It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are aliens doing a good job staying hidden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It's pretty obvious that they are making an effort to stay hidden from the general public as the vast majority of the population doesn't believe they exist.

But if you look at it from their perspective, they can't possibly think they are doing that good of a good job. Aliens are in movies, toys, video games etc... There are hundreds of message boards with thousands of posters and millions of threads dedicated to the discussion of aliens. Youtube is brimming with UFO and general alien conspiracy videos. The idea of visitors from outer space has permeated into our society.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by icecap]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well, according to all the polls that are being down, 80-90 percent of people believe in ufos, ets, and that the government is hiding information. I don't believe that ets are trying to stay hidden either. They are slowly acclimatizing us to their presence.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I've never heard of those polls with 80-90 percent, that sounds really high to me.

I don't think staying hidden is their primary concern, but they at least put some effort into it or we would be seeing sightings all the time.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Perhaps we are being slowly aclimated to the idea that extra-terrestrials exist and are in fact here, like what mystiq said. We as a speices tend to respond badly to suprises.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Well if they are trying to be all hidden and covert they are doing a aweful job at it, as you said aliens are within so many products now that we could say that aliens have hit main stream culture. I personally think that aliens are not trying to hide, but they are trying to keep a really low profile (yer i know, almost same thing). I think that they are slowing getting more and more attention and that eventually they will come out and been seen properly. If they just suddenly popped out with out any preparation and coordination with our government there would be a mass panic. Now if we saw the G20 walk out with a gray and explain to us everything then it would be a lot more controlled - although if the G20 walked out with a gray i think ATS would go into over drive.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

I think humanity as a whole would go insane. And not the good sort of insane. We can't even accept differences in each other. Aliens? Fohgettaboutit.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I think the global population now is quite receptive to the idea that alien civilizations may exist and may have or are visiting earth. The problem is that most UFO sightings, videos, pictures etc are hoaxes and that is why people generally look at any alien/UFO story with suspicion and skepticism.

But I think that the govt is denitely hiding the truth from the general populace and it is through whistleblowers that we get to scoop on it

Here are some of the people who's works I have read about and I think they are speaking the truth

Bob Lazar
Michael Wolf
Philip Corso

[edit on 21-3-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
There are so many different agendas out there from so many different lifeforms its hard to tell who wants to be hidden and what there motives and/or purposes for this behaviour are.

All I see when I look up is Life, its the most amazing thing that goes so largely unacknowledged that I actually do become quite sad about it at times.

Life, life everywhere, all around us, at all times. So many different purposes, feelings, agendas, factions, races, sun, planets, galaxies, solar systems, universes!... its literally taking my breath away as I type this. It's beyond physical orgasm.

Walk with Love.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
CNN did a poll during a Larry King Show, also Bill Holden talked about a poll back in the 90s. Yeah its high, but I've only met a small amount of people who don't myself so I think its fairly accurate.

top topics

join