to be ego centric and to do God's work without exhaulting it, something like that, but people forget to study the Bible and they make their own version up with fogotton or missed verses because they think reading it once is the same as reading a normal book.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
well Icke is like 50 plus and Jesus was was like in his 30's when he died , I'd put my money on Jesus , I wonder if Don King would get involved. Now Jesus vs the Hamburgaler that would be something to see.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Has anyone here actually read Icke's books and comments on the religions?

He says while he believes that they exist to control people and lock them into a certain mind frame (evidenced in this thread too), 95% of religious people and the overall MESSAGE of peace and love from the religions is great and he wishes people would be more like it.

Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, pick a name and just be a good person "in his name" if you need someone to justify yourself to. That's what he says. His opinion isn't as extreme as is being made out here.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Not saying i agree with David, but he sings a tune which if interpreted could make some sense.

Ive always looked at the bible as one big book of symbolism. IMO even Jesus Christ is a symbol. So i think when Ike refers to Christ, he isn't necessarily referring to the "man" as much as the symbol.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

"David Icke verses Jesus Christ"

You mean 'mini-me' vs. Muhammad Ali

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
..... even Jesus Christ is a symbol.....

????

OK, who have I talked with for over 4 decades???? My best friend is real...not a sympol...to me atleast...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
William Cooper was a christian. I think maybe there was a time that you could have considered Icke to be of a similar faith.

But some times the truth is so shocking there is no way of denying that. When you really want to get down to brass and tacks you have to learn to let your FAITH sit and the back seat and let LOGIC go to work.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I personally look forward to the day when an intergalactic visitor lands his spaceship and meanwhile everyone's expecting something that looks like an octopus with 10 arms, but instead out walks a human who looks exactly like us. Now that would be funny.
Our scientists will no doubt be very red faced.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by kindred]

Now that made me laugh.

Now I have a question for you; it is not a far stretch of the imagination that Jesus will return in the form of a Human, just a little larger as he supposed to place a foot on each side of the river that flows through jeruselem, and that he would arrive in what we would consider an UFO, the question is: Will you be as red faced as the scientist? Or will you continue your current stance ?

just wondering.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Before Jesus returns we will see hundreds of couterfiets, from cult religions, people who claim they are Jesus and alng ith that fake UFOs designed to confuse the public as Satan's tool, maybe some of his fallen ones too which is to no suprise part of an inevitable plan. Predictions say that the Angelic human hybrids will come about again like the times of Noah and it could be happening in todays world, if not just about to spawn as we give the key to the permission in our world that opens the door for the next to have the same rights.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

Nothing would surpise me, as I'm open minded in regards to this reality and our future. Within reason I would say anything is possible. My stance is one of open mindedness and using common sense and good reasoning to determine what's true and what isn't and extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof. I won't delude myself like some people do by claiming to know what the future holds. As far as I'm concerned, the bible is nothing more than conjecture and is open to interpretation.

One thing I do know, if Jesus doesn't return or doesn't turn out to be the being you all claim he is, then most Christians are going to be a lot more gutted than I will ever be.

Time Lord, everything you say is based on nothing but conjecture, interpretation and your extremely one track mind. To believe wholeheartedly in something without any proof & good reasoning is truly a dangerous game to play and you're setting yourself up for a very big fall. If what you believe doesn't manifest itself and come true, you are going to be seriously disappointed or even shell shocked.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think Icke has said a lot of true things. I do not follow him that much though.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
A lot of people here and everywhere are making out that Christ was never in the flesh, was never the son of God, was just a historic person, just a person, the Angel Michael, a spirit being and not in the flesh, a made up character and just a story book some today say they are Christ. Some believe but do not admit he came in the flesh and some believe but do not think he was here to save us through his covenant through his death in the flesh.

Either way the message is to always deny the Christ, and even if many other apostate religions use the Bible, the Bible cleary states that those that deny the Christ are anti-christs and as well as that not from God when testing the spirits.

The message is, his rival wants to cover his tracks and send his followers to hell along with him.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

There's no hard evidence that Christ was who he claimed to be. You can't expect people to embrace something without evidence or proof. Basic spiritual common sense and just because people don't literally believe everything that's written in the Bible, doesn't mean that they don't follow or practise the teachings of Christ. The Bible is full of dogma and doctrine, which if anything has nothing to with the true teachings of Christ. The truth comes from within.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The Gods And Goddesses that men worship do have power but it is rather limited to the culmination of the psychic will of these believers that contributed there history or their life force in and too the Akashic record rather than the individual belief of one mans minute contribution but some men do have the strength of mind although rare to influence milli9ons of otjhers.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
As for this thread, I don't find David Icke that important when comparing his views to Jesus Christ because there are countless other issues that are similar, but I brought up the subject to see what people thought, I am not going to bash Icke just try and see the opposites of it all to try and make some sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

A lot of people here and everywhere are making out that Christ was never in the flesh, was never the son of God, was just a historic person, just a person, the Angel Michael, a spirit being and not in the flesh, a made up character and just a story book some today say they are Christ. Some believe but do not admit he came in the flesh and some believe but do not think he was here to save us through his covenant through his death in the flesh.

Either way the message is to always deny the Christ, and even if many other apostate religions use the Bible, the Bible cleary states that those that deny the Christ are anti-christs and as well as that not from God when testing the spirits.

The message is, his rival wants to cover his tracks and send his followers to hell along with him.

Ok this is where you guys really start to get on my nerves so please try to understand it from a logical standpoint that has not had Bible stories drilled into their heads from the time of conception and believe in things that are physically and scientifically impossible all while rejecting, historical facts and laws physics.

In my opinion religion is borderline insanity and capable of rendering the vast majority of society incompetent to solve problems from a logical standpoint.

If you can prove ANYTHING you just said please do.

Otherwise sit down and shut up because you are just regurgitating lies that have been told to you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join