It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Spy Putin Really in Photo With Reagan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Is Spy Putin Really in Photo With Reagan?

news.aol.com

Was Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin captured posing as a tourist, while serving as a KGB spy, in a photograph with former President Ronald Reagan?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
On the website there is a picture of a "tourist" who the photographer says in Vladimir Putin pretending to be a tourist. You will have to judge for yourself if it is Putin or not. It does look like him, and I think it would be pretty funny if it was indeed him.

The photo takes place with the Russian president of the time and Ronald Reagan in Red Square.

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hard to say other than it's a guy who looks distinctly European.

IRM

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It certainly looks like him. That said, I respect Putin. He's an evil bastard but a respectable evil bastard. The last three American Presidents have been giant wussies who like being armchair warriors! Clinton, Bush, and Obama all candy asses!

How the Secret Service can stomach protecting these douche bags is beyond me!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think its probably him. It looks an awful lot like him, but also, Reagan was 6'1". Putin? I've seen him listed anywhere from 5'5" to 5'7". That roughly matches the height disparity that's obvious in that photo.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Let me get this straight:
They're trying the old "Ahmadinejad Kodak moment" trick with Putin now?

Claiming he appears in some long lost photo from gods knows where, taken in god knows when?

Lol. The fear-mongerers really need to pull some new tricks from the Hat because this card's been played out to death.

And Putin was never a "KGB Spy" as this article hopelessly insinuates, he served in the KGB 5th Directorate which combated political dissent in the Soviet Union.

For anyone seriously giving this article a second thought, this was Putin in his KGB heydays:

DON'T drink the Kool-Aid.

[edit on 21/3/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wouldn't be a very good spy if he let's himself get photographed that close to the President.

Also if he was a spy, posing as a tourist isn't going to get any secrets is it?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There is no mole or bump on the right cheek of the supposed Putin. Can you grow a mole in 20 years?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It looks like him, but I really fail to see the big issue here.

We all know he is ex-KGB, so that's no surprise.

Also, this photo was taken in MOSCOW, so I would hardly call any KGB agent in the Russian capital a "spy". Surely that is where you'd expect to see KGB agents, especially when the leader of your arch-enemy is coming to visit!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Why would it matter if it was him? It sort of looks like him, but likely is not. Even if it was, he was in the KGB. That's what they did. Do you think all the people who come to look at a foreign leader when he visits the USA are all "tourists"? This is just part of the worldwide spy game. No assassination attempt or anything like that, the spies are just there for security and intelligence reasons and they dress like tourists to blend in.

No conspiracy here even if it was Putin. Take a deep breath. Realise that there is not a conspiracy in everything, sheesh.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by tallcool1] Oops, Stumason beat me to the punch. Pretty much the same thing he said.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by tallcool1]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Everybody keeps trying to relate the photograph with some sort of physical comparison.

And as it has been stated that he wasn't even in the country at the time. If the man was in the KGB or still is, i'm sure they would never admit he was in the country ( why it really matters i don't know) and spy's alter there appearance all the time.

Make-up, wigs, attention to detail. I suppose the only thing you could really analyze would be his height compared to the released physical height recognized by the Russian Govt.

I don't see a conspiracy here at all. If anything it's interesting, but nothing more.

Actually i would be surprised if there wasn't any KGB in the area at the time.

You know we do the same thing, implanting secret service into the crowd when a dignitary or president is out in public.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

They're in Moscow, in red square, with Gorbachev and Reagen... the two most powerful men in the world at the time and someone is surprised that there may be a Russian KGB agent there?

I wouldn't be surprised if they said the little kid was KGB.

If Reagan were on the Capitol steps with Gorbachev, do you suppose the place wouldn't be crawling with secret service?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So let's say it Putin in the picture. Now what? What does that prove? I don't understand why this is a big deal? I fully expect American Intelligence operatives to be around foreign dignitaries when they're on American soil. I really don't get what the story is here.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Didn't he serve in East Germany in the 80s? It is pretty hard to combat dissent in USSR from there....
But generaly, i see no resembance to Putin. Almost sure that it is KGB guy since red square is almost empty , doubt that this was possible on such nice sunny day. So only those who needed to be there were there. Again - doubt that it was Putin. There were a lot of KGB guys.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

There's really no story to it that I can see. I think its almost certainly him, but its nothing I wouldn't have expected to occur in the Soviet Union. I'd have expected an event like that to be crawling with KGB.

top topics

join