It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life for Theft!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
KOTV

This is absurd! A life sentence for theft regardless of her history is excessive. Yet here in the Sooner State the pastor of the church my wife and I used to attend molested 4 of his 5 daughters over a 20 year period and he never spent a day in jail! And now walks around on probation! He did not even lose his job!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I like many others get what is like a virtual life sentence for doing nothing, people just needed to make it up about me. So i know how the person feels.

My advice to anyone make sure you never bring someone into the world, becuase people are just scum, and i like others will have to live the rest of my life out, paying ofr someone elses thoughts.

NUTCASES, the lot of them, who get into positions of power.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Change is Coming.

These scum must be eradicated...

Where is Mercy with our fears? There is none.

None asked, none given.

Be Ready.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What kind of punishment do you think would work then?
She is a serial criminal.

heroin addict whose history of theft-related crimes dates to 1971. Her arrest record shows convictions in California, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.

www.tulsaworld.com...
arrest record shows theft cases in California, Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas. She has gone to prison before for thefts. She also went to prison for a 1983 assault.

She does not learn from the punishments she has received. So, tell us, what punishment will prevent her from being a serial criminal?

At least in prison, she will get 3 meals, warm bed and get free from her heroin addiction. I would think this would be a blessing for her.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by inked up]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by inked up

A reasonable assertion. However, if treatment for the heroin addiction had been more thorough, if the money was not in the incarceration, but changing the social ill, then she would not be there to begin with.

I understand your train of though, but I do not agree.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Boy what a surprise she was living off of welfare and never had a job in her life. I guess if she actually had a job like the rest of us she wouldn't have the time to get in trouble.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The 'system' is more responsible than you seem to consider. Re-read your statements, with an open mind. I have seen these types, and indeed it is pathetic; but where there could have been help in the form of available aid, there wasn't any.

Doubt all you want. Count your blessings, in other words.

Oh yeah, and don't forget to send your children to see Pastor Bob for sunday school 'lessons.'

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What I find worrying is that someone can be sentenced to life in prison for shoplifting.

Is there anything preventing a judge to sentence someone to life in prison on a first offence of shoplifting?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
reply to post by inked up

A reasonable assertion. However, if treatment for the heroin addiction had been more thorough, if the money was not in the incarceration, but changing the social ill, then she would not be there to begin with.

I understand your train of though, but I do not agree.

But what if she does not want treatment. You can not force someone to get help for an addiction. You can even force them to stay in some treatment facitlity, but unless they want help, it is useless.

So, how else does one who choses to be a criminal be punished?

I am not saying I agree with a life sentence. The problem is, so many people say something is wrong, and dont offer a logical solution.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I followed the reference link from the article link here. It seems her attorney is going to appeal or try to renegotiate the sentence. I just wonder who is looking after her mother now.

top topics

join